world cup!

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Re: world cup!

Postby CommanderColby » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:06 am

LOL at the Italy vs. Australia match comments.

Bitter much? :lol:

Italy played better for the majority of the match, was then playing 40 MINUTES IN THE 2ND HALF a man down. The Aussies STILL couldn't capitalize. They were playing the team that possessed the best defense in the tournament, as well as one of the best goalies in Buffon. Do any of you seriously think Australia's anemic offense could have bested an Italian team that has yet to allow an opponent to score against them?

The red card that put Italy at 10-men was too harsh to begin with, and only after that did Australia dominate possession. Then it's poetic justice that after Fabio Grosso tripped over an Australian player lying before him in a pathetic display of defense, the Italians were awarded the penalty kick.

From a TSG analysis on FIFAworldcup.com:
" Overall the Azzurri were deserved winners. Although at a numerical disadvantage they followed their tactical game to perfection and created the crucial breakthrough with the penalty award. In this nerve-wracking situation Francesco Totti kept his head and scored the winning goal."
The user formerly known as Commander Colby.

Postby skezza » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:40 pm

Aussie were robbed

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:58 pm

CommanderColby wrote:LOL at the Italy vs. Australia match comments.

Bitter much? :lol:

Italy played better for the majority of the match, was then playing 40 MINUTES IN THE 2ND HALF a man down. The Aussies STILL couldn't capitalize. They were playing the team that possessed the best defense in the tournament, as well as one of the best goalies in Buffon. Do any of you seriously think Australia's anemic offense could have bested an Italian team that has yet to allow an opponent to score against them?

The red card that put Italy at 10-men was too harsh to begin with, and only after that did Australia dominate possession. Then it's poetic justice that after Fabio Grosso tripped over an Australian player lying before him in a pathetic display of defense, the Italians were awarded the penalty kick.

From a TSG analysis on FIFAworldcup.com:
" Overall the Azzurri were deserved winners. Although at a numerical disadvantage they followed their tactical game to perfection and created the crucial breakthrough with the penalty award. In this nerve-wracking situation Francesco Totti kept his head and scored the winning goal."

What a load of crap!!!!! poetic justice they were awarded a penalty kick, that never should have been paid, that was a joke. I agree Materrazi shouldnt have been red carded off the ground, but calling us pathetic, and anemic offense, I think we played damn well against them, considering we were ranked 47 in the world at the start of the tournament and Italy are 13. I think we done pretty well, and if we bet italy, we would have steamrolled the Ukraine, like Italy did last night 3-0. :)

Postby CommanderColby » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:58 pm

Rock wrote:What a load of crap!!!!! poetic justice they were awarded a penalty kick, that never should have been paid, that was a joke. I agree Materrazi shouldnt have been red carded off the ground, but calling us pathetic, and anemic offense, I think we played damn well against them, considering we were ranked 47 in the world at the start of the tournament and Italy are 13. I think we done pretty well, and if we bet italy, we would have steamrolled the Ukraine, like Italy did last night 3-0. :)

Whoa, ranks don't mean a thing. USA was ranked 5th, weren't they? I rest my case.

Australia played fine. The Italians obviously didn't underestimate them, but the Aussies didn't dominate until the Italian red card. Fact of the matter is, the Australian offense wasn't good enough to beat them even when they were down a guy for half the match. Get over it. :roll:

Germany might beat them. At least their offense knows what they are doing.

Good teams find ways to win.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:09 am

Germany for the win :) ... that's my german blood boiling :twisted:

I've always thought that the italian team was a bunch of divas :(
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:50 am

As I 've said before, you can't hit a good pitch! Uhh Sorry, I thought you guys were getting all bent-out-of-shape over a real game, baseball. LOL

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:59 pm

can i say england played the better game!!
gutted does not describe it!

Postby skezza » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:24 pm

disgusted we lost!

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:07 pm

Yeh I was really surprised, u guys deserved to go through, but cant believe France has beaten Brazil...woohoo

Postby skezza » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:26 am

erm. well I was dissapointed generally at everyone except Owen Hargreaves. He played fantastic. I was really dissapointed at Rooneys red card because i think it MAY have been accidental even if he did catch him in the gonads.

Im glad Australia got through to the last 16 because now they have proved they are an established nation and will rise in the FIFA rankings!

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:09 pm

LOL....Brazil are getting absolute hell from their fans, haha, calling the coach an old donkey, Ronaldo a fat ass and Ronaldihno, lazy.....hahahaha

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:03 am

Rock wrote:LOL....Brazil are getting absolute hell from their fans, haha, calling the coach an old donkey, Ronaldo a fat ass and Ronaldihno, lazy.....hahahaha

that's so true .. the parts 'bout the players anyway.
they didn't exactly show that they're two of the best
players in the world and look what happened :?

atleast the gold will land somewhere in Europe :)

hopefully Germany :twisted:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Postby CommanderColby » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:11 pm

MetalHead wrote:Germany for the win :) ... that's my german blood boiling :twisted:

I've always thought that the italian team was a bunch of divas :(

Nope, not this time.

The Germans were outplayed.

And although I'm mostly Italian and part German, I get a huge kick out of all these bozos underestimating the Azzurri.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:05 am

I still can't Believe That Elron John Had the balls to say that The Eglish team was a dicrace to the sport . well fine Elton who needs you the rest The English and Welsh say SCREW YOU ELTON .... and so do their desndence ....
now as for Italy Man those guys Can't be serious!!! Diva was too Mild a word for those Girly Boys. They all need ah good hard SMACK!!!! even though they played a great game.
I was very Shocked to see Germany beaten.
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:45 am

Are u serious stratattack, did Elton John give the English soccer team shit??? He is a fkn disgrace of late, he is turning in to a fat whinging pom, that does nothing these days, cept marry his fagass b/f, (I am homophobic by the way, cant stand the thought of what they do, each to their own though) throws dressup partys. He was a better dude when he was acting straight, and on the cocaine, wrote some fkn good real classic music at that time too. :)

And yeh, I was shocke too that Italy won, but they did it in style, 2 goals in xtra time, germans ran out of legs, u cant say the italians didnt win it fair and square, pity they didnt d othe same when they played us. :)

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...