Goo Goo Dolls or............

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: Goo Goo Dolls or............

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:46 am

Gutterflower, I'll get your back on this one. I actually think both of these bands do what do well! Their music isn't what I'd go for when I want to listen to something, but that's not to say I don't think their talented.

Honestly, do you all not think David Groul isn't talented? The dude recorded and played everything on the Foo's first disc! With that said, the Foos 2nd effort, The Color and the Shape, is a classic, modern, hard rock album! Geeze!

As for the Goos, I wish the bassist wouldn't sing! He has no business singing anything other than backup vox, otherwise let the other guy sing all of the leads...pleeeaaase! I honestly think the lead singer has a good voice and the band writes solid, straight forward, pop rock songs.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:52 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:Gutterflower, I'll get your back on this one. I actually think both of these bands do what do well! Their music isn't what I'd go for when I want to listen to something, but that's not to say I don't think their talented.

Honestly, do you all not think David Groul isn't talented? The dude recorded and played everything on the Foo's first disc! With that said, the Foos 2nd effort, The Color and the Shape, is a classic, modern, hard rock album! Geeze!

As for the Goos, I wish the bassist wouldn't sing! He has no business singing anything other than backup vox, otherwise let the other guy sing all of the leads...pleeeaaase! I honestly think the lead singer has a good voice and the band writes solid, straight forward, pop rock songs.

*smooch* Thanks, Poets :wink:

Their fans also wish Robby, the bassist, wouldn't sing. He's a helluva nice guy, but his voice is too rough and out of tune.

As for Dave Grohl, he's very talented, whether you like his band(s) or not. He plays drums AND guitar, plus sings.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:05 pm

Gutterflower wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:Gutterflower, I'll get your back on this one. I actually think both of these bands do what do well! Their music isn't what I'd go for when I want to listen to something, but that's not to say I don't think their talented.

*smooch* Thanks, Poets :wink:

Their fans also wish Robby, the bassist, wouldn't sing. He's a helluva nice guy, but his voice is too rough and out of tune.

As for Dave Grohl, he's very talented, whether you like his band(s) or not. He plays drums AND guitar, plus sings.

You're welcome. I've wondered what hardcore Goo fans thought about the bassist singing. I believe they did a song from A Boy Name Goo called either Slave or Slave Girl that he did a pretty good job on though. If I remember correctly the song rocks pretty good too. It's been awhile since I've listened to them though.

Previous

Return to Free for all...