For old times sake

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Secret Loser

For old times sake

Postby Sunrise » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:00 pm

All Access Member

Re: For old times sake

Postby macheted01 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:13 pm

Cool video. Never watched that one before. If only there was the recording technology then, that we have now. Either way, always good to watch. Also, get to see the energy of the crowd towards the end. How I wish, I would have been able to see these guys.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:41 pm

Oh HELL YEAH!!! 8) Cool find Sunrise, thank you!! Merry Christmas to us :D

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:56 pm

Damn !!!! Jake could play , Ray could sing and Eric Singer and Greg Chaisson were an awesome battery together. They dont make bands like this anymore.

Secret Loser

Postby Sunrise » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:33 am

On this evidence and countless others Badlands should been playing to full stadiums. Quite how they never got the commercial success they deserved will continue to puzzel me till the day I die. It was beautiful while it lasted.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:50 am

I agree with everyone's comments about how amazing Badlands were.

The video poster Oilcan00 was good friends with Ray, and spent a lot of time with Badlands. I emailed him once to try and get him to come to this site, but I got no response (unless he is already here)
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:50 pm

Well, when Badlands hit, it was during a transitioning phase of music then. Going back to old school roots in every way, just was not excepted at that time by most. Funny how if it was happening today, how more relevant they would be. There are so many bands now trying to capture this vibe and most just dont pull it off. I suppose if they would have folded and gave management and record labels want they wanted, it may have been a different story. For the record, so glad they did not. Badlands captured my attention right out of the gate, with that intro to Highwire.
I force fed hearing it to some back in the day, but even then, most refused to except it. Cant tell you why. I just dont think the people that were listening could hear the raw talent of this band.

Return to Free for all...