What concerts are you attending this summer?

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Re: What concerts are you attending this summer?

Postby Fretman » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:41 pm

MetalHead wrote:i might see Slayer sometime in October(I think it was October anyway) 8)

Hey .. October is not summer :(

:P

Is Slayer playing at Churchill Downs too? :lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:46 am

I might be able to see Black Label Society in Nov... If the venue isn't only for people who are over 21 years of age. I wanna meet Zakk Wylde before he dies of old age, or becomes Ozzy. :lol:
"Hahaha, you don't see rockstars with straight A's in high school and such," says johnthebrucelee. "Actually, that only goes to show that playin' guitar ain't rocket science," Deansolo remarked. ;)

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:16 am

johnthebrucelee wrote:I might be able to see Black Label Society in Nov... If the venue isn't only for people who are over 21 years of age. I wanna meet Zakk Wylde before he dies of old age, or becomes Ozzy. :lol:

Hahahahaha! :lol:
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:31 am

The Stones @ Churchill must be a big deal - today's paper, front page, top story. It probably would have been better to put the ridiculous ever-increasing rate of gas there instead. But, hey! We have our priorities in order in this part of the country!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:43 am

No offense Doob, but what the heck is so special about the Rolling Stones anyway? I never got what people see in that band. Anyone care to enlighten me?

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:45 am

Doobie wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Doobie wrote:Again, don't know if I'll attend due to ticket prices but, it will probably be the last time I'll have the chance to see them. The Rolling Stones, Churchill Downs, Louisville, Kentucky. Fri., Sept. 29th. Tickets $60-$300. Gunna be some scalpin' goin' on 'round hyar - you can bank on that. Pretty cool that they've picked Churchill Downs for the show, though.

Yeah, I'm surprised that the Kentucky folk are allowing that to happen. Isn't Churchill Downs a pretty sacred place?

Yea, pretty sacred. However, they do trash it at Derby time so I guess they figure "what the hell? Bring on the Stones".

Churchill probably isn't as sacred as Rupp Arena though! :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:16 pm

it's possible that the original Testament line-up is coming to Sweden,
atleast they're doing some european dates so I'm keeping my
fingers crossed :D
Last edited by MetalHead on Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:32 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Doobie wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Doobie wrote:Again, don't know if I'll attend due to ticket prices but, it will probably be the last time I'll have the chance to see them. The Rolling Stones, Churchill Downs, Louisville, Kentucky. Fri., Sept. 29th. Tickets $60-$300. Gunna be some scalpin' goin' on 'round hyar - you can bank on that. Pretty cool that they've picked Churchill Downs for the show, though.

Yeah, I'm surprised that the Kentucky folk are allowing that to happen. Isn't Churchill Downs a pretty sacred place?

Yea, pretty sacred. However, they do trash it at Derby time so I guess they figure "what the hell? Bring on the Stones".

I guess that would depend upon whom you ask. Louisville fans would argue with you. As would I, a Hoosier who would much rather spend the day at Churchill looking at horses asses rather than the horses asses at Rupp. Just kidding about the horses, they and Churchill are both beautiful.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:04 pm

I have a Stones ticket (pre-sale).
Found this amusing: Students who show an ID get $20 off the ticket price. Shouldn't The Stones offer a senior citizens discount instead??!!!!

Postby Fretman » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:10 pm

I saw an add on VH1 for a concert I won't be attending....Poison/Cinderella. I'll let CubsFan tell me how it was.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:38 pm

Just found out Alice Cooper will be opening for The Stones @ Churchill. Thank goodness! One of the opening acts in other cities is Kanye West - WTF?? Another possible I was worrying about was Dave Matthews. I'll take Alice!! Whew! *wipes forehead*

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:53 am

Doobie wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Doobie wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:

I guess that would depend upon whom you ask. Louisville fans would argue with you. As would I, a Hoosier who would much rather spend the day at Churchill looking at horses asses rather than the horses asses at Rupp. Just kidding about the horses, they and Churchill are both beautiful.

I figured you were a Hoosier fan! I'm a Wildcats fan myself, so I wanted to get some sort of reaction from you! :lol: :wink:

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:54 am

MetalHead wrote:it's possible that the original Testament line-up is coming to Sweden,
atleast they're doing some european dates so I'm keeping my
fingers crossed :D

That would be cool! I'd like to see them and the Belladonna era Anthrax tour together! I think Megadeth, Testament, and Anthrax should do another Clash of the Titans Tour! \nn/ Metal Church should get thrown into the mix for good measure too!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:16 pm

Hangin' out at the beach yesterday, I saw a poster. Check out the headliners for fun. ( if you will) flaglermusicfestival.com

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:12 pm

Got tickets to see Kix-anyone remember them? They're hometown boys, so the place will be packed. 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...