Top 5 Drummers

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: Top 5 Drummers

Postby harddriver » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:16 pm

excitable87 wrote:OK well, like I said you don't have to like mine, just state your own, and put who their with cause I'm sure I've never heard of 75% of the drummers for the Prog bands.

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my list at any time. :twisted:
Dont feel bad because 99.9% of all humans havent heard of 98% of prog/power metal drummers :wink: :D

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:45 pm

I don't rate drummers only by their "drumrolling", but also by thier abilty keep time and to "swing" and "groove"..... as it were...so I'm sure some of you may really disagree with my choices.

But here's my "Top whatever" in no particular order:

Bonzo

Ringo

Ron Solo (my brother) :)

Bill Ward

Reg Isidore

Ginger Baker

Mitch Mitchell

Neil Peart

Frank Beard

Clive Bunker

Carmine Appice

Dave Holland

Herman Rarebell

Tommy Aldrige

Phil Rudd

Cozy Powell

Aynsley Dunbar

Alex Van Halen

Steve Smith

Billy Cobham

Kenny Jones

Scott Travis

Mike Shrieve

Ian Paice

Simon Kirke

Charlie Watts

and on, and on, and on!
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:30 am

harddriver wrote:
excitable87 wrote:OK well, like I said you don't have to like mine, just state your own, and put who their with cause I'm sure I've never heard of 75% of the drummers for the Prog bands.

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my list at any time. :twisted:
Dont feel bad because 99.9% of all humans havent heard of 98% of prog/power metal drummers :wink: :D

Well, in that case, 99.9% of all humans don't still listen to guys that play in bands that wear their big sister's makeup! :lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:20 am

harddriver wrote: Dont feel bad because 99.9% of all humans havent heard of 98% of prog/power metal drummers :wink: :D

Most people have heard of Neil Peart. I think he qualifies as a progressive drummer.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:19 pm

mrmetal wrote:In no particular order:

Keith Moon, Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy, Scott Travis, Bill Ward

mrmetal, speaking of Scott, do you own the Rising in the East DVD?

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:23 pm

Doobie wrote:

Of course. :wink:

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:44 pm

There's nothing wrong with your chose of your personal fave Top 5 Drummers, Excitable87: you have a pretty cool list there of great groovy Drummers! Myself I like all kinds of "music" which leads into all kinds of Music genre fields and it's quite difficult just chosen only "5" extraodinary Drummers from alist of thousands of incrediable Drummers. So with that said heres just a few of the "many" Skillful Master groovie Drummers that I like and admire: Tommy Aldridge (Whitesnake, Ozzy Osbourne & Black Oak Arkansa/I was very surprise Tommy was in Black Oak Arkansa..-we all know Tommy truelly Trailblazed in that band, too!), Dave DuCey (WWIII/Mandy Lion Band) incrediable high energy Drummer, Ray Luzier (Wicked Alliance, David Lee Roth & ARMY of Anyone) amazing/complex Drummer to watch so is Bobby Jarzombek (Halford & Painmuseum) they play backwards/look like their double jointed are something I'm like that must really hurt to do that but it seems it doesn't bother them at all! Okay, that's 4 Master Skill Drummers that I like and the 5th would be the Octopus from the BADLANDS Eric Singer (Badlands & Kiss) his all mighty gritty gator arms! Their all phenomanel and their live performances along w/their music collegues in crime are just speehless to witness/their really really great at what they do. :o 8) 8O That's alot of work! Peace.

Postby skezza » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:24 am

No order, Keith Moon John Bonham Tommy Aldridge ill leave it at that cant think of anymore I like!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:15 am

Doobie wrote:

Doobie, if we're on speaking terms :lol: that's an excellent DVD in my opinion. The sound is phenominal!

In addition to Rising In The East, I suggest checking out Twisted Sister's Live at Wacken to check out another veteran hard rock act that hasn't lost their flair!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:35 am

Poets - o'course we are, Doofus. And, for once, you're right about something!!! hahahaha. That DVD does have GREAT sound. I was totally astounded at the quality of that DVD. However, as I've mentioned to mrmetal, I thought Halford sang a couple of songs way too slow. So slowly, in fact, that the band had to adjust to his speed. I also noted that Halford doesn't look well through the eyes in that show. I think he might have been ailing. Hell, he never stood totally erect in Turbo Lover. What was that bent-over position about for that entire song (no obscene comments needed on that one guys!). He hardly ever held his head up throughout the show. The rest of the band was great though. I was just a lil disappointed in Robbie every once in a while on this one - must have been under the weather.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:30 pm

Doobie wrote:Poets - o'course we are, Doofus. And, for once, you're right about something!!! hahahaha. That DVD does have GREAT sound. I was totally astounded at the quality of that DVD. However, as I've mentioned to mrmetal, I thought Halford sang a couple of songs way too slow. So slowly, in fact, that the band had to adjust to his speed. I also noted that Halford doesn't look well through the eyes in that show. I think he might have been ailing. Hell, he never stood totally erect in Turbo Lover. What was that bent-over position about for that entire song (no obscene comments needed on that one guys!). He hardly ever held his head up throughout the show. The rest of the band was great though. I was just a lil disappointed in Robbie every once in a while on this one - must have been under the weather.

Yeah, I know what you mean. You can tell he's gotten older for sure. It's a world of difference to compare Bruce Dickinson to Rob Halford in the way they act on stage. Bruce is practically as active as he was back in the 80s, if not more so now! Rob on the other hand is rather boring to watch.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:58 pm

I see no mention of Eric singer.....He is one of my faves anyway, as are most of the above mentioned. :) Seen him last week with E.S.P. Heres a pic of my gf's sister with eric last week. :)

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon May 01, 2006 5:43 am

Rock wrote:I see no mention of Eric singer.....He is one of my faves anyway, as are most of the above mentioned. :) Seen him last week with E.S.P. Heres a pic of my gf's sister with eric last week. :)

Wow Rock, I like Singer and all, but your gf's is very attractive! :)

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Fri May 05, 2006 6:11 am

Hahaha Poet, is my gf's sister, my gf is pretty good if not better, :)

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri May 05, 2006 11:13 am

Rock wrote:Hahaha Poet, is my gf's sister, my gf is pretty good if not better, :)

:)

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...