What concerts are you attending this summer?

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: What concerts are you attending this summer?

Postby Fakeblue » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:55 am

MetalHead wrote:i'm seeing Guns n Roses the 26th :)

Guns & roses ? Ho man I thought they were all dead.
Did they come up with anything new since Use Your Illusions ?

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:24 am

Fakeblue wrote:

Guns & roses ? Ho man I thought they were all dead.
Did they come up with anything new since Use Your Illusions ?

they're scheduled to release Chinese Democracy in a near future :twisted:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:14 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
harddriver wrote:Poison/ Cinderella June 16th ( Awesome show :D ) , Journey/ Defleppard July 21st , and Poison/ Ciderella again on July 28th. Also Foreigner on the 16th of August. :D

Wow harddriver, you're keepin' the Poison camp in business bro. You better stock up on your Mary Kay my man. :lol:....remember to shave real good though! Better yet, you might oughta go for the wax job!
It will be way to hot for makeup and i wouldnt want my mascara to run. And i cant wax anymore because it gives me an awful rash. :lol: Oh yea and remember to take atlesast $50 to your Prog/Power metalfest so that way you have enough money to buy beers for for the other 5 people that will be attending the show.

Postby Fretman » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:09 am

Deansolo wrote:

I read on Metal Sludge last night that the fans at The Download Festival were throwing bottles of piss (yes URINE!) at Axel Rose! 8O Also on Sludge:...A fan wrote in and said the new songs SUCKED! Could be he/she was just a fan of the old stuff, who knows....I guess Izzy Stradlin' (I always liked that name) comes out and does a few tunes with 'em. According to Sludge, Izzy's great.

So much for Axels's Roses.

Sorry 'bout that Metalhead. There's still time to sell the tickets! :D

Pelting the guy with urine bombs is rediculous, even if it is Axel Rose. I've heard a lot of songs off of the new record and I'd say most of them are okay, but they don't company to AFD - UYI1&2.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:09 am

Actually beer is less than $10 a piece at Prog/Power so you may be able to get two beers for a couple...

Postby Fretman » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:11 am

harddriver wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
harddriver wrote:Poison/ Cinderella June 16th ( Awesome show :D ) , Journey/ Defleppard July 21st , and Poison/ Ciderella again on July 28th. Also Foreigner on the 16th of August. :D

Wow harddriver, you're keepin' the Poison camp in business bro. You better stock up on your Mary Kay my man. :lol:....remember to shave real good though! Better yet, you might oughta go for the wax job!
It will be way to hot for makeup and i wouldnt want my mascara to run. And i cant wax anymore because it gives me an awful rash. :lol: Oh yea and remember to take atlesast $50 to your Prog/Power metalfest so that way you have enough money to buy beers for for the other 5 people that will be attending the show.

You might also want to put a few pennies away for the Firehouse/Trixter tour just in case it comes your way. :lol:

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:48 am

harddriver wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:

Ahhh, I don't drink, so I'm not going to contribute to other people's bad habits. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Harddriver, do you hold up signs at these shows that say, MARRY ME C.C. AND BRETT! :lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:09 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote: Ahhh, I don't drink, so I'm not going to contribute to other people's bad habits. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Hey if Jesus drank wine, I am sure I can have a beer.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:45 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
harddriver wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:

Ahhh, I don't drink, so I'm not going to contribute to other people's bad habits. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Harddriver, do you hold up signs at these shows that say, MARRY ME C.C. AND BRETT! :lol:
Not after watching the Sureal life on VH1. Sorry C.C. :cry: and Brett would be way to high maintenence for me so sorry Brett :cry: But Ricki :D oh yea :D Ive always wanted to have a cool last name like Rocket 8) and he used to be a hairdresser so he would do my hair for me and we would never run out of mouse.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:54 pm

Fretman wrote:
harddriver wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:

You might also want to put a few pennies away for the Firehouse/Trixter tour just in case it comes your way. :lol:
Dude come on give me a break. There are some things from the 80's that even i wouldnt do. And 2 of those things are Trixter and Firehouse. And a few pennies would be way to much to pay for a ticket to see those 2 bands. P.S. Unless you throw in STRYPER :evil: and then i might scrape up a nickel. :evil:

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:56 pm

mrmetal wrote:Actually beer is less than $10 a piece at Prog/Power so you may be able to get two beers for a couple...
Yea but its not like any chicks listen to that music so if there was a couple there i would stay as far away from them as possible.

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:45 am

Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:No interesting gigs here -sigh-

Same here-nobody I really want to see. Plus I'm paying off my last vacation along with some other bills.

now if Jake decided to play somewhere, that would be different... :)

I personaly feel that I would not go too far away anymore to see a player I admire. ten years ago if someone told me Marty Friedman is playing in PAris then I would just run to the train station but today...I do'nt know...I'm different...

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:05 am

Fakeblue wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:

Same here-nobody I really want to see. Plus I'm paying off my last vacation along with some other bills.

I personaly feel that I would not go too far away anymore to see a player I admire. ten years ago if someone told me Marty Friedman is playing in PAris then I would just run to the train station but today...I do'nt know...I'm different...

I've gotten on an airplane to go to a few shows. My friends are scattered around the country, so we pick a cool spot and meet up there and turn it into a real vacation. I've been to California and Las Vegas for shows, and it was alot of fun-did lots of sightseeing in Cali and Vegas is VEGAS!! 8) I like to travel anyway.

Postby skezza » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:30 pm

Week or so ago, i went to see the Eagles farewell tour I at NIA Arena in Birmingham. They were really great and performed all the great songs :). I tried to get tickets to Maiden but no such luck :(

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:41 am

Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:

I've gotten on an airplane to go to a few shows. My friends are scattered around the country, so we pick a cool spot and meet up there and turn it into a real vacation. I've been to California and Las Vegas for shows, and it was alot of fun-did lots of sightseeing in Cali and Vegas is VEGAS!! 8) I like to travel anyway.

I may like to travel....but....in the USA the plane tickets have a normal price....here they are outrageously expensive.

I remember 10 years ago I went to see Gamma Ray in Paris. It was a very small stage, not two feet from the floor ! I could shake Kay Hansen hand and it was magic. He was so close to the crowd. When they started the gig, he stood right in front of me ! I remember seeing him smiling because I looked like is I saw an extra-terrestrian.

Before Gamma Ray was a band called Thunderhead. Not too bad. They ended the show by coming back on the stage totally naked. one of them wrote I lonve Paris on his ass. lol so much fun except I had to sleep in the streets but ho well.....it worthed it

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...