Rough Cutt

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: Rough Cutt

Postby Charvelised » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:44 am

No Problem, I didn't take offence, I'm 37and an 80's rocker Too!
Sometimes when one is 15 certain elements of songs are a blur but as one evolves, lyrics and melody seem more important I love singers Like Coverdale, Glenn hughes, Rob lamothe, Robert Plant and obviously Ray!
I do like some New bands but mostly ones that use the old sounds!
Burning Rain, Artension, King Karma, Etc

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:43 pm

Burning Rain...that's Doug Aldrich, right? I've heard of them, but I've not listened to them before.

Artension, I like pretty well. Pheonix Rising is about the only one I own though. Valley of the Kings is one of my favorites!

I'm not familiar at all with King Karma though. I'll have to check it out.

Are you a Masterplan/Jorn Lande fan? That's my boy! He's a cross between Coverdale and Dio. :-) One heck of a combination! If you haven't already, then check out Masterplan's self titled debut album. It'll kick you in the butt...trust me!

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:12 pm

Yes, I'm a Jorn fan, He was in a Band called the Snakes Ex whitesnake members, Very Coverdale fantastic! Also Ark, Vagabond He was Also Malmsteens Singer!
King Karma Are excellent the singer is Mighty Fine!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:21 am

Yeah, the Snakes disc is fantastic! I'm not familiar with Vagabond, but the Millinium s/t disc is very good as well. I have the second Ark disc, but not the first. I believe the first is out of print now, so you need to hang on to that one!

Are you familiar with a band called, Gotthard? If you like Whitesnake, then you'll like those guys.

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:44 am

Yes, Gotthard I like.
The Drummer(Neil) in my Band owns a record Shop So he Listens everything and points it out if he thinks I'll like it, he Found me Red Sea a few years ago which is Excellent, He also got me Die Happy cd which had the singer of Red Sea is on kyle Basuri!...
As a Drummer Neil is a Pain Always late etc, but he knows his stuff! He also Promotes band over here (UK) recently Firehouse, tyketto, tuff, Pretty Boy Floyd.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:02 am

Maybe you're the one that recommended Red Sea before the forum went down last time?

Anyway, someone suggested them, so I bought the disc from Amazon, and I love it! Kyle has a great voice! I wonder what happened to him after that project?

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:37 pm

Thanks a whole bunch PoetsandMadmen sharing this "special" news with us Jake E. Lee fans here. I really hope that these early Hard Rock Classics ROUGH CUTT re-issues that's coming out through the Wounded Bird Record Label will have "Used & Abused and A Little Kindness" on the re-issues albums/Cd's for those are some excellent Rough Cutt masterpieces that Jake E. Lee appears/added his Electric flames input on and I'm sure other Classic songs while being in the band ROUGH CUTT. They/Rough Cutt definately had the ultimate potential Paul Shortino-Vocals, Jakey Williams (Jake E. Lee)-Guitars and Claude Schnell-keyboards and I look forward to finding this rare vintage CD Double Set of ROUGH CUTT early Master Classic's from the early 80's. Peace!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:00 am

No problem Ms. Shadow! Unfortunately, the re-releases won't have the Jake songs on them that you listed. :-(

I agree with you though, no Rough Cutt is complete without those two songs from Paul and Jake.

Shortino has an excellent voice! I'd like to see him and Jake work together again!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:38 pm

Oh, my that's really ashame those early Classic ROUGH CUTT gems "A Little Kindness (very Heartwarming to the Soul/My Favorite!) and Used & Abused" (very Bluesy Rock) won't be included on these Rough Cutt Master Classic Cd set: my Heart is totally broken for they should of been included, hopefully there be an rarity vintage Rough Cutt "special" CD package release one day that would include these early masterpieces as well that showcased the great hardworks talents of Musician*s Jakey Lou Williams (Jake E. Lee)-Guitars and Claude Schnell-Keyboards whom were also & worked w/Paul Shortino-Vocalist (I love his Voice/Beautiful Vocal range!) in the early Root formation of ROUGH CUTT. I'm still going to get the Rough Cutt Double CD set for I think their a great band & I like them. It would be great to see & hear Jake E. Lee & Paul Shortino do an "special" Cd Hard Rockin/Soul Bluesy album/Cd Project together, again. Peace!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:57 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
There are a few exceptions of course, like Mark Tremonti from Creed/Altar Bridge.

Altar Bridge's debut, now that's a great modern rock disc, IMO of course.

I have it, and I agree. It's really good. Now that they got rid of Stapp, they should go a lot further.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:54 am

Gutterflower wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
There are a few exceptions of course, like Mark Tremonti from Creed/Altar Bridge.

Altar Bridge's debut, now that's a great modern rock disc, IMO of course.

I have it, and I agree. It's really good. Now that they got rid of Stapp, they should go a lot further.

I listened to it again the other day, and I stand on what I believe. Alter Bridge is a Grade A, first class, modern rock band! IMO, there's not a better modern rock band around!

Stapp's solo CD sucks for the most part too. I have it as well, and it just doesn't even come close to One Day Remains.

Previous

Return to Free for all...