Ritchie Blackmore

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Ritchie Blackmore

Postby Stargazer » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:41 pm

There must be a lot of Blackmore fans here? Ritchie's guitar work sounds fresh and technically challenging by todays even on his 70's recordings! Ritchie and Ronnie invented Power Metal aswell with Rainbow. Deep Purple was also one of the first true hard rock bands. Ritchie's neo classical lines were way ahead of there time too and Ritchie didn't only play neo classical lines like Yngwie. Ritchie also influenced some of the best players ever....

Yngwie Malmsteen, Randy Rhoads, Timo Tolkii, Vinnie Moore, Dave Murray, Craig Goldy and many others. I've read on websites that Jake was influenced by Ritchie but I can't confirm that the websites are legit so I don't know about that.

All Access Member

Re: Ritchie Blackmore

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:33 am

Ritchie is amazing PERIOD

next to tony iommi and jimmy page he held his own

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:45 am

Stargazer wrote:Ritchie didn't only play neo classical lines like Yngwie.

Yngwie is one helluva bluesplayer as well ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:03 am

MetalHead wrote:

Very true! My thought exactly, I just love when he starts ripping on some Blues licks, unfortunately he doesn't play the Blues as much as I'd like to hear from him.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:55 am

Yngwie played alot for blues on the G3 tour. he can also sing too he sang voodoo child and manic depression and it blew me away. I was thinking why does he bother with the old rehashed stuff as great as it is and do a more bluesy album and sing on it .
I think it would do very well. unleash the fury was great too. but I love the stuff with Joe Lyn Turner the best. as for blackmore anything but Blackmores night. again Joe Lyn turner the best purple and Rainbow records had him singing in them. I wish purple had more Tommy Bolin too
and for neo classical let us NOT forget Uli Jon Roth, Joe Stump, Chris Impelliteri ,Rusty Cooly . Back to Richie , he smoked Page and Iommi. and to Stratgazer real metal will always stay the test of time as long as they never do what the fad infested record companys tell them. :twisted:

All Access Member

Postby Stargazer » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:27 am

MetalHead wrote:

When he wants to be he is. His blues in Trial By fire is excellent but Yngwie plays only neo classical lines 95% of the time.

All Access Member

Postby Stargazer » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:30 am

stratattack wrote:Yngwie played alot for blues on the G3 tour. he can also sing too he sang voodoo child and manic depression and it blew me away. I was thinking why does he bother with the old rehashed stuff as great as it is and do a more bluesy album and sing on it .
I think it would do very well. unleash the fury was great too. but I love the stuff with Joe Lyn Turner the best. as for blackmore anything but Blackmores night. again Joe Lyn turner the best purple and Rainbow records had him singing in them. I wish purple had more Tommy Bolin too
and for neo classical let us NOT forget Uli Jon Roth, Joe Stump, Chris Impelliteri ,Rusty Cooly . Back to Richie , he smoked Page and Iommi. and to Stratgazer real metal will always stay the test of time as long as they never do what the fad infested record companys tell them. :twisted:

Yeah Yngwie does have a great voice. Listen to Cherokee Warrior off Unleash The Fury.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:40 am

On Yngwie's Inspiration disc he plays one or two blues tracks I believe. I love it when he plays blues as well. It's blues, but it still has that Yngwie touch. It makes for very interesting music to say the least!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:27 am

Stargazer wrote:
MetalHead wrote:

When he wants to be he is. His blues in Trial By fire is excellent but Yngwie plays only neo classical lines 95% of the time.

Then you haven't heard very much of Yngwie :P
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Stargazer » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:38 am

MetalHead wrote:
Stargazer wrote:
MetalHead wrote:

Then you haven't heard very much of Yngwie :P

Yeah I have. I own Risign Force, Marching Out, Trilogy, Odyssey, Trial By Fire, Eclipse, Fire And Ice, Facing The Animal, Attack, Unleash The Fury plus the albums he dio with Steeler and Alcatrazz and I saw him live. I know he is a great blues player when he wants to be but he doesn't play blues half as much as Ritchie does.

All Access Member

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:16 pm

I got Yngwie doing
Burn with mike vescera (he rules)

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:46 pm

JUST REMEBER BLACKMORE CAME FIRST !!!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:59 pm

stratattack wrote:JUST REMEBER BLACKMORE CAME FIRST !!!!!

Yngwie remembers anyway ;)

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:07 pm

I don't think it's out yet in the US but the California jam '74 has been recently released on DVD in Europe. This gig is most well known for Ritchie's trashing of a camera, he also put his amps on fire and left in an helicopter while policemen were still searching for him.
It has bonus tracks, commentaries, alternate camera angles, galleries and DTS.
Formerly known as \"Berseker\"

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:31 am

Hell_Tanner wrote:This gig is most well known for Ritchie's trashing of a camera, he also put his amps on fire and left in an helicopter while policemen were still searching for him.
It has bonus tracks, commentaries, alternate camera angles, galleries and DTS.

Good boy Ritchie :twisted:

Next

Return to Free for all...