here's a topic we all know something about!

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: here's a topic we all know something about!

Postby mrmetal » Fri May 19, 2006 7:12 am

Bet all those eggs and beer combined create some really killer farts.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Fri May 19, 2006 9:00 am

mrmetal wrote:Bet all those eggs and beer combined create some really killer farts.
Beano....with Beano there'll be no gas! ;)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri May 19, 2006 12:37 pm

I don't know man....that can't be healthy. Eating eggs and drinking beer is a sure fire method of manufacturing some serious internal methane gas. I am not sure it is a good idea to circumvent the only pressure relief valve. :D

All Access Member

Postby jimiforrest » Fri May 19, 2006 4:28 pm

My downfall is a good 'ol down home country breakfast. I don't get to eat breakfast every day but on Sunday...we have a great big family breakfast...eggs, fried potatoes, meat of choice that day, biscuits, gravy, fresh fruit, etc. It's the only thing I can gorge myself on...of course, I don't anything else the rest of the day, LOL.

Jimi

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Fri May 19, 2006 4:33 pm

mrmetal wrote:I don't know man....that can't be healthy. Eating eggs and drinking beer is a sure fire method of manufacturing some serious internal methane gas. I am not sure it is a good idea to circumvent the only pressure relief valve. :D

:lol: @ mrmetal

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Fri May 19, 2006 5:39 pm

mrmetal wrote:I don't know man....that can't be healthy. Eating eggs and drinking beer is a sure fire method of manufacturing some serious internal methane gas. I am not sure it is a good idea to circumvent the only pressure relief valve. :D

Dude, EATING ain't healthy.......In Mexican food it's the lard, in Italian food its the Carbs, Chinese food its the sodium, BBQ its the fat, Jimi's "down home country breakfast"... way too much cholesterol!!! Cobbler, cake, ice cream...too much sugar! Cheese and crackers...cholesterol again!

Jeez!..I don't see what's wrong with a couple pickled eggs and a beer at the bar! It's not like I eat a whole f**king jar of eggs at one sitting!

About the only food listed in this thread that is remotely healthy is the f**kin' "Boiled Peanuts"!! :D
www.cats-eyeesp.com

All Access Member

Postby jimiforrest » Fri May 19, 2006 5:52 pm

Thanks for this thread guys! I've had a very stressful few weeks and this humor is the best medicine anyone could ask for. Yea...you could eat veggies all day and I'm SURE you get all those chemicals off of them when you prepare them, LOL. Dean..you hit the nail on the head about EATING not being healthy. But...on the other hand, that "good 'ol country breakfast" is a great time to spend together as a family and talk and that is as much the reason I love it as anything else. Not to mention...my wife is a mean cook...hehe.

Jimi

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Sat May 20, 2006 5:26 am

Deansolo wrote:Now wait a minute here! I wasn't trying to be funny....I want to know if people actually eat boiled f**kin' peanuts!

Hey Rock!.... Have you ever heard of someone eating boiled f**king peanuts?

Sounds like a bullsh*t story to me! :D

Ok, my curiosity got the best of me. I Googled boiled peanuts. There is such a thing, Dean :!: I found directions for boiling them; how much water and salt to add, how long to let them cook, etc. However, what I didn't find is what the taste advantage is by doing so. How do they differ from a regular peanut? Anyone, anyone?

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sat May 20, 2006 10:52 am

(ahem) That, my friend, depends on your definition of a "regular peanut." And, I don't bullshit.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Sat May 20, 2006 2:10 pm

Deansolo wrote: Jeez!..I don't see what's wrong with a couple pickled eggs and a beer at the bar! It's not like I eat a whole f**king jar of eggs at one sitting!

:lol: That was funny!

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sat May 20, 2006 2:16 pm

frethead wrote:(ahem) That, my friend, depends on your definition of a "regular peanut." And, I don't bullshit.
Okay, okay! Sorry 'bout the bulls**t crack! I'll get a recipe for "boiled goobers" and try 'em. Who knows maybe they'll turn out to be the new favorite snack at the 'Solo' house!

I'll try'em and.......post a review! LOL! :D
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Mstp34 » Sat May 20, 2006 10:34 pm

frethead wrote:I don't know if anyone has mentioned one of my all-time favorites yet, or not, but what about boiled peanuts? Anytime! Mmm, did someone say boiled peanuts?!! I was raised on seafood and good ol' Southern cooking, so my cuisine of choice is, undoubtedly, Southeastern with a tendency toward the seaboard. I've been married for almost a year, now, and my wife is part Spanish, a little Mexican, a little French Canadian, and a good bit of American Indian ( three tribes) , so we eat all kinds of stuff, with a pretty good Mexican and Spanish slant. I'm a fool for pizza, grilled hotdogs, and just about ~anything~ pasta. Ofcourse, steak is a common delicacy!!!

Boiled Peanuts are good, My girls love for me to make a snack tray on the weekends with Boiled Peanuts, Chunk cheese, Black olives, Green olives,
Celery with ranch dressing.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Sun May 21, 2006 8:00 am

WHAT DO THEY TASTE LIKE? HOW DO THEY DIFFER FROM ANY OTHER TASTE-WISE?

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Mstp34 » Sun May 21, 2006 10:33 am

I don't really know how to explain the taste, but you can buy boiled peanuts in the can at the store, eat them cold or warm, there good both ways, Try them

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sun May 21, 2006 11:12 am

Doobie wrote:WHAT DO THEY TASTE LIKE? HOW DO THEY DIFFER FROM ANY OTHER TASTE-WISE?

I have not tried them yet....but I plan to. I'm gonna go to this natural food store near my house an buy some raw peanuts and cook 'em as per a recipe I found on the net.

The website said they taste similar to boiled soybeans.......I've had boiled soybeans as an appetizer at a Japanese restaurant. They were pretty good, so I'm thinking a boiled goober will be just as tasty. The soybeans had a texture close to a Lima bean or a Black Eyed pea that has not been over cooked or overly soft....I read that you cook the peanuts to have a similar texture, so I'm looking forward to trying 'em. :)

Oh Yeah, Check this out.......www.cooks.com had a recipe for "Beach Party Pickled Eggs and Boiled Peanuts"! So I guess they go great together! I wonder how they taste with a beer! LOL!!! :lol:
www.cats-eyeesp.com

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...