What concerts are you attending this summer?

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Re: What concerts are you attending this summer?

Postby Fretman » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:03 pm

Gutterflower wrote:Got tickets to see Kix-anyone remember them? They're hometown boys, so the place will be packed. 8)

Don't close your eye-eeee-eyes......

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:32 am

Gutterflower wrote:Got tickets to see Kix-anyone remember them? They're hometown boys, so the place will be packed. 8)

Yeah, I remember them. Cold Blood is one of my all time favorite hard rock songs! Let us know how the show goes.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:24 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote: Yeah, I remember them. Cold Blood is one of my all time favorite hard rock songs! Let us know how the show goes.

I'll write up a little review. This is their 25th Anniversary Reunion tour. They'll play all of their old hits that I love: Midnite Dynamite, Sex, Cold Shower, The Itch, Cool Kids, Red Hot, Lie Like A Rug to name a few. Rhino Bucket is opening for them...I remember them from the 80s, too.

This is the place they're playing:

www.stingerspub.com

Excellent food. A bunch of us are going for dinner and then staying for the show. :D

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:32 am

Gutterflower wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote: Yeah, I remember them. Cold Blood is one of my all time favorite hard rock songs! Let us know how the show goes.

I'll write up a little review. This is their 25th Anniversary Reunion tour. They'll play all of their old hits that I love: Midnite Dynamite, Sex, Cold Shower, The Itch, Cool Kids, Red Hot, Lie Like A Rug to name a few. Rhino Bucket is opening for them...I remember them from the 80s, too.

This is the place they're playing:

www.stingerspub.com

Excellent food. A bunch of us are going for dinner and then staying for the show. :D

I didn't much care for the Cool Kids album, but I dug the others.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby matty35 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:19 pm

going to see Y&T in october..
& michael schenker in november..

both are playing at the same venue, which is about 30 mins drive away..

cheers

matty..

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:36 pm

This past Holiday Weekend/Labor Day I saw those Bluesy "heavy" Hard Rockin' TESLA boys at the State Fair Cal EXPO just this past Friday/Sept 1, 2006 it was my first Concert of this year 2006 and they kicked major buns! Awesome, bad ass Blues/Hard Rock Cowboys they are: it was nice seeing them for the lst time and the atmosphere was "warm" and total electricity from the moment their grace the stage w/a song called "Comeing at You Live" to the finale finish w/a song titled "Edison Madison" something like that! I liked their whole Concert set and was very happy & pleased their performed "Into the Now, Heaven's Trail (bad as Cowboy song) and Modern Cowboy" etc.,. I like Keiths powerful raspy Vocals he has a beautiful/and speaking voice as well! The band totally Trailblazed and their outstanding live performance is very much enraptured to Heart. 8) :o 8O Sizzle Hot, Wow! I realized one of the origionals were not present/can't think of his name (I think his name is Skeoch/his gorgeous he looks like sunshine just a bit that bad*boy from the Badlands Vocalist/Ray Gillen) and his my favorite one...-I am a fairly new fan of TESLA & their names are sorta of unusual to me. Let's see there's Frank Hanna (the bad ass blonde Guitarists/that changes his hats!), Keith (Vocalist), Lucky (Drummer/his name is difficult...-totol powerhouse Drummer), Wheat (the throw down Bassist!), Skeoch (Guitarist) he was not present their was a musician by the name of Dave (my God he'd looked liked him somewhat) that was there to help with the Show. It was fantastic. Before the TESLA Concert Event started there was a "Air Guitar" Contest two males and a female and guess who won...-the Girl did she Air Guitar to AC/DC "Back In Black" better then the guys. :D That was cool! Peace.

Postby Fretman » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:33 pm

Yep...Tesla has always put on a good show.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:22 pm

Shadow wrote:This past Holiday Weekend/Labor Day I saw those Bluesy "heavy" Hard Rockin' TESLA boys at the State Fair Cal EXPO just this past Friday/Sept 1, 2006 it was my first Concert of this year 2006 and they kicked major buns! Awesome, bad ass Blues/Hard Rock Cowboys they are: it was nice seeing them for the lst time and the atmosphere was "warm" and total electricity from the moment their grace the stage w/a song called "Comeing at You Live" to the finale finish w/a song titled "Edison Madison" something like that! I liked their whole Concert set and was very happy & pleased their performed "Into the Now, Heaven's Trail (bad as Cowboy song) and Modern Cowboy" etc.,. I like Keiths powerful raspy Vocals he has a beautiful/and speaking voice as well! The band totally Trailblazed and their outstanding live performance is very much enraptured to Heart. 8) :o 8O Sizzle Hot, Wow! I realized one of the origionals were not present/can't think of his name (I think his name is Skeoch/his gorgeous he looks like sunshine just a bit that bad*boy from the Badlands Vocalist/Ray Gillen) and his my favorite one...-I am a fairly new fan of TESLA & their names are sorta of unusual to me. Let's see there's Frank Hanna (the bad ass blonde Guitarists/that changes his hats!), Keith (Vocalist), Lucky (Drummer/his name is difficult...-totol powerhouse Drummer), Wheat (the throw down Bassist!), Skeoch (Guitarist) he was not present their was a musician by the name of Dave (my God he'd looked liked him somewhat) that was there to help with the Show. It was fantastic. Before the TESLA Concert Event started there was a "Air Guitar" Contest two males and a female and guess who won...-the Girl did she Air Guitar to AC/DC "Back In Black" better then the guys. :D That was cool! Peace.

Hey, Shadow...I have a friend who lives in Citrus Heights and she and her hubby went to this show. It was free, which was nice :wink:

Tommy Skeoch is the one who was missing-I think he might still be in rehab...but she said Frank was still the Mad Hatter! He is one badASS guitar player...and easy on the eyes as well!

The one and only time that I saw Badlands was on a bill with Great White and Tesla. I saw Tesla a couple of years ago in a place called the Recher Theater in Towson, MD. They ROCKED the house...and Tommy was still with them then, I got one of his picks. :D

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:54 am

Yeah, I've always heard that Tesla was/is a great live band to see. I'd like to check them out myself sometime. Heaven's Trail and Little Suzi are hardrock favorites of mine! \nn/

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:47 am

Poets - I believe it was you that wanted to see this review (set list is on the right hand side of the page): http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbc ... /0/SCENE04

I didn't end up going - long story, that one. However, everyone I talked to said it was absolutely great. Mick didn't stand still for a second. Stage was great. Sounded great. And on and on and on. Only complaints I heard were pertaining to the way Churchill Downs handled some of the situations - single lines coming in and leaving the concert (my sister and her boyfriend ended up climbing a fence to get out), bathrooms were not adequate. Alice Cooper played about an hour and a half, was excellent, wore the make-up and the snake.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:05 am

Thanks Doob, I'll check it out.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby matty35 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:42 am

just got back from Y&T gig....brilliant stuff, long live 80s metal/rock!!

cheers

matty.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:20 am

Found this thread buried, and I thought I'd bump it up...

So, what concerts are you going to this summer?

I've got the Virgin (Airlines) Festival at Pimlico (Baltimore) in August and what I call the Goo Trifecta in July: Goo Goo Dolls in Baltimore, Jones Beach (Long Island, NY) and Boston. :twisted: 8 of my friends and I will be meeting up in NY for that one.

If the Lovehammers tour anywhere near me, I'm THERE! :P I'd also like to catch a Heaven and Hell show sometime - I heard/read that after they tour Europe, they'll be back in the USA in the fall.

How about the rest of you - what concert plans do you have coming up?

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:14 am

Ach! Knew I shouldn't have cut off all of my hair - sure would come in handy if attending this one!

Aug. 15
Verizon Wireless Music Center
Noblesville, IN
Poison
Dokken
Sebastian Bach

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:53 am

Iron Maiden, Cyndi Lauper, Nightwish (really fall, but who cares?)

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...