Having children

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Having children

Postby Fakeblue » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:49 am

Hi all.

A question I need your opinion to clear out :
Is it ok to have babies in such a crazy world ?
A world where the multimedia pleasures makes a lot of people spending their time watching movies or surfing the web instead of making sure everyone's ok among friends and family ? A world where you can be blown up by terrorists bombs at any time, a world where the weather gets more and more twisted...

Is it ok to put a little baby in that world or is it selfish ?
Do we make babies for the pleasure to see them growing fine and be happy or just because we want to do like everybody else ?

FakeBlue

All Access Member

Re: Having children

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:11 am

Interesting question.

I've never wanted children. Although I do love kids (and surprisingly, they seem to gravitate to me), I'm much too selfish to have any of my own. I like sleeping in late and having my possessions remain unscathed, and the freedom of picking up and leaving at the last minute. I don't want the responsibility of raising a child, nor do I like making sacrifices. I'm also allergic to their noise! Maybe I would feel differently if I ever dated a guy that was worthy of being a parent. :? But at this point my eggs are probably too old and fried anyway. LOL

That being said, I think that the world is pretty rough and I wonder what will happen when my nieces and nephews grow up. Look at the shitty world that they're going to inherit-will there even be anything left? I'm a little scared for them, to be honest. As for whether or not it's selfish to have kids in today's world...I don't think it is. If you're a parent, you probably have more hope than someone like me who prefers being childless. Does that make sense? Probably not! :)

In the meantime, I just keep on popping that pill every day...whoever invented birth control pills deserves to have their face on a coin!
Last edited by Gutterflower on Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:15 am

Wow! You sure are opening a can of worms with this one. I have one child who will turn 19 in a few weeks so I'll be comparing today to 19 years ago. If it was my decision in this day and age, and under the same circumstances as I raised her the first time, my answer would be a resounding "no". I would do over what I did 19 years ago, only if we went back said many of years and I was 23 years old again. And just for the record, I don't find it to be selfish in wanting to have kids ... I find it selfless. It takes strong people to raise kids regardless of the day-and-age. But, I do think it's getting harder, and will continue to do so.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:33 am

Once they are here, it really doesn't matter how you answer those questions. You still have to raise them. So I choose not to worry about things I cannot control.

As for the reason we had them, it is just something that happend and a is a natrual progression in the journey called life.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:27 am

Interesting question fake blue but like Doobie said its opening a huge can of worms. I agree with Mrmetal though and if you have children you really cant worry about those things because it would drive you crazy ya know. The world isnt all bad its just that all we ever hear about are the negative and violent events that occur and your right blue the media in general sucks and they are a huge part of the problem in my opinion. But hey this is a musical site and i enjoy coming hear and chatting with you all so i guess the internet isnt all bad either. It seems like this world is going straight to hell sometimes but this isnt the first decade that has happened in. Vietnam, WW2 and the Cold war era were all pretty shitty but mankind always seems to eventually pull its head out of its ass and make things right again. I dont have any kids but thats only because no woman is dumb enough to ever let herself get impregnated by me :wink: oh yea and birth control helps also. Later my bruthas and sistas and say a prayer for mother earth. ( Revelation Mother Earth = Great song = especially the tribute version) .

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:52 am

harddriver wrote:Interesting question fake blue but like Doobie said its opening a huge can of worms. I agree with Mrmetal though and if you have children you really cant worry about those things because it would drive you crazy ya know. The world isnt all bad its just that all we ever hear about are the negative and violent events that occur and your right blue the media in general sucks and they are a huge part of the problem in my opinion. But hey this is a musical site and i enjoy coming hear and chatting with you all so i guess the internet isnt all bad either. It seems like this world is going straight to hell sometimes but this isnt the first decade that has happened in. Vietnam, WW2 and the Cold war era were all pretty shitty but mankind always seems to eventually pull its head out of its ass and make things right again. I dont have any kids but thats only because no woman is dumb enough to ever let herself get impregnated by me :wink: oh yea and birth control helps also. Later my bruthas and sistas and say a prayer for mother earth. ( Revelation Mother Earth = Great song = especially the tribute version) .

Harddriver, don't take offense to this, but that's the most logical thing I've read from you yet! I think you know where I'm coming from with the shamless Poison plugging! :D

Anyway, my wife and I have only been married for four years, but we've not had kid/kids yet. We want at least one though. I was an only child, and it wasn't bad at all!

I agree with Harddriver. If we all sat around wringing our hands, being scared out of our minds nothing would get accomplished. Personally, that's where my faith in Christ comes in, but I'm not going to preach, I promise! I'm just telling you all how I deal with a few of the issues that blue has brought forth.

As for the weather, it's changed for sure. We all should do our part to protect our planet for ourselves and the generations to come.

Nothing is perfect, so there aren't any perfect answers to these questions.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:52 am

harddriver, you are slipping man. Where is the reference to Poison in your thread? Don't worry, I got your back.

"The world isn't all bad, especially when bands like Poison are around to make it a better place."

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:01 pm

mrmetal wrote:harddriver, you are slipping man. Where is the reference to Poison in your thread? Don't worry, I got your back.

"The world isn't all bad, especially when bands like Poison are around to make it a better place."
Thanks Brutha :D I owe ya one :wink:

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:39 pm

mrmetal wrote:harddriver, you are slipping man. Where is the reference to Poison in your thread? Don't worry, I got your back.

Hey, you're forgetting one thing.......Cinderella! :lol:

Postby Fretman » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:54 pm

If you instill the proper values in your child, teach them right from wrong, etc., hopefully they'll grow up to lead fulfilling lives. Making sure they have the knowledge to snap a terrorists neck from 10 paces is also very important as well. :twisted:

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:56 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:

Hey, you're forgetting one thing.......Cinderella! :lol:
Man you guys are the best :D thanks for looking out for a brutha :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:59 pm

I like children as long as they belong to somebody else and don't live next door or across the street.

:)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:48 pm

Deansolo wrote:I like children as long as they belong to somebody else and don't live next door or across the street.

:)

That used to be my take on it, until I had one of my own. Then it became, "I like children as long as they're mine" because you then see how really bratty some of the others are. Funny how that works ....

All Access Member

Postby dave1021 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:18 pm

What if the bratty ones are your children? I love my boys but there's a reason I don't have long hair and what I do have is turning grey. Seriously though, I knew I 'd love my boys when they were born but what I wasn't prepared for was how fiercely I love them. My wife and I thought we'd do things the old fashioned way and have one at a time, but that's not the way it worked out . I don't know what it's like having one at a time and quite frankly I'd don't want to know cause there's no way I could choose between my boys. I'm just gonna try to teach them right from wrong. Maybe give them a fatherly smack upside the head if they stray to far out of line ( see" brain duster"), and keep them alive till they get old enough to start looking out for themselves.
Those of you with kids will understand when I say "hyper active", busy, 3 & 1/2 year olds.

Gotta go, I think my couch is on fire.

Dave
Father, Husband , Guitar Player

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:38 pm

I have boys and still have long hair....

Next

Return to Free for all...