What concerts are you attending this summer?

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: What concerts are you attending this summer?

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:42 am

mrmetal wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote: Ahhh, I don't drink, so I'm not going to contribute to other people's bad habits. Thanks for the suggestion though!


Hey if Jesus drank wine, I am sure I can have a beer.


:lol: You're a big boy metal, so you can make your own decisions.

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: What concerts are you attending this summer?

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:46 am

Fakeblue wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:No interesting gigs here -sigh-


Same here-nobody I really want to see. Plus I'm paying off my last vacation along with some other bills.

now if Jake decided to play somewhere, that would be different... :)

I personaly feel that I would not go too far away anymore to see a player I admire. ten years ago if someone told me Marty Friedman is playing in PAris then I would just run to the train station but today...I do'nt know...I'm different...


I've gotten on an airplane to go to a few shows. My friends are scattered around the country, so we pick a cool spot and meet up there and turn it into a real vacation. I've been to California and Las Vegas for shows, and it was alot of fun-did lots of sightseeing in Cali and Vegas is VEGAS!! 8) I like to travel anyway.


I may like to travel....but....in the USA the plane tickets have a normal price....here they are outrageously expensive.

I remember 10 years ago I went to see Gamma Ray in Paris. It was a very small stage, not two feet from the floor ! I could shake Kay Hansen hand and it was magic. He was so close to the crowd. When they started the gig, he stood right in front of me ! I remember seeing him smiling because I looked like is I saw an extra-terrestrian.

Before Gamma Ray was a band called Thunderhead. Not too bad. They ended the show by coming back on the stage totally naked. one of them wrote I lonve Paris on his ass. lol so much fun except I had to sleep in the streets but ho well.....it worthed it


For some reason I've never been able to get into Gamma Ray that much. I wouldn't mind seeing them live though, as long as they kept their clothes on that is! :lol:

Have you ever seen Within Temptation live in France?

Rock N' Roll Rebel
User avatar
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: What concerts are you attending this summer?

Postby Jiver » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:28 pm

I know this probably isn't the forum, but I went with a gal to see Kenny Chesney Sat. the 24th in the Pacific NW, and man, he ROCKED!! Was my 1st Country Music Concert, and it reminded me in a way of the days of the 80's , when going to Rock Shows were carefree, casual. Chesney was awesome, the others: Gretchen Wilson (Redneck Woman), Dierks Bentley (What was I thinking?), Big and Rich (Save a horse, ride a cowboy), and some new guy opening all did well. My roots when I was a kid were country, and at 37 going on 38, well, wouldn't mind more of it. Jake likes country, and it's guitar playing!! I have over the years listened to it in a social setting, so I know country basically well. But now, rethinking about maybe pursueing it as far as playing. PPL really like it. Rock has gotten away from the good time vibe since the early 90's, and country embraces that vibe Good Time Rock used to. When I was there in the Stadium, seeing all the BEAUTIFUL WOMEN, and PPL having a great time, reminded me of seeing REO S/W, Night Ranger, Motley, all the great bands of the 80's. So, plan to see more concerts like this. I recommend it!!

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: What concerts are you attending this summer?

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:36 pm

Jiver wrote:I know this probably isn't the forum, but I went with a gal to see Kenny Chesney Sat. the 24th in the Pacific NW, and man, he ROCKED!! Was my 1st Country Music Concert, and it reminded me in a way of the days of the 80's , when going to Rock Shows were carefree, casual. Chesney was awesome, the others: Gretchen Wilson (Redneck Woman), Dierks Bentley (What was I thinking?), Big and Rich (Save a horse, ride a cowboy), and some new guy opening all did well. My roots when I was a kid were country, and at 37 going on 38, well, wouldn't mind more of it. Jake likes country, and it's guitar playing!! I have over the years listened to it in a social setting, so I know country basically well. But now, rethinking about maybe pursueing it as far as playing. PPL really like it. Rock has gotten away from the good time vibe since the early 90's, and country embraces that vibe Good Time Rock used to. When I was there in the Stadium, seeing all the BEAUTIFUL WOMEN, and PPL having a great time, reminded me of seeing REO S/W, Night Ranger, Motley, all the great bands of the 80's. So, plan to see more concerts like this. I recommend it!!


For some reason or the other, I can't stand the male country artists! It seems to me that the females are ten times more talented than the males. My wife and I are huge fans of Sara Evans and Martina McBride, but my country selection is very, very limited.

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1567
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: San Luis Rey, California

Re: What concerts are you attending this summer?

Postby Deansolo » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:10 pm

Playing Country can be alot of fun! I've played quite a bit of country. As you mentioned a lot of women like it. And there's some really great country guitar players out now.....Keith Urban, Brad Paisley to name a couple.

Learning even a little bit of the style is really a bonus to your skills as a guitar player.

Little anecdote: I used to know this older guy back in the day that played Dobro in a country / bluegrass band. His band mostly played at coffeehouses and that kind of thing, You know, open mic nights. Every now and again he'd invite me and my g/f to go see them play. I'd bring my guitar 'cuz he'd always invite me up to sit in on a Byrds tune that they "countrified". It sounded really cool when I'd throw some "major pentatonic" rock licks into the mix. It was lots of fun. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: adelaide, Australia

Re: What concerts are you attending this summer?

Postby Rock » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:26 am

Man, if I could see any band right now, I would love to see Buckcherry. They are touring over in your world right now, but I cant see them here too soon. :(

But am going to see Black Label Society in a couple on months, should be good.
:)

Killer of Giants
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: france

Re: What concerts are you attending this summer?

Postby Fakeblue » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:02 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:No interesting gigs here -sigh-


Same here-nobody I really want to see. Plus I'm paying off my last vacation along with some other bills.

now if Jake decided to play somewhere, that would be different... :)

I personaly feel that I would not go too far away anymore to see a player I admire. ten years ago if someone told me Marty Friedman is playing in PAris then I would just run to the train station but today...I do'nt know...I'm different...


I've gotten on an airplane to go to a few shows. My friends are scattered around the country, so we pick a cool spot and meet up there and turn it into a real vacation. I've been to California and Las Vegas for shows, and it was alot of fun-did lots of sightseeing in Cali and Vegas is VEGAS!! 8) I like to travel anyway.


I may like to travel....but....in the USA the plane tickets have a normal price....here they are outrageously expensive.

I remember 10 years ago I went to see Gamma Ray in Paris. It was a very small stage, not two feet from the floor ! I could shake Kay Hansen hand and it was magic. He was so close to the crowd. When they started the gig, he stood right in front of me ! I remember seeing him smiling because I looked like is I saw an extra-terrestrian.

Before Gamma Ray was a band called Thunderhead. Not too bad. They ended the show by coming back on the stage totally naked. one of them wrote I lonve Paris on his ass. lol so much fun except I had to sleep in the streets but ho well.....it worthed it


For some reason I've never been able to get into Gamma Ray that much. I wouldn't mind seeing them live though, as long as they kept their clothes on that is! :lol:

Have you ever seen Within Temptation live in France?


Lol I wish you can see them one day, they are truly good on stage. Maybe not as good as Hellowen was, but they rock. No I haven't seen Within Temptation. I actually never heard of them. Are they a French band ? I am not paying a lot of attention to the french meral stuff. to a fault, I guess.....

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: What concerts are you attending this summer?

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:58 am

Fakeblue wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:No interesting gigs here -sigh-


Same here-nobody I really want to see. Plus I'm paying off my last vacation along with some other bills.

now if Jake decided to play somewhere, that would be different... :)

I personaly feel that I would not go too far away anymore to see a player I admire. ten years ago if someone told me Marty Friedman is playing in PAris then I would just run to the train station but today...I do'nt know...I'm different...


I've gotten on an airplane to go to a few shows. My friends are scattered around the country, so we pick a cool spot and meet up there and turn it into a real vacation. I've been to California and Las Vegas for shows, and it was alot of fun-did lots of sightseeing in Cali and Vegas is VEGAS!! 8) I like to travel anyway.


I may like to travel....but....in the USA the plane tickets have a normal price....here they are outrageously expensive.

I remember 10 years ago I went to see Gamma Ray in Paris. It was a very small stage, not two feet from the floor ! I could shake Kay Hansen hand and it was magic. He was so close to the crowd. When they started the gig, he stood right in front of me ! I remember seeing him smiling because I looked like is I saw an extra-terrestrian.

Before Gamma Ray was a band called Thunderhead. Not too bad. They ended the show by coming back on the stage totally naked. one of them wrote I lonve Paris on his ass. lol so much fun except I had to sleep in the streets but ho well.....it worthed it


For some reason I've never been able to get into Gamma Ray that much. I wouldn't mind seeing them live though, as long as they kept their clothes on that is! :lol:

Have you ever seen Within Temptation live in France?


Lol I wish you can see them one day, they are truly good on stage. Maybe not as good as Hellowen was, but they rock. No I haven't seen Within Temptation. I actually never heard of them. Are they a French band ? I am not paying a lot of attention to the french meral stuff. to a fault, I guess.....


You know, I'm not quite sure where they're from. They're not French though. Actually, I don't know if I've ever heard a French band! :D

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: What concerts are you attending this summer?

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:26 am

Rock wrote:Man, if I could see any band right now, I would love to see Buckcherry. They are touring over in your world right now, but I cant see them here too soon. :(

But am going to see Black Label Society in a couple on months, should be good.
:)


Buckcherry seemed to vanish for awhile, but they're gaining popularity again for sure.

Moderator
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: League City, TX

Re: What concerts are you attending this summer?

Postby Fretman » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:42 pm

I'm going to Vegas in a few weeks and there's not one good band playing while I'm there. I'm thinking of calling up Jake to see if he'll play a small club one of those nights. I'll let ya'll know if it works out. :wink:

Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 884
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: England

Re: What concerts are you attending this summer?

Postby skezza » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:28 pm

Maiden are at the Birmingham NEC arena in December, cudnt get tickets though :(

Killer of Giants
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: france

Re: What concerts are you attending this summer?

Postby Fakeblue » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:34 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:No interesting gigs here -sigh-


Same here-nobody I really want to see. Plus I'm paying off my last vacation along with some other bills.

now if Jake decided to play somewhere, that would be different... :)

I personaly feel that I would not go too far away anymore to see a player I admire. ten years ago if someone told me Marty Friedman is playing in PAris then I would just run to the train station but today...I do'nt know...I'm different...


I've gotten on an airplane to go to a few shows. My friends are scattered around the country, so we pick a cool spot and meet up there and turn it into a real vacation. I've been to California and Las Vegas for shows, and it was alot of fun-did lots of sightseeing in Cali and Vegas is VEGAS!! 8) I like to travel anyway.


I may like to travel....but....in the USA the plane tickets have a normal price....here they are outrageously expensive.

I remember 10 years ago I went to see Gamma Ray in Paris. It was a very small stage, not two feet from the floor ! I could shake Kay Hansen hand and it was magic. He was so close to the crowd. When they started the gig, he stood right in front of me ! I remember seeing him smiling because I looked like is I saw an extra-terrestrian.

Before Gamma Ray was a band called Thunderhead. Not too bad. They ended the show by coming back on the stage totally naked. one of them wrote I lonve Paris on his ass. lol so much fun except I had to sleep in the streets but ho well.....it worthed it


For some reason I've never been able to get into Gamma Ray that much. I wouldn't mind seeing them live though, as long as they kept their clothes on that is! :lol:

Have you ever seen Within Temptation live in France?


Lol I wish you can see them one day, they are truly good on stage. Maybe not as good as Hellowen was, but they rock. No I haven't seen Within Temptation. I actually never heard of them. Are they a French band ? I am not paying a lot of attention to the french meral stuff. to a fault, I guess.....


You know, I'm not quite sure where they're from. They're not French though. Actually, I don't know if I've ever heard a French band! :D

Well, we naver came up with great metal. A lot of people are very proud of that Paris based 80's band called Trust. Their song Antisocial was interpreted by Anthrax. They added some guitar and it sounded much better with Joey Belladona voice.

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: adelaide, Australia

Re: What concerts are you attending this summer?

Postby Rock » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:01 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Rock wrote:Man, if I could see any band right now, I would love to see Buckcherry. They are touring over in your world right now, but I cant see them here too soon. :(

But am going to see Black Label Society in a couple on months, should be good.
:)


Buckcherry seemed to vanish for awhile, but they're gaining popularity again for sure.


Yeh they just brought out a new album in april, after 4 yrs, with only 2 original members, that being Josh Todd on vox and Keef Nelson on guitar. IMO I think they sound alot tougher. :)

Image

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: What concerts are you attending this summer?

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:33 am

Rock wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Rock wrote:Man, if I could see any band right now, I would love to see Buckcherry. They are touring over in your world right now, but I cant see them here too soon. :(

But am going to see Black Label Society in a couple on months, should be good.
:)


Buckcherry seemed to vanish for awhile, but they're gaining popularity again for sure.


Yeh they just brought out a new album in april, after 4 yrs, with only 2 original members, that being Josh Todd on vox and Keef Nelson on guitar. IMO I think they sound alot tougher. :)

Image


Well, people can either like em' or hate em', but you have to give them credit for attempting to bring true rock n roll back for sure! :wink:

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: What concerts are you attending this summer?

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:35 am

Fakeblue wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:No interesting gigs here -sigh-


Same here-nobody I really want to see. Plus I'm paying off my last vacation along with some other bills.

now if Jake decided to play somewhere, that would be different... :)

I personaly feel that I would not go too far away anymore to see a player I admire. ten years ago if someone told me Marty Friedman is playing in PAris then I would just run to the train station but today...I do'nt know...I'm different...


I've gotten on an airplane to go to a few shows. My friends are scattered around the country, so we pick a cool spot and meet up there and turn it into a real vacation. I've been to California and Las Vegas for shows, and it was alot of fun-did lots of sightseeing in Cali and Vegas is VEGAS!! 8) I like to travel anyway.


I may like to travel....but....in the USA the plane tickets have a normal price....here they are outrageously expensive.

I remember 10 years ago I went to see Gamma Ray in Paris. It was a very small stage, not two feet from the floor ! I could shake Kay Hansen hand and it was magic. He was so close to the crowd. When they started the gig, he stood right in front of me ! I remember seeing him smiling because I looked like is I saw an extra-terrestrian.

Before Gamma Ray was a band called Thunderhead. Not too bad. They ended the show by coming back on the stage totally naked. one of them wrote I lonve Paris on his ass. lol so much fun except I had to sleep in the streets but ho well.....it worthed it


For some reason I've never been able to get into Gamma Ray that much. I wouldn't mind seeing them live though, as long as they kept their clothes on that is! :lol:

Have you ever seen Within Temptation live in France?


Lol I wish you can see them one day, they are truly good on stage. Maybe not as good as Hellowen was, but they rock. No I haven't seen Within Temptation. I actually never heard of them. Are they a French band ? I am not paying a lot of attention to the french meral stuff. to a fault, I guess.....


You know, I'm not quite sure where they're from. They're not French though. Actually, I don't know if I've ever heard a French band! :D

Well, we naver came up with great metal. A lot of people are very proud of that Paris based 80's band called Trust. Their song Antisocial was interpreted by Anthrax. They added some guitar and it sounded much better with Joey Belladona voice.


I honestly didn't know that song was a remake! Interesting....

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest