American Idol Thread (Rants and Raves from the Jake Forum)

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

American Idol Thread (Rants and Raves from the Jake Forum)

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu May 04, 2006 1:04 pm

Okay guys, let's admit it. 99% of us are probably keeping up with things at this point in the show. If you don't admit it, well...I hope you get enough air in the closet! :D

With that said, we said goodbye to Paris last night, which was fairly predictable, IMO. This week the final four are traveling to my homestate of Tennessee to visit the king of rock n roll's estate, Graceland. To my knowledge the theme of next week's show hasn't been released, but if you know it, then share it.

The purpose of this thread is to make a proper home to post our rants and raves of the the American Idol craze from a hard rock/metal fan's perspective. Go ahead and feel free to post your predictions as well. Heck, while we're at it, we'll just make fun of the judges some too! Personally, I think the judges are three dumbasses, especially when it comes to rock n roll! Their only saving grace is due to the fact that Randy Jackson played bass for bands such as Journey, Eddie Money, and others that have slipped my mind.

Anyway, the doors are open, so post away! I'm sure with all of our healthy, strong opinions in check, we'll come up with something worth debating or talking about! :lol:

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: American Idol Thread (Rants and Raves from the Jake Foru

Postby mrmetal » Thu May 04, 2006 1:40 pm

I think Katherine is a hottie.....the others are not that good looking.

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: American Idol Thread (Rants and Raves from the Jake Foru

Postby Gutterflower » Thu May 04, 2006 2:26 pm

Chris might be hotter with hair (I prefer men with hair) lol

I just PRAY that Taylor doesn't win. He just ruined my favorite Beatles song of all time the other night. I can't stand the guy-for some reason, he just plucks my last nerve.

I'd like to see Chris win, but Katherine is more the AI type. It's gonna come down to those two.

Thanks for starting the thread, Poets! :)
Image

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: American Idol Thread (Rants and Raves from the Jake Foru

Postby mrmetal » Thu May 04, 2006 2:56 pm

Oh, we were supposed to talk about the singing? ummmm.......Did I mention Katherine is hot?

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1893
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: BFE

Re: American Idol Thread (Rants and Raves from the Jake Foru

Postby Doobie » Thu May 04, 2006 4:07 pm

tsk tsk, mrmetal - you have to remember that AI is all about talent and not cuteness. Damn, I made it 'til May without telling a lie this year.

My worst nightmare would be getting stuck in an elevator with Taylor and Clay Aiken. O M G !!!

And yet another random thought . . . I think phone calls should be restricted to one per #.

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: American Idol Thread (Rants and Raves from the Jake Foru

Postby Gutterflower » Thu May 04, 2006 4:15 pm

Doobie wrote:My worst nightmare would be getting stuck in an elevator with Taylor and Clay Aiken. O M G !!!


Hell yes...I'd run screaming into the night! I never liked Ruben, Clay, Fantasia, Diana DeGarmo or what's his face either. The best Idol is still Kelly Clarkson, IMO.

I don't know what it is about Taylor that I can't stand, but he gives me the creeps. The Soul Patrol is bullshit. He's soul-LESS. :lol:
Image

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: American Idol Thread (Rants and Raves from the Jake Foru

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri May 05, 2006 5:45 am

Thanks Gutterflower! BTW, the Goo Goo Dolls just played here in my town last week, Johnson City, TN. They played here at East Tennessee State University, but I didn't get to go. I did see them open up for Bush back in 96, and I thought they kicked ass! Anyway, I didn't mean to get off of the subject here.

As for AI, I hate to say it, but Katherine bothers the livin' daylights out of me! For some reason I can't take that girl serious when she sings. She smiles too darned much on stage for one thing. Loose a little of the oh look at me, I'm cute attitude, and start taking command of the stage more, geeze!

For example, lets take Shakira in consideration. Besides the fact the girl (Shakira) is an absolute hottie, she's not grinning from ear to ear everytime you look at her. She's a sexy performer and so is J-Lo, among other things! :-) My point being, Katherine is too cute, and it makes her come across as just plain silly. She's talented, I give her that, but come on! Pickler was the same way. Both of those girls need to loose some of the cutsie crap!

My predictions of what will happen next is: Elliot will leave next, then Katherine, and the finale will come down between Taylor and Chris. Unfortunatly, I think Taylor will win this year my friends! It'll be darned close, but I do think Taylor will come out on top.

Does Poets like Taylor? I actually like the guy to an extent, but I think he comes across fake at times. Chris doesn't come across fake, IMO. For the most part, he's stuck to his guns, with the exception of that stupid Bryan Adams song! I thought last week's performance was killer from him. Renegade from Styx is one of my all time favs, and I really like that Shinedown song too. I'm pulling for Chris for sure, but I think America will vote for Mr. Gray Hair.

What say you (doin my best Bill O'Reilly)? :D

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: American Idol Thread (Rants and Raves from the Jake Foru

Postby Gutterflower » Fri May 05, 2006 6:14 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:Thanks Gutterflower! BTW, the Goo Goo Dolls just played here in my town last week, Johnson City, TN. They played here at East Tennessee State University, but I didn't get to go. I did see them open up for Bush back in 96, and I thought they kicked ass! Anyway, I didn't mean to get off of the subject here.

As for AI, I hate to say it, but Katherine bothers the livin' daylights out of me! For some reason I can't take that girl serious when she sings. She smiles too darned much on stage for one thing. Loose a little of the oh look at me, I'm cute attitude, and start taking command of the stage more, geeze!

For example, lets take Shakira in consideration. Besides the fact the girl (Shakira) is an absolute hottie, she's not grinning from ear to ear everytime you look at her. She's a sexy performer and so is J-Lo, among other things! :-) My point being, Katherine is too cute, and it makes her come across as just plain silly. She's talented, I give her that, but come on! Pickler was the same way. Both of those girls need to loose some of the cutsie crap!

My predictions of what will happen next is: Elliot will leave next, then Katherine, and the finale will come down between Taylor and Chris. Unfortunatly, I think Taylor will win this year my friends! It'll be darned close, but I do think Taylor will come out on top.

Does Poets like Taylor? I actually like the guy to an extent, but I think he comes across fake at times. Chris doesn't come across fake, IMO. For the most part, he's stuck to his guns, with the exception of that stupid Bryan Adams song! I thought last week's performance was killer from him. Renegade from Styx is one of my all time favs, and I really like that Shinedown song too. I'm pulling for Chris for sure, but I think America will vote for Mr. Gray Hair.

What say you (doin my best Bill O'Reilly)? :D


I say...YOU'RE RIGHT! THAT'S what it is about Taylor...he's too fake! Chris is real...and yep, Kelly and Katherine are too damn smiley and cutesy acting, which makes them annoying.

The Goo Goo Dolls are promoting their new cd...and they DO kick ass live! Plus they're down to earth nice guys who are great to their fans-after their shows you can hang out by their tour bus and they always come out to sign autographs and take pix with everyone. Gotta love a band that will do that.

A friend went to the Tennessee show-said it ROCKED! :D
Image

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: American Idol Thread (Rants and Raves from the Jake Foru

Postby mrmetal » Fri May 05, 2006 7:13 am

Gutterflower wrote: The best Idol is still Kelly Clarkson, IMO.


I absolutely agree. Her new album is really good. That girl can sing her ass off.

Killer of Giants
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Boston Mass

Re: American Idol Thread (Rants and Raves from the Jake Foru

Postby stratattack » Fri May 05, 2006 8:37 am

The one I cant get is Bo Bice he already has a deal with RCA and we all know RCA is the record label you get sighned to if you win American Idiot!
so it really makes no sence to do the show besides his CD is already gold. so why di it???
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: American Idol Thread (Rants and Raves from the Jake Foru

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri May 05, 2006 11:09 am

mrmetal wrote:
Gutterflower wrote: The best Idol is still Kelly Clarkson, IMO.


I absolutely agree. Her new album is really good. That girl can sing her ass off.


Kelly Clarkson is great! She looks great and sounds great! My wife and I went to one of her shows in Knoxville last year and it was really good.

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: American Idol Thread (Rants and Raves from the Jake Foru

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri May 05, 2006 11:11 am

Gutterflower wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:Thanks Gutterflower! BTW, the Goo Goo Dolls just played here in my town last week, Johnson City, TN. They played here at East Tennessee State University, but I didn't get to go. I did see them open up for Bush back in 96, and I thought they kicked ass! Anyway, I didn't mean to get off of the subject here.

As for AI, I hate to say it, but Katherine bothers the livin' daylights out of me! For some reason I can't take that girl serious when she sings. She smiles too darned much on stage for one thing. Loose a little of the oh look at me, I'm cute attitude, and start taking command of the stage more, geeze!

For example, lets take Shakira in consideration. Besides the fact the girl (Shakira) is an absolute hottie, she's not grinning from ear to ear everytime you look at her. She's a sexy performer and so is J-Lo, among other things! :-) My point being, Katherine is too cute, and it makes her come across as just plain silly. She's talented, I give her that, but come on! Pickler was the same way. Both of those girls need to loose some of the cutsie crap!

My predictions of what will happen next is: Elliot will leave next, then Katherine, and the finale will come down between Taylor and Chris. Unfortunatly, I think Taylor will win this year my friends! It'll be darned close, but I do think Taylor will come out on top.

Does Poets like Taylor? I actually like the guy to an extent, but I think he comes across fake at times. Chris doesn't come across fake, IMO. For the most part, he's stuck to his guns, with the exception of that stupid Bryan Adams song! I thought last week's performance was killer from him. Renegade from Styx is one of my all time favs, and I really like that Shinedown song too. I'm pulling for Chris for sure, but I think America will vote for Mr. Gray Hair.

What say you (doin my best Bill O'Reilly)? :D


I say...YOU'RE RIGHT! THAT'S what it is about Taylor...he's too fake! Chris is real...and yep, Kelly and Katherine are too damn smiley and cutesy acting, which makes them annoying.

The Goo Goo Dolls are promoting their new cd...and they DO kick ass live! Plus they're down to earth nice guys who are great to their fans-after their shows you can hang out by their tour bus and they always come out to sign autographs and take pix with everyone. Gotta love a band that will do that.

A friend went to the Tennessee show-said it ROCKED! :D


I've never been to a concert in the Mini Dome at ETSU, so I wondered how it was. That's impressive if the friend drove all the way down from Maryland! 8O

Killer of Giants
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: American Idol Thread (Rants and Raves from the Jake Foru

Postby Moose6 » Fri May 05, 2006 1:53 pm

Well let me go ahead and be the one (I guess the only one) to say that Carrie Underwood is my favorite Idol so far. My wife got her album and that girl has some lungs!!! She has the prettiest vibrato too. Yeah she may sing country, but she can sing.

I think Katherine will probably win this one... more the AI type. Her mother is a performer who has obviously been giving Katherine some pointers. I like Chris, good rock singer, but liked Bo Bice better. I actully like Taylor. He seems like the kind of person who knows that he's been there too long, and is enjoying the ride. Can't blame him really. He isn't the best singer (Katherine would win that contest), but I think Taylor is the best performer. I like the guy.

But Katherine will win it all.

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: American Idol Thread (Rants and Raves from the Jake Foru

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Sun May 07, 2006 9:27 am

Moose6 wrote:Well let me go ahead and be the one (I guess the only one) to say that Carrie Underwood is my favorite Idol so far. My wife got her album and that girl has some lungs!!! She has the prettiest vibrato too. Yeah she may sing country, but she can sing.

I think Katherine will probably win this one... more the AI type. Her mother is a performer who has obviously been giving Katherine some pointers. I like Chris, good rock singer, but liked Bo Bice better. I actully like Taylor. He seems like the kind of person who knows that he's been there too long, and is enjoying the ride. Can't blame him really. He isn't the best singer (Katherine would win that contest), but I think Taylor is the best performer. I like the guy.

But Katherine will win it all.


I disagree, but you're right about Katherine being more of the AI type. People have this obsession with Taylor though. Katherine has had a scare or two by being in the bottom three as where Taylor hasn't. I'm simply going by that with my prediction.

Overall, Katherine is technically better for sure, but Taylor is the better all around performer.

I totally agree with you regarding Ms. Carrie. She was born to do what she's doing! She's an excellent performer and I hope to watch her live one day. I prefer Kelly Clarkson over Carrie, but both ladies deserve their success.

I'm curious to see if you're right on your prediction, because you very well might be. My money's on Taylor though.

IMO, Chris is by far the stronger vocalist when its between him and Bo. I don't care what the three moron judges said about his cover of Shinedown's, I Dare You, he nailed that song to the wall! It was a totally kick ass rock performance, again IMO. :-) The rawer and grittier the better baby! \nn/

Killer of Giants
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: American Idol Thread (Rants and Raves from the Jake Foru

Postby Moose6 » Sun May 07, 2006 1:25 pm

I thought "Renegade" by Chris was his best performance in a long time.

Next

Return to Free for all...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests