Bo Bice

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: Bo Bice

Postby Jiver » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:15 am

seasons wrote:Ok, this one called me out a bit. I have to jump in on this. Now, I'm not a fan of Bo musically or vocally and I too was insulted by the suggestion of him with Jake and him being mentioned in the Ray realm. BUT, I have to stick up for him in the following ways:

First, as a singer you take every opportunity you can. If I was young enough to do Idol I would in a second. The unfortunate part for Bo is that now he is tied to the Clive Davis machine and now has to do music that isn't truly him. But ya gotta compromise to get the kind of fame he is enjoying now.

Second, when someone does a song like IN A DREAM, surly they aren't just picking a random song. He is a huge Ray and Jake fan. If you listened to the second performance of it, Bo even says "I love you Ray" right before he starts singing. Most people missed that, but find a copy of it, he does say that.

Third I met Bo a couple months back and did so specifically to discuss Ray with him. He is definitely genuine. A casualty of the "machine" maybe, but genuine just the same!

Well...

"Bo even says, I love you Ray right b/f he stars singing". 8O . Hmm, even if he's a "casualty" of the recording industry, the " machine ", to do that, well, some genuiness, I suppose. How old is Dude? Near 30? Ok, let's say he's 29. Now, in 2006. In 1991, when Voodoo came out, he was=13-14.

When I WAS 13/14, Diver Down came out. Diary came out. Scorpions "Blackout" was out. "Screaming for Vengeance", out. I can see where Ray's singing was an influence. Good older peers looking out for his musical interests there. Apparently. When I was 14/15, it was: "Shout at the Devil", "Bark at the Moon", "Metal Health", "Out of the Cellar", "Breaking the Chains", etc. So, yeah, in one's formative years, most influential, one SHOULD have GOOD music to refer to. Thank God I had some. As far as influencing my guitar playing. Bo, his vocals.

Postby Fretman » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:40 am

frethead wrote:Fretman, he obviously wasn't singing In a Dream as or in tribute to anybody.

What makes you so sure about that? He took a song that no one had heard of with a chance that it could get his ass thrown off the show for doing it. I'm no great fan of the show nor do I draw any comparison between he a Ray, but I see it as an obvious tribute.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:59 am

If he wanted to pay homage to Ray he wouldnt have done so by singing one of his songs on a gay ass dog and pony show like American Idol. And as far as Bo being genuine i would have to disagree because there is nothing genuine about any one of those goofballs on that freakshow. And someone mentioned in an earlier post about Bo Bitch enjoying the type of fame he is enjoying now and i have to ask just what kind of fame is that ? Being lumped in with the likes of that fag Clay Aiken, That fatt ass Rueben Studdard and that retarded littlt William Hung guy. Oh yea that is what i call fame :lol: In a couple of years no one will even remember this ASSCLOWN and hopefully he is forgotten way before that. If this chump had any integrity he would have stayed with the band he was with and tried to make it that way but integrity is obviously something that lil Bo Piss doesnt have.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:46 am

I don't know anything about the show. This is some sort-of Star Search kind-of competition, I assume? If he was singing In A Dream in tribute, he might have STATED his INTENTION of singing the song AS A TRIBUTE before singing it, TO WHOM his respects were being given, and he might have made a point with everyone that he did not want to win anything or take away anything from the good name and/ or character of the singer or the band ( whomever you believe he was singing a tribute to is your business) by dis-associating the song from some damn Primetime TV show. Or, something closer to that. That is my perspective on respect, I could be wrong.
Hey Jiver, congratulations, you are now an official and most highly disputed member of the sub-Society of the Order of the Serpentine! Salute ( you do that in private).
By the way, is that Jiver as in "liver," or Jiver as in "Macguyver?"

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:16 pm

I promise you that Bo Bice is singing/doing what Management 19 tells him to do, because they own him now. Yeah, I agree his current music isn't any good, and I don't think the guy has a great voice.

With that said, I agree that In A Dream is probably a tribute to Ray. It's not like anyone actually is familiar with the song. I simply liked the fact that a Badlands song and the band was exposed to 20 or 30 million people at once! Hell, Bo even sang it the next night by demand!

What's the problem? Why are we debating this?

Postby Fretman » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:36 pm

harddriver wrote:If he wanted to pay homage to Ray he wouldnt have done so by singing one of his songs on a gay ass dog and pony show like American Idol. And as far as Bo being genuine i would have to disagree because there is nothing genuine about any one of those goofballs on that freakshow. And someone mentioned in an earlier post about Bo Bitch enjoying the type of fame he is enjoying now and i have to ask just what kind of fame is that ? Being lumped in with the likes of that fag Clay Aiken, That fatt ass Rueben Studdard and that retarded littlt William Hung guy. Oh yea that is what i call fame :lol: In a couple of years no one will even remember this ASSCLOWN and hopefully he is forgotten way before that. If this chump had any integrity he would have stayed with the band he was with and tried to make it that way but integrity is obviously something that lil Bo Piss doesnt have.

You can't claim superior musical integrity in one thread, and then come rushing to the defense of CC Deville in another. If ever there was an ASSCLOWN playing music for the dollar sign, he was/is it. Being lumped in with the likes of Warrant, Firehouse, Trixter and Slaughter ain't much better than being lumped in William Hung, IMO. It's all the same shit, only with different wrappers.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Jiver » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:32 pm

frethead wrote:I don't know anything about the show. This is some sort-of Star Search kind-of competition, I assume? If he was singing In A Dream in tribute, he might have STATED his INTENTION of singing the song AS A TRIBUTE before singing it, TO WHOM his respects were being given, and he might have made a point with everyone that he did not want to win anything or take away anything from the good name and/ or character of the singer or the band ( whomever you believe he was singing a tribute to is your business) by dis-associating the song from some damn Primetime TV show. Or, something closer to that. That is my perspective on respect, I could be wrong.
Hey Jiver, congratulations, you are now an official and most highly disputed member of the sub-Society of the Order of the Serpentine! Salute ( you do that in private).

It's Harddriver that's being disputed "Uncle Fretty"; I'm just throwin' in my .02. Hehehe :lol: :lol: BTW, Macguyver=Jiver!!! No anchoves or livers, please!!!

Ok, Bo did In a Dream as a trib to Ray. Cool... :) :) :D :D hey, ppl, let's leave it at that. Don't know/care how Bo's being twisted by mgt./record co/hair stylists/makeup artists/ whoop-whoop, but ya know, if I were he, in his shoes, looking at mega bucks, who knows. Maybe I'd consider the alternative(pumping gas/construction job/flippin burgers, etc..). And Dude does have a wife/kiddos/bills. What would YOU do?

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Jiver » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:38 pm

frethead wrote:I don't know anything about the show. This is some sort-of Star Search kind-of competition, I assume? If he was singing In A Dream in tribute, he might have STATED his INTENTION of singing the song AS A TRIBUTE before singing it, TO WHOM his respects were being given, and he might have made a point with everyone that he did not want to win anything or take away anything from the good name and/ or character of the singer or the band ( whomever you believe he was singing a tribute to is your business) by dis-associating the song from some damn Primetime TV show. Or, something closer to that. That is my perspective on respect, I could be wrong.

It's Harddriver that's being disputed "Uncle Fretty"; I'm just throwin' in my .02. Hehehe :lol: :lol: BTW, Macguyver=Jiver!!! No anchoves or livers, please!!!

Ok, Bo did In a Dream as a trib to Ray. Cool... :) :) :D :D hey, ppl, let's leave it at that. Don't know/care how Bo's being twisted by mgt./record co/hair stylists/makeup artists/ whoop-whoop, but ya know, if I were he, in his shoes, looking at mega bucks, who knows. Maybe I'd consider the alternative(pumping gas/construction job/flippin burgers, etc..). And Dude does have a wife/kiddos/bills. What would YOU do?

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:19 pm

Jiver said - "Ok, Bo did In a Dream as a trib to Ray. Cool... hey, ppl, let's leave it at that. Don't know/care how Bo's being twisted by mgt./record co/hair stylists/makeup artists/ whoop-whoop, but ya know, if I were he, in his shoes, looking at mega bucks, who knows. Maybe I'd consider the alternative(pumping gas/construction job/flippin burgers, etc..). And Dude does have a wife/kiddos/bills. What would YOU do?"

Well, I would hope I wouldn't appear on TV trying to come across as something I didn't intend to be afterward. Anyone that watched the show knows Bo was trying to come across as "Mr. Cool Rockstar". That's why we're saying he sold out. His newly recorded music is being spun so teen girls can fawn and swoon over him from around the globe. Pishaw. Some of us feel he should remain the person he was when he won millions of fans over. But, in a sense, you're right. What if it did happen to us and a slew of money was waved under our noses? Money or individuality ... it would be a tough decision for some, I'm sure. And, Lord knows, Bo wasn't the first to sell out.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:32 pm

How gay can his music be, havnt heard it yet, but by the way u guys are talking, must be pretty lame. :(

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:48 pm

Purrrrrrty gay rock - little mooshy love song ... *sigh*

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:57 am

DAMN, I hate it when that happens!!! Some tribute, huh?! :oops: Whatever. C.C. Deville? Now, THAT is fuzxing funny!!!

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:25 am

Look, I'm so sick and tired of everyone everywhere you go talk about "selling out" and "integrity".

I'll let Joe Perry settle this one. He said "We're an arena rock band. To play arena's you have to make some compromises. If you're that much of an "ARTIST" than stay home and play in the local coffee houses with your 'integrity'".

You want a national and international audience? Or do you want to have the most "Friends" on your Myspace music page, while you self indulge and stay local?

Well, like any choice, both come with their upside and with their price.

Hmm...get on tv in front of millions every week for several months, or stay at home and play around town because someone might call you a sell out? Seems pretty easy choice to me. Funny, Bo is out touring and selling albums in his sleep. And us? We're fighting about it in a fucking Jake E. Lee online chat room. Any questions?

The "ass clown" here is obvious.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:19 pm

Well, I guess you put this ass clown in her place. NOT! There are tons of talentless people laughing all the way to the bank. That doesn't mean WE have to agree with or even like them. It's not uncommon for people who have been in the business to "compromise" but, the disappointment here is that his debut is the opposite of what he represented himself to be.
Last edited by Doobie on Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:41 pm

Fretman wrote: You can't claim superior musical integrity in one thread, and then come rushing to the defense of CC Deville in another. If ever there was an ASSCLOWN playing music for the dollar sign, he was/is it. Being lumped in with the likes of Warrant, Firehouse, Trixter and Slaughter ain't much better than being lumped in William Hung, IMO. It's all the same shit, only with different wrappers.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That was fucking beautiful man! :lol:

I am going to be laughing at that one all day Jake. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...