Rocktron Banshee (Talk box)

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Rocktron Banshee (Talk box)

Postby johnthebrucelee » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:05 am

Alright, I browsed around eBay for a BF-2 Flanger and somehow came across this. I'm new to talk boxes and I read all the info on this baby and I want it BUT the thing is that I have no clue how to use a talk box. Do you have to have the tube in your mouth? Can you play without the tube? Can I add this talk box along with my pedals into the amp? :?

Secret Loser

Re: Rocktron Banshee (Talk box)

Postby Hell_Tanner » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:01 am

Yes, you should have the tube in your mouth but you can't play without it. A talk box is like any other pedal, stomp on the switch to cut the effect.
Yet you should have a PA or two cabs in order to use the talk box one for your "normal" sound and the other for the talk box.

Quality-wise, you should be just fine with a Rocktron Banshee or a Dunlop Heil Box, just don't waste your money on that crappy Danelectro Free Speech, it's useless.
Formerly known as \"Berseker\"

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:59 am

correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the rocktron have a preamp in it? I think with the rocktron you can use it much more like a normal pedal by connecting it in-line with your amp and guitar, whereas with the old style Heil Talk Box you have to use the line out from your amp and a microphone and PA. I think that's the difference but I'm not sure.

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:37 pm

Haaa yes, correct! I didn't know that about the Banshee:

"Leave it to the stomp box gurus at Rocktron. The Banshee rocks, simply and safely. What makes the Banshee so unique is that it contains its own internal preamp, amplifier, and horn driver. You simply plug into the Banshee like you would any common stomp box, and run the provided "tubing" up the mic stand and into your mouth. The rest is up to your own imagination as you get the most incredible sounds from your instrument. And no more risk of blowing up your favorite amp head, (always a possibility with talk boxes of old)."

Pretty interesting I must say, the Danelectro I was talking about earlier works the same but it works...bad, really bad.
I just hope the Banshee really works and I might be interested in this pedal in the future. :o

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:37 pm

I'm considering ot get it off eBay right now, but the thing is that for some reason, I dislike really high gain devices. :(

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:32 am

johnthebrucelee wrote:I'm considering ot get it off eBay right now, but the thing is that for some reason, I dislike really high gain devices. :(

:?: Is it supposed to add distorsion?

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:29 am

I'm pretty sure it does. I still hate having super high gain devices on my pedal line. For exampl, the Digitech Metal Master is a distortion and the Danoelectro Fab Tone is a ditortion pedal. The Digitech Metal Master is not that of a high gain than the Danoelectro Fab Tone is.

Return to Free for all...