Zeppelin remasters

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1893
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: BFE

Zeppelin remasters

Postby Doobie » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:46 am

PAGE READIES NEW LED ZEPPELIN REMASTERS:
Jimmy Page recently confirmed that he's remastering all nine Led Zeppelin albums, with each set being readied as deluxe, expanded editions featuring, "extra music and bonus material." Page, who produced all of Led Zeppelin's live and studio albums, has served as the band's chief archivist and personally oversaw the remastering of the band's catalogue back in the nearly '90s. In Page's new interview with RollingStone.com, he explained, "The catalog was last remastered 20 years ago. That's a long time. Everything is being transferred from analog to a higher-resolution digital format. That's one of the problems with the Zeppelin stuff. It sounds ridiculous on MP3. You can't hear what's there properly."
According to Page, Led Zeppelin did not record a lot of additional songs for each LP, "but there was an overage of material — different versions of things, different approaches to the mixes," Page explained. The unreleased material includes early alternative takes at Headley Grange, the English manor where Zeppelin recorded some of their most iconic work, particularly their 1971 untitled fourth album.
"The classic there was 'When the Levee Breaks'," Page told RollingStone.com, "where the drums were set up in the hallway. You know what it sounded like – immense – from the recorded version. But we used the drums in the hall for a number of things, like 'Kashmir' [on 1975's 'Physical Graffiti'] — some with closer miking. So there were a lot of different approaches. It will be fascinating for people to witness the work in progress."
Released on November 19 was Led Zeppelin's new live collection, "Celebration Day", which was recorded and filmed at Zeppelin's December 10, 2007 reunion show at London's O2 Arena. The concert film was made available on CD, DVD, Blu-ray disc through Swan Song/Atlantic Records.

All Access Member
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:24 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Zeppelin remasters

Postby Kathy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:38 pm

WOW Thats great news...cant wait for that one to come out? Anybody see Jimmy Page and The Edge on VH1 Classic "It might get loud"?

All Access Member
Posts: 1643
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Zeppelin remasters

Postby Shadow » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:13 pm

LED ZEPPELIN were on David Letterman Show last night: it was nice seeing the Iconic Rockers Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Robert Plant sitting/being in the same place together...'surely their Drummer John Bonham Spirit was present as well/and I hope he is honored too. Spectacular, wish they could of performed. The KENNEDY Center are honoring them. :D Awesome!!

All Access Member
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:24 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Zeppelin remasters

Postby Kathy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:28 am

Shadow wrote:LED ZEPPELIN were on David Letterman Show last night: it was nice seeing the Iconic Rockers Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Robert Plant sitting/being in the same place together...'surely their Drummer John Bonham Spirit was present as well/and I hope he is honored too. Spectacular, wish they could of performed. The KENNEDY Center are honoring them. :D Awesome!!


I cant wait to see that I think its on Dec 12th ...Heart will be preforming "Stairway to Heaven" 8)

All Access Member
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:24 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Zeppelin remasters

Postby Kathy » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:17 am

Kathy wrote:
Shadow wrote:LED ZEPPELIN were on David Letterman Show last night: it was nice seeing the Iconic Rockers Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Robert Plant sitting/being in the same place together...'surely their Drummer John Bonham Spirit was present as well/and I hope he is honored too. Spectacular, wish they could of performed. The KENNEDY Center are honoring them. :D Awesome!!


I cant wait to see that I think its on Dec 12th ...Heart will be preforming "Stairway to Heaven" 8)


Sorry folks...The date is Dec 26th.. :D

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Zeppelin remasters

Postby dixiefix » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:39 am

David Letterman is still going witty :!: :lol:
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....
------------------+-------------------

All Access Member
Posts: 1643
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Zeppelin remasters

Postby Shadow » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:34 pm

Kathy wrote:
Kathy wrote:
Shadow wrote:LED ZEPPELIN were on David Letterman Show last night: it was nice seeing the Iconic Rockers Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Robert Plant sitting/being in the same place together...'surely their Drummer John Bonham Spirit was present as well/and I hope he is honored too. Spectacular, wish they could of performed. The KENNEDY Center are honoring them. :D Awesome!!


I cant wait to see that I think its on Dec 12th ...Heart will be preforming "Stairway to Heaven" 8)


Sorry folks...The date is Dec 26th.. :D


That's cool news and how cool of HEART paying Tribute honors to the Iconic Band LED ZEPPELIN. Their an treasure: I hope it comes on the regular channels. December 26, 2012 I'll definitely keep an watch on that date!!

All Access Member
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:24 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Zeppelin remasters

Postby Kathy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:59 am

I cant wait to see that I think its on Dec 12th ...Heart will be preforming "Stairway to Heaven" 8)[/quote]

Sorry folks...The date is Dec 26th.. :D[/quote]

That's cool news and how cool of HEART paying Tribute honors to the Iconic Band LED ZEPPELIN. Their an treasure: I hope it comes on the regular channels. December 26, 2012 I'll definitely keep an watch on that date!![/quote]

Led Zepp and Heart will be on CBS at 9pm EST on Wed Dec 26th...Hope every one will be nice and full and will enjoy the show!! Merry Christmas to all :D And to all a good night 8)

Return to Free for all...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest