Art

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Art

Postby Fakeblue » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:57 am

Hello folks.

How do you react to the Hollywood culture?
Would you be impressed by the social vibe of a town basing 80% of its economics on the art industry? If you were to live in such a place, would you end up thinking there's no life without aesthetics? Could the gigantic ego of some of the Hollywood people make you believe there are true genius on this earth who made all their art on their own? Or do you believe an artist is just someone having the necessary craft to add a pavement to the long Hollywood 'Walk Of Fame' way of life?

Are artist people capable of reflecting life around them and lending their voice to the world or are they larger than life people capable of reinventing art dragging inspiration from the nil every single time they come up with something?

Killer of Giants

Re: Art

Postby mrmetal » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:33 am

They are entertainers, not geniuses.

Just because I may enjoy watching you pretend you are something other than what you really are, doesn't mean I want to hear you foam at the mouth on the social, economical, spiritual, medical, or political topics of the day. Yes, Tom Cruise I am talking to you; the blathering idiot.

That is pretty much what I think of entertainers. Yes, entertain me, but shut the hell up and don't tell me how to think.

Postby Fretman » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:37 am

mrmetal wrote:They are entertainers, not geniuses.

Just because I may enjoy watching you pretend you are something other than what you really are, doesn't mean I want to hear you foam at the mouth on the social, economical, spiritual, medical, or political topics of the day. Yes, Tom Cruise I am talking to you; the blathering idiot.

That is pretty much what I think of entertainers. Yes, entertain me, but shut the hell up and don't tell me how to think.

I agree 100%...and I wish the media would quit giving them that kind of platform.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:42 am

Hey, I dont mind someone that has got themselves in a position to help the world, like Bob Geldof, and even Bono, but yeh, there are alot of part timers out there, that really are a product of the machine, and dont have fukall true talent at all. I wont name ppl who I think fit this bracket, bu t there is some shit actors and entertainers out there, that arent anyone to me or anyone else, yet their publicist etc, thrusts them on u, as if the majority does seem to think something of them. I have met many famous ppl, and end of the day, they are no better than u and I, and most of them actually realise that.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:42 am

I 100% agree as well! Tom Cruise isn't the only one that thinks he can tell us what we "should" think though. I'll add a few more: Sean Pean, Johnny Depp, George Clooney, Barbara Streisand, Danny Glover, and Ed Asner to name just a few more.

I like entertainment as much as the next guy, but I don't put any weight at all on what the Hollywood La La's think or say.

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:47 am

Are you trying to say the industry constantly trying to make big bucks are turning art into some sort of a 'give the audience what they want to hear' standart fast food emotion or are you saying people there really doesn"t reflect any of the music-movies industry on their behavior ?

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:06 pm

100% on the mark mrmetal!
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Return to Free for all...