C.C. Deville

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

C.C. Deville

Postby harddriver » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:04 pm

Ok il admit it guys im a big fan of the Glam Rock Era bands and i love the music and attitude that existed back then. I know there are some guitar players the post on here alot and i was just wandering what you all think of C.C. as a guitarest ( style, Technique etc..... ) ive seen Poison live several times ( im not gay :lol: ) and i thought he was pretty decent. So go ahead Jake fans and tell me what you think of ol C.C. Man am i bored today :lol:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: C.C. Deville

Postby sonicbrew73 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:50 pm

I've seen Poison a couple times too. C.C. is a really good guitar player. I don't think C.C. or other guitar players from that era, get the credit they deserve.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:50 pm

Thats okay Harddriver we all slip every so often. :lol:
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:17 pm

haha! Another glammer out of the closet!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:48 pm

I never liked Poison. I always thought that they stole their stage moves from Kix, an infinitely better 80s band that deserved way more recognition than they got.

CC=poseur

no offense to those who DO like him, it's just my opinion, and that's what was asked. I could never get into Poison's music. I was more into Tesla, Dokken, Ratt and Motely Crue. And a little band callled BADLANDS. 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:55 pm

I can't wait to see C.C.'s antics on the reality show "Surreal Life 6" which airs later this month.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:13 pm

I trust it will be way more exciting than Janie (sic?) Lane's Celebrity Fit Club gig! Speaking of CFC . . . they picked up an alternate due to Jeff Conway needing drug rehab worse than a weight loss program at this time. DRAMA!! Anyway, the alternate is none other than Gunnar Nelson of the infamous 80's duo The Nelson Twins (he wishes to lose a "whopping" 15 lbs. - pfffft).

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:38 pm

Doobie wrote:I trust it will be way more exciting than Janie (sic?) Lane's Celebrity Fit Club gig! Speaking of CFC . . . they picked up an alternate due to Jeff Conway needing drug rehab worse than a weight loss program at this time. DRAMA!! Anyway, the alternate is none other than Gunnar Nelson of the infamous 80's duo The Nelson Twins (he wishes to lose a "whopping" 15 lbs. - pfffft).

On Metal Sludge they said Janie couldn't stay away from Krispy Kreme! They had a pic of him coming out of one stuffing his face with a piece of glazed heaven. :lol:

I couldn't agree with Gutter anymore. I thought Poison really sucked. Yeah I know, they sold a bunch of albums. People liked them...yada yada yada....but I thought they were a bunch of fucking poesers.

Give me bands like Metal Church, Fates Warning, Badlands, Hurricane, Slayer, etc... from that time period.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:39 pm

OMG it's been so long since I've heard of or thought about Metal Church! I used to love them!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:41 pm

Doobie wrote:OMG it's been so long since I've heard of or thought about Metal Church! I used to love them!

That song from "Blessing in Disguise" called "Badlands" rocks!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:48 pm

Wasn't much on Poison, myself. When it came to glam, I always thought Cinderella was way ahead in the game. Too bad that when the make-up came off the band diminished. grrrrr.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:55 pm

Doobie wrote:Wasn't much on Poison, myself. When it came to glam, I always thought Cinderella was way ahead in the game. Too bad that when the make-up came off the band diminished. grrrrr.

I like some Cinderella. But to be honest, that singer is hard for me to listen to sometimes. Good band though.

I do admit to liking Whitesnake, Tesla, Ratt (because of DiMartini), Vixen (for obvious reasons... :lol: ), Twisted Sister, Dangerous Toys and I am sure I could think of a few more that definatelty would be considered "Hair" bands!

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:59 am

mrmetal wrote:
Doobie wrote:Wasn't much on Poison, myself. When it came to glam, I always thought Cinderella was way ahead in the game. Too bad that when the make-up came off the band diminished. grrrrr.

I like some Cinderella. But to be honest, that singer is hard for me to listen to sometimes. Good band though.

I do admit to liking Whitesnake, Tesla, Ratt (because of DiMartini), Vixen (for obvious reasons... :lol: ), Twisted Sister, Dangerous Toys and I am sure I could think of a few more that definatelty would be considered "Hair" bands!

cinderella rule! ther musics great..all 80's bands r great!

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:11 am

I wasn't much for pioson either but Ratt and Tesla ere and are still the s@#t .
The artist formally known as Brawler

Postby Fretman » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:35 am

mrmetal wrote:
Doobie wrote:OMG it's been so long since I've heard of or thought about Metal Church! I used to love them!

That song from "Blessing in Disguise" called "Badlands" rocks!

No doubt...and how about Watch The Children Pray by Metal Church? The original singer died last year.

Next

Return to Free for all...