Goo Goo Dolls or............

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Goo Goo Dolls or............

Postby Deansolo » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:09 am

FOO FIGHTERS! :lol:

Who's better?

Discuss.

I'll go first. Goo Goo Dolls. Just 'cuz the songs are better...They're sensitive and introspective. :P
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Re: Goo Goo Dolls or............

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:01 am

GOO GOO DOLLS

They've been around since 1986. And their songs are better. They rock live and they're very accessible to their fans. I've met them several times. :D

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:36 am

Yeah that guitar player singer guy,..what's his name? Jon Rzeznick or something...he can write a pretty good song..talented guy. Although when they first came out I thought he was a little "light in his loafers" if you know what I mean. I think it was the name Goo Goo Dolls that really didn't do it for me. But yeah, good band....not metal tho'. I know there's a bunch of people on this board that don't really like a lot of music that ain't metal. I'm not like that. my first musical memories are listening to the beatles and the british invasion stuff 'coz I had older siblings who listened to that stuff and who were also musicians. my whole family is musical so I was exposed to lots different types of stuff. I also sang a lot of top 40 shit when I was younger so I'm not adverse to listening to, or playing the more popish stuff as long as it's good.

Anyway, it's 2:30 in the morning... I have insomnia so I logged in to post something. :) I gotta try to get some sleep....

Later :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:15 am

Deansolo wrote:Yeah that guitar player singer guy,..what's his name? Jon Rzeznick or something...he can write a pretty good song..talented guy. Although when they first came out I thought he was a little "light in his loafers" if you know what I mean. I think it was the name Goo Goo Dolls that really didn't do it for me. But yeah, good band....not metal tho'. I know there's a bunch of people on this board that don't really like a lot of music that ain't metal. I'm not like that. my first musical memories are listening to the beatles and the british invasion stuff 'coz I had older siblings who listened to that stuff and who were also musicians. my whole family is musical so I was exposed to lots different types of stuff. I also sang a lot of top 40 shit when I was younger so I'm not adverse to listening to, or playing the more popish stuff as long as it's good.

Anyway, it's 2:30 in the morning... I have insomnia so I logged in to post something. :) I gotta try to get some sleep....

Later :)

Yep, John Rzeznik is a good songwriter. I like his stuff-the Goos' main hits have all been written by him. The band's original name was the Sex Maggots. A club owner wouldn't let them play unless they changed their name-they saw an ad for a goo goo doll in the back of a magazine, and that's how they came up with that.

I'm like you-my musical tastes are very diversified, and I never limit myself to any one genre. I grew up on Motown, Beatles, 60s hippie music, 70s AM gold, all kinds of good pop...I went from there to hard rock and heavy metal. I like it all, and I listen to almost anything, depending on my mood. Just because something isn't hardcore heavy metal doesn't mean it sucks, and I never blast people for liking what they like. Not even country music, which I can't stand. :roll: All music has its place.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:27 am

I am Not a Goo Goo Dolls Fan at least not to the Level of Linda (Gutterflower) but if given the choice of Foo Fighters or The Goo Goo Dolls I would have to go with The Goo Goo Dolls !!!!!

The only Foo Fighters song I like was when they did a great cover of Baker Street!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:31 am

I take Foo Fighters over Goo Goo Dolls. I haven't checked out either in years though.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:36 am

I don't really consider myself a fan of either band, but I can listen to both. I think both bands are very talented, but are very different from one another. With that said, you can't really compare the two.

I saw the Goo boyz open up for Bush back in 95, and they kicked ass! The Goos were much more energetic than Bush was.

It reminds me of the time I saw Sevendust open for Creed back in 2000. They played Thompson Bowling Arena in Knoxville and the place was packed. It's one of the largest basketball arenas in the country, seating around 24,000 people! When Sevendust came out there they absolutly tore the place up! They put on one of the best shows I ever saw! They even covered Pantera's Walk if that tells you anything! I had good seats, but I wasn't on the floor, so me and my buddies had a great view of what was going on. I saw the paramedics take several people out on stretchers due to being injured on the floor from moshing, slam dancin', etc. It was insane!

I said all that to say, Creed was seriously upstaged that night and probably for the entire tour! :-) I was a huge Creed fan at the time too, but I lost respect for them after seeing them get their asses kicked by Lajon and the boys from Hotlanta Georgia! \nn/

Postby Fretman » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:23 am

That's a tough decision...kind of like deciding whether you'd like your left or right nut crushed in a vice.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:19 am

Fretman wrote:That's a tough decision...kind of like deciding whether you'd like your left or right nut crushed in a vice.

Personally, I would choose my left one. The right one is slightly larger and hangs a bit lower.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:06 am

Man what a weak ass thread. Both those bands suck. Gay Gay Dolls are a friggin chick flick soundtrack whore band and the Fag Fighters only got famous because their drummer was friends with ol Suicide Solution himself Curt Blownbrain.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:33 am

harddriver wrote:Man what a weak ass thread. Both those bands suck. Gay Gay Dolls are a friggin chick flick soundtrack whore band and the Fag Fighters only got famous because their drummer was friends with ol Suicide Solution himself Curt Blownbrain.

Wow, you're really hostile. Don't hate...APPRECIATE!

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:36 am

Im sorry if i offended you Gutterflower :wink: and thanks for the CDs you sent me.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:43 am

harddriver wrote:Im sorry if i offended you Gutterflower :wink: and thanks for the CDs you sent me.

That's okay...all is forgiven. 8)

Postby Fretman » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:49 am

I believe Zakk Wylde is a big fan of the Foo Fighters. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:32 am

The Goo Goo's - only because John is a pretty thang. Other than that reason, I have to agree with Harddriver - both are pretty lame IMO.

Next

Return to Free for all...