C.C. DeVille: Pick Your Poison

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

C.C. DeVille: Pick Your Poison

Postby Gutterflower » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:05 am

Just for you, Harddriver:

C.C. DEVILLE: PICK YOUR POISON

June 15, 2006

Good thing prototypical hair-metal band Poison decided to hit the road to celebrate its 20th anniversary.

Guitarist C.C. DeVille, who lost his driver's license last year and is fresh out of rehab, can hitch a ride on the tour bus all summer long.

"I'm pretty much growin' up when it comes to driving fast," he said last week from Los Angeles. "I had some awful accidents."

DeVille (real name Bruce Anthony Johannesson), 44, and the rest of Poison -- lead singer Bret Michaels, bassist Bobby Dall and drummer Rikki Rockett -- will headline the third annual Waterstock Rock on Saturday at Water Works Park.

Michaels and his solo band performed at last year's Waterstock.

Perhaps it's only fitting, then, that the original lineup of the "Nothin' But a Good Time" band returns for what is looking disturbingly like an annual fixture event in Des Moines, a tribute to the aerosol-enhanced era of glammed-up Sunset Strip rock before Seattle grunge wiped the slate clean.

Organizer Willie Glosser predicts a crowd of more than 7,000 Saturday. Long-discussed plans for a full-blown concert series based on Waterstock haven't materialized, but other promoters will follow this summer with their own fests in the same park: the Big Country Bash on June 25 and Summer Jam on July 23.

DeVille, meanwhile, was on display most recently in the low-rent VH1 reality TV show "The Surreal Life" -- "one of the best things" he's ever done, according to the lovably loony guitarist.

"I had just come out of rehab and it put me through tests," DeVille said. "It took the alcohol and all the excuses out of the quotient."

He describes himself as an addictive personality with no "off switch" who today does need more than a good time.

"I have a very big spiritual place in my life now," DeVille confessed. "I don't like to label any religion, but I do believe that I'm put on this Earth for a reason. You have free will, but the goal is to do God's will as opposed to your own will, and sometimes my own will is easier but it's never right."

When God talks to DeVille, he doesn't talk dirty. It's subtle.

In the guitarist's always-colorful parlance, God is "that little voice that you hear in your head that says, 'I know you didn't get charged for that carton of eggs, but just tell the checkout guy that he missed it.' "

More wisdom from this hair metal survivor:

Q: Are you going to get glammed up for the stage this summer, the makeup and everything?
A: When I was younger and I put the makeup on I might be able to pass for an ugly girl. Now I just look like Phyllis Diller. ... Makeup honestly in retrospect probably was never a good idea. But as you get older it becomes very obvious that it is not a good idea at all if you're a man. ... Maybe a face-lift, maybe go to the gym. Stay off the makeup, take it from me.

Q: Can you believe that Poison has lasted 20 years?
A: If I knew I was gonna be alive this long, I woulda took better care of myself. Honestly, I had no idea that Poison would be still going. It really is a miracle. ... I've been clean and sober now for nine months.

Q: So can you behave on tour this summer?
A: I think where it's scary is after the show when you have this false exaltation, where it's four guys in the band and it's really a celebration about the music, and it's a celebration about the music being a soundtrack to other people's lives. It's not that they love us, it's that they remember who they were dating, their first car or whatever when they hear our songs. So we get this false sense of almost supernatural things. And if you're not careful, you stumble into that and then you do feel like you don't want to let go of that moment.

Q: How are your guitar chops these days?
A: My playing is really, really good this year because I got my license taken away and I can't drive for 12 months. ... The byproduct of that is the guitar has since become a very good friend of mine.

Q: How are you and Bret getting along?
A: With 20 years comes a lot of maturity as well as getting healthier, and we're realizing that the dynamic of Bret and I is really a major catalyst for what Poison is.

Courtesy of desmoinesregister.com

Re: C.C. DeVille: Pick Your Poison

Postby Fretman » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:15 am

Hardriver will love this.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:33 pm

Forgot to add visual aid:

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:49 pm

Gutterflower wrote:Forgot to add visual aid:

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

:x OH GAWD PLEASE.....NOOO!!!!
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:17 pm

Thanks Gutterbabe i appreciate it sweety. I saw Poison last night at the UMB Bank Pavillion in St. Louis Mossouri and it was an awesome show. C.C. was clean and sober and it really showed in his playing and especially in his solo which was the best ive ever seen him perform. I know alot of people knock on Poison but i respect the fact that these dudes have been through so much shit and been crucified so much but they still come out on top in the end. The final attendance announced last night was 14,143 people and i swear not one of them was sitting down for either Poison or Cinderella. Brett is one hell of a front man and he stopped several times in between songs to thank all the fans and people who stuck by them when they were told by record execs that they wouldnt last 20 minuets let alone 20 years. I was 11th row center and the lights, lasers and Pyro along with the guys themselves never standing in one spot made for one hell of a show that is probably the best Poison show ive ever seen. Alot of people say this band's music lacks substance but i would have to strongly disagree with that. In the parking lot we were all sitting around slammin some brews and everybody was just talking about how they were at this stage in their life when they first heard this song or that song and how it brought back memories and if that isnt substance then i dont know what is. Ive just always prefered songs about real life as opposed to songs about stupid shit like Dragons and Gods and Demons and all that Bullshit. To me those lame ass songs dont have a ounce of fuckin substance and most of those bands couldnt even pack a damn bar let alone a ampitheater. So any way it was awesome show and a good time had by all. So go ahead and keep slammin on the makeup and hairspray ( which they dont really wear anymore by the way ) and those guys will keep touring all over the world and making people happy with their no substance music.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:50 pm

Deansolo wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:Forgot to add visual aid:

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

:x OH GAWD PLEASE.....NOOO!!!!
Dude i noticed that pic you use in your avatar 8O And i must say you have no right to slam on anybodyelse's sense of style :wink: i mean come on dude a damn sweater with a collared shirt :lol: and some cheesy white shoes :lol: . But i guess thats how bands dressed SOMEWHERE ON THE BEACHES of SAN FRANCISCO :P back in the 80's huh ? I bet even the dudes in L.A. made fun of you.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:56 pm

Dude C'mon....No need to get all personal. when I posted that pic I said it was from a rehearsal in my friends family room. And no, musicians in LA don't make fun of me, they put me on the guest list and I get to go to exclusive recording sessions. But that's for another thread. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:57 pm

Dude C'mon....No need to get all personal. when I posted that pic I said it was from a rehearsal in my friends family room. And no, musicians in LA don't make fun of me, they put me on the guest list and I get to go to exclusive recording sessions. But that's for another thread. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:58 pm

Dude C'mon....No need to get all personal. when I posted that pic I said it was from a mid 80's rehearsal in my friends family room. I'd like to see what you were wearing in 1986, acid wash maybe? And no, musicians in LA don't make fun of me, they put me on the guest list and I get to go to exclusive recording sessions. But that's for another thread. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:28 pm

Deansolo wrote:Dude C'mon....No need to get all personal. when I posted that pic I said it was from a mid 80's rehearsal in my friends family room. I'd like to see what you were wearing in 1986, acid wash maybe? And no, musicians in LA don't make fun of me, they put me on the guest list and I get to go to exclusive recording sessions. But that's for another thread. :)
I was just joking Dean my man :wink: and as far as what i was wearing in 1986 :lol: well i was only 12 so i probably didnt have alot of say in the matter. And hey we all looked funny back in the 80's didnt we :lol: dude i was suck a dork i even had the Vanilla Ice mullet think going on with lines shaved in the side of my head in late 80's :oops: but hey those were the days huh.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:29 pm

harddriver wrote:Thanks Gutterbabe i appreciate it sweety. I saw Poison last night at the UMB Bank Pavillion in St. Louis Mossouri and it was an awesome show. C.C. was clean and sober and it really showed in his playing and especially in his solo which was the best ive ever seen him perform. I know alot of people knock on Poison but i respect the fact that these dudes have been through so much shit and been crucified so much but they still come out on top in the end. The final attendance announced last night was 14,143 people and i swear not one of them was sitting down for either Poison or Cinderella. Brett is one hell of a front man and he stopped several times in between songs to thank all the fans and people who stuck by them when they were told by record execs that they wouldnt last 20 minuets let alone 20 years. I was 11th row center and the lights, lasers and Pyro along with the guys themselves never standing in one spot made for one hell of a show that is probably the best Poison show ive ever seen. Alot of people say this band's music lacks substance but i would have to strongly disagree with that. In the parking lot we were all sitting around slammin some brews and everybody was just talking about how they were at this stage in their life when they first heard this song or that song and how it brought back memories and if that isnt substance then i dont know what is. Ive just always prefered songs about real life as opposed to songs about stupid shit like Dragons and Gods and Demons and all that Bullshit. To me those lame ass songs dont have a ounce of fuckin substance and most of those bands couldnt even pack a damn bar let alone a ampitheater. So any way it was awesome show and a good time had by all. So go ahead and keep slammin on the makeup and hairspray ( which they dont really wear anymore by the way ) and those guys will keep touring all over the world and making people happy with their no substance music.

8O What happened to the 35,000? Only 14,143 people showed up?....I've seen more people at a Tuesday night Padres game! LOL! :lol: Shows how many people in St. Louis love their Poison! :lol:
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:35 pm

OOps i don't know why it posted multiple times...Sorry 'bout that!
www.cats-eyeesp.com

All Access Member

Poor Poison

Postby harddriver » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:38 am

Poor Poison :oops: They just cant win :oops:

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:09 pm

[quote="Deansolo"][quote="harddriver"]Thanks Gutterbabe i appreciate it sweety. I saw Poison last night at the UMB Bank Pavillion in St. Louis Mossouri and it was an awesome show. C.C. was clean and sober and it really showed in his playing and especially in his solo which was the best ive ever seen him perform. I know alot of people knock on Poison but i respect the fact that these dudes have been through so much shit and been crucified so much but they still come out on top in the end. The final attendance announced last night was 14,143 people and i swear not one of them was sitting down for either Poison or Cinderella. Brett is one hell of a front man and he stopped several times in between songs to thank all the fans and people who stuck by them when they were told by record execs that they wouldnt last 20 minuets let alone 20 years. I was 11th row center and the lights, lasers and Pyro along with the guys themselves never standing in one spot made for one hell of a show that is probably the best Poison show ive ever seen. Alot of people say this band's music lacks substance but i would have to strongly disagree with that. In the parking lot we were all sitting around slammin some brews and everybody was just talking about how they were at this stage in their life when they first heard this song or that song and how it brought back memories and if that isnt substance then i dont know what is. Ive just always prefered songs about real life as opposed to songs about stupid shit like Dragons and Gods and Demons and all that Bullshit. To me those lame ass songs dont have a ounce of fuckin substance and most of those bands couldnt even pack a damn bar let alone a ampitheater. So any way it was awesome show and a good time had by all. So go ahead and keep slammin on the makeup and hairspray ( which they dont really wear anymore by the way ) and those guys will keep touring all over the world and making people happy with their no substance music.[/quote

Poison and Cinderella??? Wait a minute. Wait a minute! Somebody is kidding, here, right?! Aw, man!!! I'm going to puke . . . like finger first. LMFAO

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:15 pm

[quote="frethead"][quote="Deansolo"][quote="harddriver"]Thanks Gutterbabe i appreciate it sweety. I saw Poison last night at the UMB Bank Pavillion in St. Louis Mossouri and it was an awesome show. C.C. was clean and sober and it really showed in his playing and especially in his solo which was the best ive ever seen him perform. I know alot of people knock on Poison but i respect the fact that these dudes have been through so much shit and been crucified so much but they still come out on top in the end. The final attendance announced last night was 14,143 people and i swear not one of them was sitting down for either Poison or Cinderella. Brett is one hell of a front man and he stopped several times in between songs to thank all the fans and people who stuck by them when they were told by record execs that they wouldnt last 20 minuets let alone 20 years. I was 11th row center and the lights, lasers and Pyro along with the guys themselves never standing in one spot made for one hell of a show that is probably the best Poison show ive ever seen. Alot of people say this band's music lacks substance but i would have to strongly disagree with that. In the parking lot we were all sitting around slammin some brews and everybody was just talking about how they were at this stage in their life when they first heard this song or that song and how it brought back memories and if that isnt substance then i dont know what is. Ive just always prefered songs about real life as opposed to songs about stupid shit like Dragons and Gods and Demons and all that Bullshit. To me those lame ass songs dont have a ounce of fuckin substance and most of those bands couldnt even pack a damn bar let alone a ampitheater. So any way it was awesome show and a good time had by all. So go ahead and keep slammin on the makeup and hairspray ( which they dont really wear anymore by the way ) and those guys will keep touring all over the world and making people happy with their no substance music.[/quote

Poison and Cinderella??? Wait a minute. Wait a minute! Somebody is kidding, here, right?! Aw, man!!! I'm going to puke . . . like finger first. LMFAO[/quote ] Sounds like an eating disorder to me Fret. I guess it is true what they say about guys from Florida :lol:

Next

Return to Free for all...