Black Country Communion

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Black Country Communion

Postby macheted01 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:53 am

I was just wondering if anybody follows BCC. Glenn Hughes, Joe Bonamassa, Jason Bonham and Derek Sherinian. Surprisingly, they have released three albums together. I have followed each one of them, with there newest being Afterglow. For those that do have them or just listened to them, what do you think?

Killer of Giants

Re: Black Country Communion

Postby Doobie » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:56 am

There's a thread further down on this page regarding BCC with comments. You may want to scroll down and take a look.

All Access Member

Re: Black Country Communion

Postby macheted01 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:16 am

I found a thread further down, but it seem to get off topic real quick and became a reunion of some of the members here. I remember some discussion of BCC earlier on, but could not find that thread, plus they have Afterglow out now. I am looking for some opinions on the progession of the band since it surfaced. For me, I think they had gotten better with each release. Not sure how far they will carry the project on, but I like it.
The material has gotten better with each release. When this project materialized, the idea was to capture that 70's vibe, which seems to be what alot of bands are trying to do these days, but without much success. I think they nailed it pretty good with Afterglow. I find myself wanting to keep listening to it, which I honestly cant say about the first two releases. I liked them, they just never hit the mak for me. The one thing I found missing on Afterglow was Joe's vocals, as in the first. The second release offered a couple more tunes with Joe's vocals chiming in and I would have liked to hear that again. Joe compliments Glens voice very well when harmonizing or trading off. Joe has really came on strong as of the last couple of years with all of his work that he has done and is sure to leave his mark in the music industry.

Return to Free for all...