What concerts are you attending this summer?

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: What concerts are you attending this summer?

Postby Doobie » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:59 pm

Don't know if I'll attend or not but, Pat Travers is here next Fri. and the Nuge next Saturday. Outdoor fest going on all next weekend. Judging by the volume of Ted's previous concerts I'll probably be able to hear him from my back yard if I decide to stay home. Yikes!

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:51 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:No interesting gigs here -sigh-

Same here-nobody I really want to see. Plus I'm paying off my last vacation along with some other bills.

now if Jake decided to play somewhere, that would be different... )

I personaly feel that I would not go too far away anymore to see a player I admire. ten years ago if someone told me Marty Friedman is playing in PAris then I would just run to the train station but today...I do'nt know...I'm different...

I've gotten on an airplane to go to a few shows. My friends are scattered around the country, so we pick a cool spot and meet up there and turn it into a real vacation. I've been to California and Las Vegas for shows, and it was alot of fun-did lots of sightseeing in Cali and Vegas is VEGAS!! 8) I like to travel anyway.

I may like to travel....but....in the USA the plane tickets have a normal price....here they are outrageously expensive.

I remember 10 years ago I went to see Gamma Ray in Paris. It was a very small stage, not two feet from the floor ! I could shake Kay Hansen hand and it was magic. He was so close to the crowd. When they started the gig, he stood right in front of me ! I remember seeing him smiling because I looked like is I saw an extra-terrestrian.

Before Gamma Ray was a band called Thunderhead. Not too bad. They ended the show by coming back on the stage totally naked. one of them wrote I lonve Paris on his ass. lol so much fun except I had to sleep in the streets but ho well.....it worthed it

For some reason I've never been able to get into Gamma Ray that much. I wouldn't mind seeing them live though, as long as they kept their clothes on that is! lol

Have you ever seen Within Temptation live in France?

Lol I wish you can see them one day, they are truly good on stage. Maybe not as good as Hellowen was, but they rock. No I haven't seen Within Temptation. I actually never heard of them. Are they a French band ? I am not paying a lot of attention to the french meral stuff. to a fault, I guess.....

You know, I'm not quite sure where they're from. They're not French though. Actually, I don't know if I've ever heard a French band! D

Well, we naver came up with great metal. A lot of people are very proud of that Paris based 80's band called Trust. Their song Antisocial was interpreted by Anthrax. They added some guitar and it sounded much better with Joey Belladona voice.

I honestly didn't know that song was a remake! Interesting....
Oh yeah! Pat Travers and the Nuge!....I'd go see 'em both! :D
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:45 am

Doobie wrote:Don't know if I'll attend or not but, Pat Travers is here next Fri. and the Nuge next Saturday. Outdoor fest going on all next weekend. Judging by the volume of Ted's previous concerts I'll probably be able to hear him from my back yard if I decide to stay home. Yikes!

I think that would be a great show! I'd go if I were you Doob!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:20 am

"Boom boom ........" Not one of my faves.
I could stand to see the Nuge again, though.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:53 pm

Doobie wrote:"Boom boom ........" Not one of my faves.

I like ol' Ted! :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:57 pm

Doobie wrote:"Boom boom ........" Not one of my faves.

Pat Travers is alot more than just "Boom Boom"...Trust me, the guy can rock!

You should go! :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Jiver » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:56 pm

Little anecdote: I used to know this older guy back in the day that played Dobro in a country / bluegrass band. His band mostly played at coffeehouses and that kind of thing, You know, open mic nights. Every now and again he'd invite me and my g/f to go see them play. I'd bring my guitar 'cuz he'd always invite me up to sit in on a Byrds tune that they "countrified". It sounded really cool when I'd throw some "major pentatonic" rock licks into the mix. It was lots of fun.-From DeanSolo...

Yep, the lines btwn country and rock are close. Just listen to some of the modern pickers; they are really good, and playing with a clean tone is not as easy as one would think. I am really impressed with the musicianship overall.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:25 am

Deansolo wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:No interesting gigs here -sigh-

Same here-nobody I really want to see. Plus I'm paying off my last vacation along with some other bills.

now if Jake decided to play somewhere, that would be different... )

I personaly feel that I would not go too far away anymore to see a player I admire. ten years ago if someone told me Marty Friedman is playing in PAris then I would just run to the train station but today...I do'nt know...I'm different...

I've gotten on an airplane to go to a few shows. My friends are scattered around the country, so we pick a cool spot and meet up there and turn it into a real vacation. I've been to California and Las Vegas for shows, and it was alot of fun-did lots of sightseeing in Cali and Vegas is VEGAS!! 8) I like to travel anyway.

I may like to travel....but....in the USA the plane tickets have a normal price....here they are outrageously expensive.

I remember 10 years ago I went to see Gamma Ray in Paris. It was a very small stage, not two feet from the floor ! I could shake Kay Hansen hand and it was magic. He was so close to the crowd. When they started the gig, he stood right in front of me ! I remember seeing him smiling because I looked like is I saw an extra-terrestrian.

Before Gamma Ray was a band called Thunderhead. Not too bad. They ended the show by coming back on the stage totally naked. one of them wrote I lonve Paris on his ass. lol so much fun except I had to sleep in the streets but ho well.....it worthed it

For some reason I've never been able to get into Gamma Ray that much. I wouldn't mind seeing them live though, as long as they kept their clothes on that is! lol

Have you ever seen Within Temptation live in France?

Lol I wish you can see them one day, they are truly good on stage. Maybe not as good as Hellowen was, but they rock. No I haven't seen Within Temptation. I actually never heard of them. Are they a French band ? I am not paying a lot of attention to the french meral stuff. to a fault, I guess.....

You know, I'm not quite sure where they're from. They're not French though. Actually, I don't know if I've ever heard a French band! D

Well, we naver came up with great metal. A lot of people are very proud of that Paris based 80's band called Trust. Their song Antisocial was interpreted by Anthrax. They added some guitar and it sounded much better with Joey Belladona voice.

I honestly didn't know that song was a remake! Interesting....
Oh yeah! Pat Travers and the Nuge!....I'd go see 'em both! :D

Love to see the nuge...didnt sebastian Bach do something with him or is going to, correct me if I am wrong, I remember hearing something somewhere. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:57 am

Yeah. . . I think that was part of the "SuperGroup" thread which devolved to rumor, shits and giggles. I think Sebastian Bach and GONZO would be pretty killer together, but I would really rather hear Ted screaming if he's goin' to play! Know what I mean?! By the same token, I'd be satisfied with the opportunity to merely converse with Ted.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:37 pm

I prefer Ted with the guitar as opposed to a conversationist.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:10 am

Doobie wrote:I prefer Ted with the guitar as opposed to a conversationist.

:lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:38 pm

Again, don't know if I'll attend due to ticket prices but, it will probably be the last time I'll have the chance to see them. The Rolling Stones, Churchill Downs, Louisville, Kentucky. Fri., Sept. 29th. Tickets $60-$300. Gunna be some scalpin' goin' on 'round hyar - you can bank on that. Pretty cool that they've picked Churchill Downs for the show, though.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:47 pm

Doobie wrote:Again, don't know if I'll attend due to ticket prices but, it will probably be the last time I'll have the chance to see them. The Rolling Stones, Churchill Downs, Louisville, Kentucky. Fri., Sept. 29th. Tickets $60-$300. Gunna be some scalpin' goin' on 'round hyar - you can bank on that. Pretty cool that they've picked Churchill Downs for the show, though.

Yeah, I'm surprised that the Kentucky folk are allowing that to happen. Isn't Churchill Downs a pretty sacred place?

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:56 pm

i might see Slayer sometime in October(I think it was October anyway) 8)

Hey .. October is not summer :(

:P
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:54 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Doobie wrote:Again, don't know if I'll attend due to ticket prices but, it will probably be the last time I'll have the chance to see them. The Rolling Stones, Churchill Downs, Louisville, Kentucky. Fri., Sept. 29th. Tickets $60-$300. Gunna be some scalpin' goin' on 'round hyar - you can bank on that. Pretty cool that they've picked Churchill Downs for the show, though.

Yeah, I'm surprised that the Kentucky folk are allowing that to happen. Isn't Churchill Downs a pretty sacred place?

Yea, pretty sacred. However, they do trash it at Derby time so I guess they figure "what the hell? Bring on the Stones".

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...