Having children

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Moderator
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: League City, TX

Re: Having children

Postby Fretman » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:10 am

My son is 3 now and I can't imagine what my life would be like without him around. Still, if having kids isn't for you then so be it. I read in the news every day about people who had no damn business having kids.

I do agree with Gutterflower about what BS it is for people to use their kids as an excuse to get out of work. People who do that kind of thing would just find another excuse to ditch if they didn't have kids, and thus still miss the same amount of work. Kids give them an easier way to get away with it. I have an employee with 3 kids, so she has 3 additional reasons not to come to work, in addition to the usual " I don't feel good", or "My car won't start". Other employees who want to ditch an equal amount of time have to come up with more creative excuses.

I also agree with Dean over his noise issue, assuming his amp isn't turned up to 11 after midnight. It sounds like people in his neighborhood are bored and looking for something to complain about. I've played loud many days/and or nights and never had a complaint...but I'm working on it. :twisted:

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1893
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: BFE

Re: Having children

Postby Doobie » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:43 am

Fretman wrote:My son is 3 now and I can't imagine what my life would be like without him around. Still, if having kids isn't for you then so be it. I read in the news every day about people who had no damn business having kids.


Agreed.
... and you need a license to catch a fish :roll:

Killer of Giants
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: france

Re: Having children

Postby Fakeblue » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:36 pm

Gutterflower wrote:Half of my office is salaried and the other half isn't. We have core hours that we have to work but we also have to take turns working late and on Saturdays to be there for the customers. Everyone hates it, but we're an insurance claims department so we have to be available. Sometimes people even bring their kids in to the office when they have to work those hours, and I have to say that 99% of the kids are so well behaved that you don't even know they're there. It's just that 1%... :roll:

So now that we have this kid thread going, I'm curious. How many kids does everyone have? I just have a cat. She's 21 this year so she can drink legally now. :)

I have no kids, and oups ! no girlfriend ..

Killer of Giants
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: france

Re: Having children

Postby Fakeblue » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:39 pm

Fretman wrote:My son is 3 now and I can't imagine what my life would be like without him around. Still, if having kids isn't for you then so be it. I read in the news every day about people who had no damn business having kids.

I do agree with Gutterflower about what BS it is for people to use their kids as an excuse to get out of work. People who do that kind of thing would just find another excuse to ditch if they didn't have kids, and thus still miss the same amount of work. Kids give them an easier way to get away with it. I have an employee with 3 kids, so she has 3 additional reasons not to come to work, in addition to the usual " I don't feel good", or "My car won't start". Other employees who want to ditch an equal amount of time have to come up with more creative excuses.

I also agree with Dean over his noise issue, assuming his amp isn't turned up to 11 after midnight. It sounds like people in his neighborhood are bored and looking for something to complain about. I've played loud many days/and or nights and never had a complaint...but I'm working on it. :twisted:

It's interesting to hear you like to play loud. Is it something you need to do everytime you plug in or is just on occasions ? I like playing loud but most of the time I'm just happy if I can find the right licks accross the scales, even with a low volume.

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1567
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: San Luis Rey, California

Re: Having children

Postby Deansolo » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:06 am

YES...:D

I'm Just kidding! :) When I do play at home, I normally don't play very loud at all. My 30 watt 1x12 combo is hardly ever turned up past 3 or 4.... and I never play at night...only in the day when most people are at work. I try to respect people and abide by the noise regulations. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Newbie
User avatar
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Having children

Postby 59flametop » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:54 pm

Just had my second and vote a definite "yes" on the initial post question.

Killer of Giants
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: france

Re: Having children

Postby Fakeblue » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:57 pm

59flametop wrote:Just had my second and vote a definite "yes" on the initial post question.
COngrats ! Lovely baby

Rock N' Roll Rebel
User avatar
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Having children

Postby Mstp34 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:17 am

I have 2 girls ages 9 and 17, ( I know big age differents ) and they will push your buttons,(sometimes all at once) just to find out what they can get by with and what they can't ( gets worse as they become teens ) and even though sometimes I feel like pulling my hair out, I love them and would not change a thing if I had to do it again. As far as taking time off from work for the kids... I'm the only staff member so know matter what happens I have to be at the office, I have a room set up in the back with cable tv with dvd player and a computer so if I have to I can take the girls to work with me and for the clients that bring there kids with them, I keep coloring pages and markers to keep them busy.
Image

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Having children

Postby Gutterflower » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:04 am

59flametop wrote:Just had my second and vote a definite "yes" on the initial post question.


Your baby is so sweet-cute picture!
Image

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1231
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: OBeach town, Florida

Re: Having children

Postby frethead » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:15 pm

Man, that's some serious shit, there!!! Yep. Well, let's see . . . I don't have any kids ( none that have caught up with me, anyway!{LOL}) , and I'm not going to be making any. I'm the last male of my clan, but I've lost too many relatives to cancer and I'm not going to let it pass. >> With good fortune and better health, it won't be making an appearance in my house. << I can appreciate children from afar, and I can enjoy the guilt-free satisfaction which comes from being able to take care of and keep all of my stuff in good condition. There are way too many freakin' people on this rock and not enough of them making a change, by a long shot, to preserve the environment. I could be wrong, but that's just about the way it works out.

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1567
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: San Luis Rey, California

Re: Having children

Postby Deansolo » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:44 pm

frethead wrote: There are way too many freakin' people on this rock and not enough of them making a change, by a long shot, to preserve the environment. I could be wrong, but that's just about the way it works out.
I think the people with children should make more of an effort than me to preserve the environment...seeing as they're the ones leaving it to their kids! :lol:
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Having children

Postby mrmetal » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:55 am

Don't worry about the planet being over-populated. I am sure there is another big war just around the corner to cull a few out in certain, strategic geographical locations.

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1231
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: OBeach town, Florida

Re: Having children

Postby frethead » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:49 pm

You can't have one without the other. Right?

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: adelaide, Australia

Re: Having children

Postby Rock » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:31 am

I could do a novel here on having kids in the 21st century, but I am not.....u know why, coz everyones, financial situation is different, their sexuality is different, and their plain old situation with how the baby/baby was conceived is different. Maybe it was a one night stand, maybe it was with a partner that never wanted kids or even they both tried but couldnt do it, so it was a test tube baby. Either way, everyone has their own idea what makes a family, and how to go about it, or how it came about, weather it was their choice or not. Anyway, I will tell u my story instead, coz everyone has a story, to why and how it all came about.

I was 27, young, free, playing in one of the biggest unsighned bands in Oz, I meet a really nice chick, cut to the chase....she gets preg, throws me the deal..U either want to be a rockstar, or a dad. I was just about to leave for london with my band, that was on the border of greatness, to do a tour of europe, and I get told that after giving my life for over 10 years to music to give it all up, funny thing is, I was so over whelmed with her being preg, i stayed here, and they took another guitarist, and it all fell apart, but that is another story in itself.

What I am saying is.......ther is nothing wrong with bringing a life in to this world, it is the most beautiful thing to do, the day when my son was born, when he was coming out entering this world, I cried, and cried, it is the most amzing thing u can go through, but there is everything after that. I had my kid with the wrong person, the right person would have let me go/come with me to europe to fullfill my dreams, not get knocked up to stop me going coz she was/is so fkn insecure. She fucked my music carrer doing that, something I worked hard for, for way over 10 years b4 I met her, and the fkn funny thing is, my boy is 11 now, never see's his mum, coz she is a fkn idiot that doesnt care, and he lives with me.

So heres the fkn equation...I give up everything for a chick that gets preg, coz I have good family values, and same time she is a selfish bitch for making me give it all up, when she had the choice to come too. We split, she wont let me have kid, I give her fkn thousands and thousands over the years, then when I cut the well, and say fuk u bitch, she gives me custody, and makes me look like a cunt to everyone etc etc etc etc, and now after all that, she doesnt even come and see her 11 yr old boy...Been 2 fkn years now.

So end of the day.......
I gave up a promising million dollar carreer to a groupie slut, who got preg to me, gave me an ultimatum, got too hard for her after 2 years, so she leaves me, fkn takes my house etc etc etc and continued to take my money till I got custody of him coz he hated it with her, and now she cant even bother seeing her kid. As it is, I over payed her 53,000 dollars and she isnt required to pay it back, yet if she still had him, and I was behind, I would have to pay that and sell my house to do so........

This is only m y story, but I bet alot of blokes get stung by money grubbing sluts........I was bitter, but I have my kid now, she destroyed my life for a long time, not only that, my boy wishes he had a family, u know the family I grew up with and most ppl did when they were young, the family with a real mum and dad..the original mum and dad, is why I gave it all up to start with, but she had other ideas.

I came from a family that are still together, my parents have been together for 44 years now, and so are all my bros and sisters and uncles etc....seems like this day and age, kids arent considered, which are the ones that truly suffer. My son and I have moved on, but the poor kid, will always wonder where his mum is, and why didnt he have a normal family..like nanna and pop......and that fkn hurts me more than me wondering what would have life been like with a considerate partner, that let me take my career as far as I could, would be good to d oit with someone and my family together.

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Having children

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:27 am

Rock wrote:I could do a novel here on having kids in the 21st century, but I am not.....u know why, coz everyones, financial situation is different, their sexuality is different, and their plain old situation with how the baby/baby was conceived is different. Maybe it was a one night stand, maybe it was with a partner that never wanted kids or even they both tried but couldnt do it, so it was a test tube baby. Either way, everyone has their own idea what makes a family, and how to go about it, or how it came about, weather it was their choice or not. Anyway, I will tell u my story instead, coz everyone has a story, to why and how it all came about.

I was 27, young, free, playing in one of the biggest unsighned bands in Oz, I meet a really nice chick, cut to the chase....she gets preg, throws me the deal..U either want to be a rockstar, or a dad. I was just about to leave for london with my band, that was on the border of greatness, to do a tour of europe, and I get told that after giving my life for over 10 years to music to give it all up, funny thing is, I was so over whelmed with her being preg, i stayed here, and they took another guitarist, and it all fell apart, but that is another story in itself.

What I am saying is.......ther is nothing wrong with bringing a life in to this world, it is the most beautiful thing to do, the day when my son was born, when he was coming out entering this world, I cried, and cried, it is the most amzing thing u can go through, but there is everything after that. I had my kid with the wrong person, the right person would have let me go/come with me to europe to fullfill my dreams, not get knocked up to stop me going coz she was/is so fkn insecure. She fucked my music carrer doing that, something I worked hard for, for way over 10 years b4 I met her, and the fkn funny thing is, my boy is 11 now, never see's his mum, coz she is a fkn idiot that doesnt care, and he lives with me.

So heres the fkn equation...I give up everything for a chick that gets preg, coz I have good family values, and same time she is a selfish bitch for making me give it all up, when she had the choice to come too. We split, she wont let me have kid, I give her fkn thousands and thousands over the years, then when I cut the well, and say fuk u bitch, she gives me custody, and makes me look like a cunt to everyone etc etc etc etc, and now after all that, she doesnt even come and see her 11 yr old boy...Been 2 fkn years now.

So end of the day.......
I gave up a promising million dollar carreer to a groupie slut, who got preg to me, gave me an ultimatum, got too hard for her after 2 years, so she leaves me, fkn takes my house etc etc etc and continued to take my money till I got custody of him coz he hated it with her, and now she cant even bother seeing her kid. As it is, I over payed her 53,000 dollars and she isnt required to pay it back, yet if she still had him, and I was behind, I would have to pay that and sell my house to do so........

This is only m y story, but I bet alot of blokes get stung by money grubbing sluts........I was bitter, but I have my kid now, she destroyed my life for a long time, not only that, my boy wishes he had a family, u know the family I grew up with and most ppl did when they were young, the family with a real mum and dad..the original mum and dad, is why I gave it all up to start with, but she had other ideas.

I came from a family that are still together, my parents have been together for 44 years now, and so are all my bros and sisters and uncles etc....seems like this day and age, kids arent considered, which are the ones that truly suffer. My son and I have moved on, but the poor kid, will always wonder where his mum is, and why didnt he have a normal family..like nanna and pop......and that fkn hurts me more than me wondering what would have life been like with a considerate partner, that let me take my career as far as I could, would be good to d oit with someone and my family together.


Rock, it sounds like you had a rough way to go for awhile, but it sounds like you got through it! I'd be willing to guess that you and your son became closer during the process, right?

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I respect people as yourself, because you stepped up to the plate and took your responsibilty. I was like your son, but I grew up without a dad around. Fortunately, I had a mom that loved me and stuck by me like you do your son. You're right, he'll grow up questioning why his mom acted the way she did, but he'll always know who stuck by him too!

Much respects my man!

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests