Help with suggestions!

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Help with suggestions!

Postby Doobie » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:32 am

Okay lineup mrmetal but, IMO you need to drop Red Barchetta - always thought that tune majorly sucked! But, you really didn't ask me, did you? ... excuse me - I'll go back to work now.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:35 am

Doobie wrote:Okay lineup mrmetal but, IMO you need to drop Red Barchetta - always thought that tune majorly sucked! But, you really didn't ask me, did you? ... excuse me - I'll go back to work now.

8O That is a great song! What songs do you suggest? We can't help ourselves....we are Rush nerds. :wink:

LOL...no, I didn't ask you, but since you chimed in, tell me what you think we should play. We do Queensryche stuff too....Empire, Jet City Woman, Operation: Mindcrime...it's great having a singer that can handle it AND play bass!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:04 am

mrmetal wrote:
Doobie wrote:Okay lineup mrmetal but, IMO you need to drop Red Barchetta - always thought that tune majorly sucked! But, you really didn't ask me, did you? ... excuse me - I'll go back to work now.

8O That is a great song! What songs do you suggest? We can't help ourselves....we are Rush nerds. :wink:

LOL...no, I didn't ask you, but since you chimed in, tell me what you think we should play. We do Queensryche stuff too....Empire, Jet City Woman, Operation: Mindcrime...it's great having a singer that can handle it AND play bass!

I'm impressed actually with the songs you play, so pay no mind to Doobie up there! :lol: Red Barchetta is a fantastic tune!

Metal, if yall would throw some Dio in there then you'd be set! How bout' some Straight Through The Heart and Hungry For Heaven? \nn/

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:04 am

It's okay that you're "Rush nerds". I love Rush. However, there were two of their songs I absolutely loathe - Red Barchetta and Tom Sawyer. yeck!
Lemme think more on a line-up as I sit here and "work" today. But, I will need to know if you prefer people watch you calmly or do you like more of an excited crowd?

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:07 am

Dio would HAVE to be Last In Line and that's all there is to that, Poets!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:53 pm

We do Caught in the Middle, Heaven and Hell, and Last in Line....we are working up Push. We don't have a dedicated drummer, so we have to play covers until we get back on our feet again. I want to do Something for Nothing.

If I ever get some decent video of us, I will let you guys see it and you can tell me how good or bad it sounds ;)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:19 pm

See, Poets! I told ya it would HAVE to be Last In Line. tee hee. :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:38 pm

Doobie wrote:See, Poets! I told ya it would HAVE to be Last In Line. tee hee. :wink:

I really don't like doing that song, but with my singer, it's kind of hard to resist. I think we have played every song off Holy Diver at one time or another.... :D

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Jiver » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:50 pm

Hey Jiver....we did it again last night and are going to another one tonight. It's our never ending search for a good drummer. They let us play 5 songs, so we did "I Don't Know", "Crazy Train", "Red Barchetta", "Limelight", and "Whole Lotta Love".

It is covers, but man I had fun and I never realized how much bar folks dig that "Whole Lotta Love" song....

Mr. Metal...

Exactly!!! These sort of gigs ARE Fun, what they are supposed to be. Just get up there, and let 'er rip!! As a matter of fact, am going back there in Aug. to do one more wkend. And sitting in here where I'm at, looking for a drummer. Have a bassist who's pretty good. Looking for the rest of the band!!! Never ending search, but the process is fun!!! Keep Jammin'.....

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:56 pm

Doobie wrote:See, Poets! I told ya it would HAVE to be Last In Line. tee hee. :wink:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. :D Actually, I'd take any Dio tune.

Metal, why don't you like doing Last In Line?

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:02 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:

Because everyone else does it. I like to try to pick obscure songs.

Postby skezza » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:36 pm

well lets look at it this way. I know i always revert back to this guy but im just like that. Im going to go through a long list of people and im sure you will all mention ones ive missed.
Bob Daisley, Lee Kerslake, Don Airey, Randy Rhoads...
Bob Daisley, Lee Kerslake, Lindsay Bridgewater, Randy Rhoads...
Rudy Sarzo, Tommy Aldridge, Don Airey, Randy Rhoads...
Rudy Sarzo, Tommy Aldridge, Don Airey, Bernie Tormé...
Rudy Sarzo, Tommy Aldridge, Don Airey, Brad Gillis...
Bob Daisley, Tommy Aldridge, Don Airey, Jake E Lee...
Bob Daisley, Carmen Appice, Don Airey, Jake E Lee...
Mike Inez, Randy Castillo, Not sure who keyboards, Zakk Wylde,
Rob Trujillo, Mike Borden, not sure who did keyboards, Joe Holmes
Rob Trujillo, Mike Borden, Not sure who does keyboards, Zakk Wylde.

Ive even missed out a few members that i cant remember, catch my drift... Ozzy did it all the time. knock yourself out, play the gig and enjoy it

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:39 am

mrmetal wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:

Because everyone else does it. I like to try to pick obscure songs.

I see. That's why I mentioned Straight Through The Heart and Hungry For Heaven, because they are a little more obscure.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:46 pm

Well, Jiver. I saw in another thread where you say you went. How did it go?!!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Jiver » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:45 pm

Jiver wrote:To All:

Yep, went to play both nights, made a little vacation out of it, and it turned out very well!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, had a 4 pc group. Older guy playing 2nd guitar. And singing, we all sung. The 2nd guitarist did his rock/bluesy style to my shred style. I had my moment doing 2 Poison songs, (that Harddriver guy would be proud) "Every Rose" and "Talk Dirty", got the girlies dancing and waving their shirts around. Was HOT on the stage and dance floor!!!!!!!! Was nervous Fri, and did well. Had to have some Tequila for that!!! Sat, better, and slayed 'em. It's only Covers, but WTH? Did some good 'ol songs, classics, and all were rocked!!! Thanks for all the positive feedback; everyone here ROCKS!!!

Here ya go, Doobie! "Listen to the Music"!!!

Previous

Return to Free for all...