Stubs!

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Stubs!

Postby Deansolo » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:43 am

I was looking thru some stuff over the weekend and came across this gem!

I thought I'd share. :D

EDIT: I forgot to add...Motorhead was the opener!!!! :twisted: :D :P
Last edited by Deansolo on Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killer of Giants

Re: Stubs!

Postby crisguitar » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:50 am

envy boils beneath my skin

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:01 am

I dug these out of my stub album:

my one and only time seeing Badlands. I've seen Tesla and Great White 2X each. This show was at the Patriot Center at George Mason University in Virginia. Great seats, I remember.

How about this:

Pink Floyd for only $20! No opening band, and they played for 3 hours. :P I had killer seats, and it was an indoors show. They played the Cap Centre 3 or 4 nights in a row.

Good thread, Dean!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:30 am

Those are awesome! $9.75 for a ticket...geeze! You're lucky to find a used CD for that now! :-)

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:15 am

the fact she was able to see floyd for only 20 bucks!

hell the last time I saw them during the division bell tourr that one was 98.00 bucks a pop!!!
those were the days. and now yah see great white for 10 bucks who would have guest.
Hell the last time I saw Motley Crue , that one cost me $60.00
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:31 am

Ozzy and Jake on the Ultimate Sin tour in '86.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:51 am

Here's a couple more:

Ozzy broke his ankle in Chicago before this show, so it was rescheduled and the show wasn't til 1/92. Prong opened for him.

Dokken was the opener-first time seeing them. This was also the show where www.heavymetalparkinglot.com was filmed. 8) If you go to the site under Scrapbook, there's a scan of the ticket. I had better seats. :wink:

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:09 am

These prices are making me sick.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Thajan » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:53 am

Well the Top acts are indeed very expensive but the small(er) acts as much less. For instance I'm going to see Celtic Frost June 1st for 18 euro (about the same in $). And I saw Children of Bodom a few months ago for 20 euro's.... Remember when all you people went to see all those acts, they weren't as astablished yet as they are now. It's simple: When you are a bigger act or have a bigger name; You pay more money.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:38 am

Thajan wrote: Remember when all you people went to see all those acts, they weren't as astablished yet as they are now. It's simple: When you are a bigger act or have a bigger name; You pay more money.

Judas Priest, Pink Floyd and Ozzy were pretty big, established acts when I saw them. In fact, it was Priest's and Ozzy's heyday-they were HUGE. Pink Floyd has been an established act since the 70s. I saw them during the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour, and it was a big deal because at the time, they hadn't toured in years. Floyd did 3 or 4 sell outs just where I live. All of the other shows that I posted were sold out, too.

Ticketbastard fees weren't nearly as bad then as they are now ($4-$8 as opposed to about $15 now). We're talking 20 years ago-OUCH! Plus inflation-it sucks. I just can't afford to go to as many shows now. Twenty bucks twenty years ago went alot further than it does today. :? You can't even fill your gas tank for $20.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:09 pm

Thajan wrote:Well the Top acts are indeed very expensive but the small(er) acts as much less. For instance I'm going to see Celtic Frost June 1st for 18 euro (about the same in $). And I saw Children of Bodom a few months ago for 20 euro's.... Remember when all you people went to see all those acts, they weren't as astablished yet as they are now. It's simple: When you are a bigger act or have a bigger name; You pay more money.

I disagree. It boils down to that most of these bands have egoes the size of Alaska, so promoters charge these prices. It's a business, so they're in it for profit, that's the bottom line.

I remember when Damn Yankees and Bad Company were touring together in the early 90s. They were marketing that tour as an affordable concert to attend. I believe tickets were like $10 or $15 to to see two very established acts at the time.

Postby Fretman » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:27 am

Here's a few for you...

The info on the Jake stub is disappearing...how ironic.

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:07 pm

Great thread!

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:03 am

Here's another Ozzy ticket stub from the Diary of a Madman tour at the San Diego Sports Arena. Unfortunately the a**hole taking the tickets at the venue took the part that had the date on it! My memory is so shot I can't even begin to remember the exact date. I'm sure someone knows it. :D

EDIT: The date was January 4 1982...A very kind gentleman by the name of Flying Dutchman over at www.ultimaterhoads.com was able to verify the date for me by finding another "whole" ticket from the same show on the net. Thanks 'Dutchman! :D
Last edited by Deansolo on Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:25 am

:D Here's on from G3

Satch, Eric Johnson and Steve Vai.........Special guest: Kenny Wayne Shepard
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Next

Return to Free for all...