Bo Bice

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Bo Bice

Postby frethead » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:29 am

Hey guys, I just saw an ad for the newest reality TV show last night. Which channel it's going to air on I'm having some difficulty bringing up, but I think this new show could be the first indication of future relief from having to bitch and quabble about all of these no talent, got-the-big-deal-in-the-back-of-a-limo, buttkissing wanna-bes. And, the name of the show tells the whole story; get this . . . "Honey, We're Killing the Kids." (Man, I hope they're going to have auditions near here!!!)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:33 pm

lol I saw them advertise that last night. "What your kid will look like when they're 40". Well, as scary as it is, my daughter can just take a look at me and tell what she's going to look like! agggghhh

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:59 am

My kids already look like me they are all minni me's ykes
The artist formally known as Brawler

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:58 pm

Sorry to argue Strat, and I don't mean to come off like an Idol fag, but to me a career "dying down" is hardly marked by winning TWO grammys which is what Kelly Clarkson did this year. She even beat out Paul McCartney is one catagory.

So, as amazed as I am too, some of these kids really are enjoying real careers out of this show.

Ya, can't bash 'em for that!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:05 pm

No doubt man, I was debating that fact on the old board with someone that said she wasn't making any money because of her contract. Bullshit! Kelly has got it going on.

Funny thing is, this was last year and her album was on the Billboard top 20.

Guess what, it still is.....

Yep. She is going no where.... LOL....

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:22 pm

Well, it's not to say she's making money. She doesn't write and I think you're pretty bound and gagged under the Clive contract, but she is definitely a real name and having quite a career.

Maybe by now she is making loot, but I bet she didn't for a few years there.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:37 am

seasons wrote:Sorry to argue Strat, and I don't mean to come off like an Idol fag, but to me a career "dying down" is hardly marked by winning TWO grammys which is what Kelly Clarkson did this year. She even beat out Paul McCartney is one catagory.

So, as amazed as I am too, some of these kids really are enjoying real careers out of this show.

Ya, can't bash 'em for that!

The grammy's suck, but I get your point, the girl can sing I'll give her that, but she's trying hard to change her image and get away from Idol. I guess she thinks she's Pat Benatar now (I won't go so far as to say Lita Ford).

Postby kathyc » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:53 am

AND - since this is the Bo Bice Thread - I might just throw out that his career is going pretty well too - and he won't be under Clive too much longer. From what I have read here, most only know him from AI and haven't seen the many faces of Bo - but you will. He's got a lot more going with his band Sugarmoney and if you've never caught his performance at Bonnaroo with Galactic or heard any of his earlier music with Purge - or see him live - then you've only seen a small slice.

He's a righteous dude.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:49 am

kathyc wrote:AND - since this is the Bo Bice Thread - I might just throw out that his career is going pretty well too - and he won't be under Clive too much longer. From what I have read here, most only know him from AI and haven't seen the many faces of Bo - but you will. He's got a lot more going with his band Sugarmoney and if you've never caught his performance at Bonnaroo with Galactic or heard any of his earlier music with Purge - or see him live - then you've only seen a small slice.

He's a righteous dude.

I have no doubt that he has talent Kathy its just that alot of us see A,I as being the decline of real rock n roll what I mean by this is they are a joke among musicians who care about the music . A,I is a text book example of what to avoid in the music buisiness . he would be better of doing what he was because then he would not only keep his street cerd but also would not have to deal with the pimps known as Amaerican Idol.

Postby kathyc » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:40 am

Yeah, I know what you're saying, I'm an old school rock and roller too (not a musician mind you, just a discerning fan) and it wasn't AI that got me watching Bo - just the opposite, Bo got me watching mofo AI. I'm afraid his street cred would have been a moot point if he hadn't made this move - mainly to get more gigs for his band - seriously. They all had wives and families to feed and had to take straight jobs and the dream was passing them by - so what did he have to lose? Yeah, some backtracking to win over the hard core - but anyone who's met him or worked with him have gotten over that pretty fast.
There's always exceptions to the rule.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:49 am

I still can't Beleive that Randy Jackson is still doing thatb instead of producing he was also one of the first Jackson bass endorcees plus playing for Journey and have a colum in guitar world Mag . man what happened ?

Randy come back to rock we'll forgive you LOL!!!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:29 am

stratattack wrote:I have no doubt that he has talent Kathy its just that alot of us see A,I as being the decline of real rock n roll what I mean by this is they are a joke among musicians who care about the music . A,I is a text book example of what to avoid in the music buisiness . he would be better of doing what he was because then he would not only keep his street cerd but also would not have to deal with the pimps known as Amaerican Idol.

I completely disagree with you on that. American Idol is entertainment television, nothing more, nothing less.

If I could sing and was young enough to be on AI, I would try because this is what any talented singer would want. A jump start in the music business.

If you win, you get instant promotion, instant fame, instant recording contracts, instant connections with the big names from agents, to engineers, to songwriters and session musicians. You get all that without having to slave away at the club scene, touring, being broke and struggling to make it and taking a chance on being discovered. We all know a lot of talented musicians that never got the big break.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:43 pm

mrmetal wrote:
stratattack wrote:I have no doubt that he has talent Kathy its just that alot of us see A,I as being the decline of real rock n roll what I mean by this is they are a joke among musicians who care about the music . A,I is a text book example of what to avoid in the music buisiness . he would be better of doing what he was because then he would not only keep his street cerd but also would not have to deal with the pimps known as Amaerican Idol.

I completely disagree with you on that. American Idol is entertainment television, nothing more, nothing less.

If I could sing and was young enough to be on AI, I would try because this is what any talented singer would want. A jump start in the music business.

If you win, you get instant promotion, instant fame, instant recording contracts, instant connections with the big names from agents, to engineers, to songwriters and session musicians. You get all that without having to slave away at the club scene, touring, being broke and struggling to make it and taking a chance on being discovered. We all know a lot of talented musicians that never got the big break.

Well said. I don't have a problem with AI. IMO, the show has founded two of the best pop-singers today, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.

The show should be quite interesting this week when they all attempt Queen tunes! :D

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:42 pm

I'm kinda curious to see what Chris will sing, I figure it will probably be We Will Rock You, but I could see him singing several songs, including Tie Your Mother Down.

And I'll repeat my previous post : If someone like Kellie Pickler sings We Will Rock You, I'm going to be either laughing or crying.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:16 am

excitable87 wrote:I'm kinda curious to see what Chris will sing, I figure it will probably be We Will Rock You, but I could see him singing several songs, including Tie Your Mother Down.

And I'll repeat my previous post : If someone like Kellie Pickler sings We Will Rock You, I'm going to be either laughing or crying.

Well, I'm looking for the majority of singers on AI to slaughter the music anyways! :lol: People can say all they want about Freddie Mercury, but the guy could sing, no doubt about it.

I can't believe that Simon told Chris that singing Creed's - What If was too over the top :!: After he said that, I wish Chris had sang Sevendust's song called, Waffle! It's one of my favorite tunes by the band. :lol: I've read where he says he's a big Sevendust fan is the reason I brought this up, by the way.

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...