C.C. Deville

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

C.C. Deville

Postby harddriver » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:05 pm

Ok il admit it guys im a big fan of the Glam Rock Era bands and i love the music and attitude that existed back then. I know there are some guitar players the post on here alot and i was just wandering what you all think of C.C. as a guitarest ( style, Technique etc..... ) ive seen Poison live several times ( im not gay :lol: ) and i thought he was pretty decent. So go ahead Jake fans and tell me what you think of ol C.C. Man am i bored today :lol:

All Access Member

Re: C.C. Deville

Postby Stargazer » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:42 pm

Honestly I think C.C is a crappy guitarist but a pretty good songwriter.

Postby Fretman » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:17 pm

I'm not a big fan of his guitar playing. Nothing he plays is overly challenging or intersting to me...just my opinion.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:58 pm

Fretman wrote:I'm not a big fan of his guitar playing. Nothing he plays is overly challenging or intersting to me...just my opinion.

Yep, i tend to agree with that, and the one thing that still burns in my mind to this day, from when I saw then in '89, is the crappy non-sense 30 min solo he did at the concert. Was the longest most random dribble I have ever witnessed, and since that day, that lost it for me with C.C.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:29 pm

That is totally gay and very non-metal. :D

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:55 pm

Hard Driver, I can't believe you listen to that glam rock s#@t! :-) Just kidding! I grew up listening to that stuff as well, and still listen to it from time to time. I never thought Poison was a very good band, but they did put on a fun show. I believe they still do from what I hear.

As for CC, I think he's your basic, everyday rock guitarist. I really enjoyed the rawness of CC's work on the 1986 Look What The Cat Dragged In release. IMO, Poison slicked their sound out too much from there on out.

There are a few "glam" bands that I think were actually pretty darn good musicians though. Cinderella and Winger naming a couple of my favorites. People can say all they want to about Winger, but overall, they were a talented band. Kip and his ballet kicks and white ass teeth are what killed that band! :-)

Another band that came from that era and totally kicked ass in my opinion is Extreme! Nuno plays some on the latest Iron Maiden Tribute, so you might want to check that out. Vito Bratta and White Lion come to mind as well.

The glam rock image was a short lived stint during the 80s, but some of the musicians suffered due to that. If a person can get past the hair, lipstick, and posing he/she might find some pretty decent musicians.

That's just my two cents worth....

All Access Member

Postby Stargazer » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:27 pm

And than there were hair bands that you wouldn't exactly call glam like Dokken which had amazing musicians and vocals! :D

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:51 pm

thats right George is a rippin player with alot of soul the same goes for warren DiMartini and vivian Cambel and doug aldrich and a boat load of other guitar plaers from that era
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:07 pm

stratattack wrote:thats right George is a rippin player with alot of soul the same goes for warren DiMartini and vivian Cambel and doug aldrich and a boat load of other guitar plaers from that era

Yeh they fkn rock, Doug Aldrich is a fave of mine, killing the dragon with Dio is one of his best efforts to date, love his style. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:45 pm

mrmetal wrote:That is totally gay and very non-metal. :D

+1000.........Cadillac Coupe De Ville :roll:

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:49 pm

Get ready America it was just anounced that Poison will be embarking on a 20th aniversary tour this summer 8) I know you will all be getting tickets :lol: Mrmetal will be in the front row :lol: just kidding

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:04 am

but dnt u think that it was about guitar, that music made the likes of jake e lee, warren di martini an so on...we wouldnt hav heros if it wernt 4 glam rock!!!... i mean name the vertuous guitarists in modern bands!

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:36 am

I agree with you on that one Chrisk 8) That era produced some of the best Guitarest , vocalists and musicians to ever walk the earth. Not to mention the live performances in the late early 80s to the early 90s will never be matched. Todays music sucks.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:07 am

harddriver wrote:I agree with you on that one Chrisk 8) That era produced some of the best Guitarest , vocalists and musicians to ever walk the earth. Not to mention the live performances in the late early 80s to the early 90s will never be matched. Todays music sucks.

UHHH...WRONG! Some of the players out now make the 80s and 90s look like child's play. You need to do some research.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:59 am

crisguitar wrote:but dnt u think that it was about guitar, that music made the likes of jake e lee, warren di martini an so on...we wouldnt hav heros if it wernt 4 glam rock!!!... i mean name the vertuous guitarists in modern bands!

it's all Eddies fault :P
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Next

Return to Free for all...