here's a topic we all know something about!

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: here's a topic we all know something about!

Postby Doobie » Wed May 17, 2006 11:21 am

Did somebody say dessert??? Cheeeeeeesecake!

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed May 17, 2006 4:04 pm

MetalHead wrote:i dig jap.food, burritos ... almost everything to a certain degree,
and cooked by me of course :D

I do minced moose-meat as well ...
sallads ... you name it :)

I talked to my mom before last x-mas about my new-found
love for cooking, and I got a quite large cookingbook for present :twisted:

Oh yes, next to Italian, my favorite is Japanese food!!!......All Japanese food! From the beef, to the tempura, to the sushi, to the BEER, to the SAKE!!

Deansolo loves him some Japanese food!!! :P

I've never tried Minced Moose though! I'd love to try it! Wow, I'm getting hungry for a huge Moose steak!! Medium rare please! :D
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed May 17, 2006 8:31 pm

I tried the Sake a few years ago, but I didn't
think it was that good :?
More like a throatmoisture with a weird after-taste,
but maybe my tastes has changed since then ? :cool:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed May 17, 2006 9:19 pm

ok, taking a switch on the topic .... what about when you want a snack? what bag of chips or cookies do you reach for and devour? My need-to-quit-eating-this-NOW-but-can't snack food is the yellow wrapper sharp cheddar cracker barrel cheese with townhouse crackers. I guess it's not really a snack by the time I get done with it - more like a meal. But if it's the sweet tooth calling it's the bottom, saturated corners of crust of a homemade peach cobbler. Damn, NOBODY could make cobbler crust like my grandma (RIP :( )

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu May 18, 2006 2:04 am

Doobie wrote:ok, taking a switch on the topic .... what about when you want a snack? what bag of chips or cookies do you reach for and devour? My need-to-quit-eating-this-NOW-but-can't snack food is the yellow wrapper sharp cheddar cracker barrel cheese with townhouse crackers. I guess it's not really a snack by the time I get done with it - more like a meal. But if it's the sweet tooth calling it's the bottom, saturated corners of crust of a homemade peach cobbler. Damn, NOBODY could make cobbler crust like my grandma (RIP ( )
Double Jack Daniels, with a Budweiser back.......... and cornnuts, beernuts or peanuts.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu May 18, 2006 2:22 am

Snack food...I like Cheez its.

Dessert=I don't eat it that often, but when I do I like something with a sweet crust (cobbler, fruit pie or pecan pie). Ice cream is good, too-butter pecan, pistachio or chocolate with peanut butter. I like ice cream with stuff in it :D

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu May 18, 2006 8:28 am

Dean, you jumped the gun. We hadn't progressed to bar "food" yet. But go ahead and talk about pickled eggs and such if ya want. lol. (Actually, I've never had a pickled egg).

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu May 18, 2006 8:49 am

Doobie wrote:Dean, you jumped the gun. We hadn't progressed to bar "food" yet. But go ahead and talk about pickled eggs and such if ya want. lol. (Actually, I've never had a pickled egg).

Pickled Eggs and Beer! OMG! Yummmmm!!! :P
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu May 18, 2006 9:39 am

Deansolo wrote:
Doobie wrote:Dean, you jumped the gun. We hadn't progressed to bar "food" yet. But go ahead and talk about pickled eggs and such if ya want. lol. (Actually, I've never had a pickled egg).

They do peak my interest but, they can't be as good as MY deviled eggs!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu May 18, 2006 11:23 am

I don't know if anyone has mentioned one of my all-time favorites yet, or not, but what about boiled peanuts? Anytime! Mmm, did someone say boiled peanuts?!! I was raised on seafood and good ol' Southern cooking, so my cuisine of choice is, undoubtedly, Southeastern with a tendency toward the seaboard. I've been married for almost a year, now, and my wife is part Spanish, a little Mexican, a little French Canadian, and a good bit of American Indian ( three tribes) , so we eat all kinds of stuff, with a pretty good Mexican and Spanish slant. I'm a fool for pizza, grilled hotdogs, and just about ~anything~ pasta. Ofcourse, steak is a common delicacy!!!
Last edited by frethead on Thu May 18, 2006 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu May 18, 2006 2:38 pm

frethead wrote:I don't know if anyone has mentioned one of my all-time favorites yet, or not, but what about boiled peanuts? Anytime! Mmm, did someone say boiled peanuts?!! I was raised on seafood and good ol' Southern cooking, so my cuisine of choice heavily favors the Southeastern flavors with a tendency toward the seaboard. I've been married for almost a year, now, and my wife is part Spanish, a little Mexican, a little French Canadian, and a good bit of American Indian ( three tribes) , so we eat all kinds of stuff, with a pretty good Mexican and Spanish slant. I'm a fool for pizza, grilled hotdogs, and just about ~anything~ pasta. Ofcourse, steak is a common delicacy!!!
Sorry for my ignorance (I was born and raised in SoCal)......but what the hell is a boiled peanut? Do you mean you actually BOIL the peanut? In or out of the shell? Is boiled peanuts a common repast in the Southeast? again sorry for my ignorance, it's just that I've never heard of boiling a peanut...just roasting 'em.

And yeah, traditional Spanish food (not Mexican) is awesome! I'm 3/4 Spaniard (1/4 Italian) and was raised on Mediteranian food. Must be why I love pasta so much. :)

BTW, Congratulations on your marraige Tommy,..all the best man! :)
Last edited by Deansolo on Thu May 18, 2006 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu May 18, 2006 2:46 pm

Doobie wrote:
Deansolo wrote:

I loooovvvee deviled eggs! At any catered event, you'll find me hanging around the deviled eggs...with a beer of course. Can't have deviled eggs without a beer.

BTW Doobie, what makes your deviled eggs better than all the rest? I've never met a deviled egg I didn't like. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu May 18, 2006 7:13 pm

O yeah, man!!! Ahhh hah-haaaah ha!!! That was way funny, Dean! I've got to tell you . . . toss a bag or two into a pot of some good boiling water with uhhh some salt, perhaps, and let 'em go! Mmmmm! After they start to look like they've had enough, okay, you'll want to drain off the elixir of life and when it comes time for eatin', you don't uhhh have to worry too much about 'em, now, 'cause they might just want ta pop right on into your li'l ol' mouth-shell an' all!!! Watchout, now, could be a whole uhhh handful at a time! Whoooeee, now, that's just plain good eatin', boy!!! Come on an' go get you some! You all uhhh come back now, you hear?! Aaaaaagh HAAA Haaaah HAA heh heh heh Haaargh geheullrufp ah YEAAAAAH!!! Hotdogs? Shit, not without some mustard.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu May 18, 2006 9:43 pm

Now wait a minute here! I wasn't trying to be funny....I want to know if people actually eat boiled f**kin' peanuts!

Hey Rock!.... Have you ever heard of someone eating boiled f**king peanuts?

Sounds like a bullsh*t story to me! :D
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri May 19, 2006 5:51 am

Deansolo wrote:
Doobie wrote:
Deansolo wrote:

I loooovvvee deviled eggs! At any catered event, you'll find me hanging around the deviled eggs...with a beer of course. Can't have deviled eggs without a beer.

BTW Doobie, what makes your deviled eggs better than all the rest? I've never met a deviled egg I didn't like. :)

Ohhhh Dean! There's a big difference in the way some people make their eggs. Some make them with vinegar. Some with mustard. As for mine, all I can tell you is that it took me many attempts to come up with the "perfect" egg. You have to have the correct mustard (French's, of course) to Miracle Whip ratio. I add the mustard first. If you don't add it first you end up with sloppy eggs because, you've already added the Miracle Whip and then have to add the mustard which gives it a thinner consistency. I like to taste the mustard in deviled eggs, not the Miracle Whip so much. Mine are real mustardy! The way I know mine are "too kill" is because I never have to sign up for what I'm bringing to pitch-in's - my name is already on the list with deviled eggs beside it. And, I'm always signed up for my pig-pickin' cake, too!!

Now, somebody address the boiled peanut question, please!

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...