the ultimate sacrifice

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: the ultimate sacrifice

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:26 am

Fretman wrote:I haven't seen a JD movie since his Ichabod Crane flick some years back. Wow...I'll never get those 100 minutes back. Being that I never saw the first pirate movie I probably won't go see this one either. Is the first one out on DVD yet? :D

Fret, Sleepy Hollow is a classic! :)

Postby Fretman » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:09 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Fretman wrote:I haven't seen a JD movie since his Ichabod Crane flick some years back. Wow...I'll never get those 100 minutes back. Being that I never saw the first pirate movie I probably won't go see this one either. Is the first one out on DVD yet? :D

Perhaps the story itself is, but the movie gave me the overwhelming urge to set myself on fire.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:37 am

Fretman wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:

Perhaps the story itself is, but the movie gave me the overwhelming urge to set myself on fire.

We're glad you resisted the temptation! :wink:

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:17 am

Fretman wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:

:lol: LOL....well, I'm glad you didn't!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:31 pm

GUTTERFLOWER! You have to check out The Libertine!! I just rented and watched it. It's HIS best acting job to date IMO (especially the last 40 or so minutes). I didn't see it at the theater because, it wasn't at the larger cineplexes - it played in independent ones around here. If you're a fan, I highly recommend this one! JD should be at the top of every director's list, if he's not already. I thought he was awesome before - now, well, he's brilliant in my eyes. What an actor!
Last edited by Doobie on Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:55 am

COOL-thanks for the heads up, Doobie! I forgot about that movie, and I think it only played here very briefly.

I know we both like the tall, dark and lanky thing. Look who I found:

*sizzle*

I liked it when he wore his hair long like that :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:18 pm

lol - yep.
Let me know if/when you see the flick. I have to know if JD reminds you of anyone at times. Esp. when sporting the long curly locks.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:34 pm

DEFINITELY will let you know :P

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:07 am

ahhhhhh! Thursday's Letterman appearance - what a cool guy!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:14 am

I've already watched it a couple of times :D Mmmm....he's the ultimate!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:42 pm

GUTTERFLOWER! Look what I found ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3Bh8pai ... ed&search=

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:25 pm

Johnny Depp is a JUNE Baby! I saw the main post above was written in June 2006 so I'm thinking/the bad boy Pirate is Gemini baby! Well, that's a nice surprise. Pity you had to work on his Birthday, Ms. Doobie your Mr. Depp or should I say ours is definately a treasure to behold! Mercy! I think the most shocking movie I'd seen him in was called the Window he was totally insane & my most favorite are of course the Pirate of the Carribeans sequels & Sleepy Hollow and Cry Baby, Don Juan, Ed Wood, Edward Scissor Hands etc.,. that he clearly shines in! 8O :D 8O

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:56 pm

Thanks, Doob!! haha that song always used to make me laugh but it fits. let's all enjoy a little piece of Johnny this evening:

He's too sexy for that shirt. LOL

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:59 pm

Shadow wrote:Johnny Depp is a JUNE Baby! I saw the main post above was written in June 2006 so I'm thinking/the bad boy Pirate is Gemini baby! Well, that's a nice surprise. Pity you had to work on his Birthday, Ms. Doobie your Mr. Depp or should I say ours is definately a treasure to behold! Mercy! I think the most shocking movie I'd seen him in was called the Window he was totally insane & my most favorite are of course the Pirate of the Carribeans sequels & Sleepy Hollow and Cry Baby, Don Juan, Ed Wood, Edward Scissor Hands etc.,. that he clearly shines in! 8O :D 8O

Shadow, if the most shocking to you was The Secret Window then you definitely haven't seen The Libertine. 8O He's a very naughty boy in that one. Not for the faint at heart. However, it is his best acting job to date. Should have been an Oscar for him but, with it being an independent film it was hard for it to get nominated. Check it out sometime. Even if you don't like the movie you have to admit his acting is superb in it!!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:19 pm

YES, he was definitely a naughty boy in The Libertine. His acting was superb :D

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...