the ultimate sacrifice

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: the ultimate sacrifice

Postby Deansolo » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:05 pm

*eeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr* wrong answer!...Sorry Doob,...But last time I checked a 13 year old was a child. ;)

With that in mind...how "scary" or "gross" can it be? :roll:

You chicks like it 'cuz it stars Mr. Dreamy,... :P
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:04 pm

Doobie wrote:It's not a movie for children - PG-13. I hear it's scarier and down right gross at times.

Sounds good, loved the first one. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:08 pm

I took it you all were referring to the 10 and under crowd (action figures and all), Deano. But, whatever you all choose is okay by me. I just got back from seeing it. You should probably see it on the big screen - a lot of adventure in this one. It does take a darker turn but, I didn't find too many gross-out moments. Davy Jones is pretty awesome looking, I must say - and I loved the voodoo chick. There were two "jump-out-of-my-seat" moments. Didn't see those coming!! *sigh* gotta wait till Memorial Day for POTC III! Ack!

(I'll have the shishkabob, pleeeeez)

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:33 am

Yeah, my wife and I went to watch it yesterday, but the darned thing was sold out! :-(

I'll have to wait a few more days, but I don't thing JD is hurting due to my misfortune. $132 million on opening weekend......geeze!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:46 am

It was sold out everywhere around here, too! I even considered going to the 10 a.m. show and then going out to lunch after-that show was sold out as well. Hopefully I can get in this coming weekend, but I might have to wait til I'm off for my birthday so I can go during the day.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:22 am

Gutterflower wrote:It was sold out everywhere around here, too! I even considered going to the 10 a.m. show and then going out to lunch after-that show was sold out as well. Hopefully I can get in this coming weekend, but I might have to wait til I'm off for my birthday so I can go during the day.

Yeah, my wife and I are taking off from work a week here soon, so I may have to wait till then as well.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:47 am

Gutterflower wrote:It was sold out everywhere around here, too! I even considered going to the 10 a.m. show and then going out to lunch after-that show was sold out as well. Hopefully I can get in this coming weekend, but I might have to wait til I'm off for my birthday so I can go during the day.

Okay! That does it! If you're going to wait that long then I'm officially staking my claim as "The Pirate's Wench" (me and 50 million other wenches, that is)!!! \m/ \m/ :twisted:

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:50 pm

I was fortunate enough to get 2 tickets yesterday before it sold out........I sold 'em 1/2 hour later for $25 bucks each (made a tidy profit).....Kinda like what I did with the 'Cabbage Patch Kid' back in the day!!! :lol:

Just Kidding! :P
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Postby Fretman » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:37 pm

I haven't seen a JD movie since his Ichabod Crane flick some years back. Wow...I'll never get those 100 minutes back. Being that I never saw the first pirate movie I probably won't go see this one either. Is the first one out on DVD yet? :D

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:40 pm

Is that a serious question? It's been out for a year and a half.

Postby Fretman » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:49 pm

Doobie wrote:Is that a serious question? It's been out for a year and a half.

J/K Doob...I know it's been out. Maybe I'll check it out.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:12 pm

Just opened here too, and kids school holidays just started. Couldnt hve timed it any better.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:11 pm

Doobie wrote:Okay! That does it! If you're going to wait that long then I'm officially staking my claim as "The Pirate's Wench" (me and 50 million other wenches, that is)!!! \m/ \m/ :twisted:

Hopefully I'll make it to the movies this weekend! And if not, I'll be off work for a few days starting the 19th. I can spend part of my bday with JD 8)

Confess, Doobie...did you wear your pirate wench outfit to the theater? :D

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:42 pm

Deansolo wrote:*eeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr* wrong answer!...Sorry Doob,...But last time I checked a 13 year old was a child. ;)

With that in mind...how "scary" or "gross" can it be? :roll:

You chicks like it 'cuz it stars Mr. Dreamy,... :P

In all seriousness, I wouldn't take a kid under 10 to see it. I asked people at work today who took in the flick and they agreed. Several said they saw young un's hiding their faces in mom or dad's arms or shoulders.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:44 pm

Gutterflower wrote:
Doobie wrote:Okay! That does it! If you're going to wait that long then I'm officially staking my claim as "The Pirate's Wench" (me and 50 million other wenches, that is)!!! \m/ \m/ :twisted:

Hopefully I'll make it to the movies this weekend! And if not, I'll be off work for a few days starting the 19th. I can spend part of my bday with JD 8)

Confess, Doobie...did you wear your pirate wench outfit to the theater? :D

*Doobie says in a high pitched, freaky voice* "I'lllll never telllllll". :twisted:

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...