C.C. Deville

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: C.C. Deville

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:43 am

harddriver wrote:Dont feel bad chris im right there with ya buddy 8) Todays bands lack any kind of originality or style or anything for that matter. All the songs sound the same they all get a few piercings and tatoos and shave there heads and they think they are rock gods. They always wander why record sales are down well maybe its because there is hardly anything worth buying anymore.

Hard Driver my man, read the following.

Mr.Metal, Fretman, and I are going to attempt to change your perspective on this subject. The following is a website to check out, because the owner has posted MP3 samples....smart man!

www.cdinzane.com

Here's a few bands to start you out with: Symphony X, Angra, Masterplan, Ark, Rhapsody, and Luca Turilli. I'm being serious, so check out this stuff. I think you'll dig it!

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:47 am

ok
yeh i admit i mite just be blind to modern music but im only blind because i have yet to hear the guitarist or band that makes me think WOW i have never heard that b4..thank u mrmetal but i really will stick to my guns on this 1 as a well known c.c deville an cru, once wrote!

an cheers harddriver its good to have another tru fan out ther

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:50 am

Is Ark still around? I heard they called it quits, don't know if that is right or not.

You forgot Evergrey. ;)

Rob Johnson plays in Magnitude 9 and I think they have a new one coming out soon. That guy is phenomenal.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:03 am

Im just talking about the mainstream music of today not music in general.Im sure there are some real good bands out there and really talented musicians who i have never heard of but i would like to. I have to watch myself sometimes with what i say and type sometimes and rememeber that these are my opinions and views only and i never confuse them for being facts :? So i guess when i say todays music sucks i should be a little more specific and say that todays mainstream music sucks IMO. Im sorry dudes im just stuck in the 80s and early 90s when it comes to rock n roll and heavy metal :cry: i miss it so much :cry: but they say what comes around goes around so maybe the cycle is almost complete. :? Ok so i have no idea what im talking about so il just say this JAKE.E.LEE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:05 am

Im just talking about the mainstream music of today not music in general.Im sure there are some real good bands out there and really talented musicians who i have never heard of but i would like to. I have to watch myself sometimes with what i say and type sometimes and rememeber that these are my opinions and views only and i never confuse them for being facts :? So i guess when i say todays music sucks i should be a little more specific and say that todays mainstream music sucks IMO. Im sorry dudes im just stuck in the 80s and early 90s when it comes to rock n roll and heavy metal :cry: i miss it so much :cry: but they say what comes around goes around so maybe the cycle is almost complete. :? Ok so i have no idea what im talking about so il just say this JAKE.E.LEE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:40 am

harddriver wrote:Im just talking about the mainstream music of today not music in general.Im sure there are some real good bands out there and really talented musicians who i have never heard of but i would like to. I have to watch myself sometimes with what i say and type sometimes and rememeber that these are my opinions and views only and i never confuse them for being facts :? So i guess when i say todays music sucks i should be a little more specific and say that todays mainstream music sucks IMO. Im sorry dudes im just stuck in the 80s and early 90s when it comes to rock n roll and heavy metal :cry: i miss it so much :cry: but they say what comes around goes around so maybe the cycle is almost complete. :? Ok so i have no idea what im talking about so il just say this JAKE.E.LEE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear you brother. I miss it too. But, I am getting older and I don't want to be one of those old farts longing for the glory days of past. :D So I try to keep up with what is going on.

Postby Fretman » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:56 am

I just had a funny thought....CC Deville taking over one of the guitar slots in Evergrey. :lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:14 pm

i hope ur rite about the circle thing!...ill be leading the way m8!!!!!!!!!!! an yeh jake e lee rules!..harddriver

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:19 pm

Fretman wrote:I just had a funny thought....CC Deville taking over one of the guitar slots in Evergrey. :lol:

That isn't funny, that is sacrilege. :twisted:

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:25 pm

mrmetal wrote:Is Ark still around? I heard they called it quits, don't know if that is right or not.

You forgot Evergrey. ;)

Rob Johnson plays in Magnitude 9 and I think they have a new one coming out soon. That guy is phenomenal.

Ark isn't together anymore, but Burn the Sun is some crazy stuff! You seen Tore Ostby from Ark play with Conception at last year's ProgPower. He's who I was thinking of when I was throwing the band at Hard Driver.

Yeah, I'm still trying to get into Evergrey. What would you recommend me starting out with?

I remember that you said that you were a fan of them. They must have torn up ProgPower IV, because people still talk about their performance on the ProgPower Forum!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:31 pm

harddriver wrote:Im just talking about the mainstream music of today not music in general.Im sure there are some real good bands out there and really talented musicians who i have never heard of but i would like to. I have to watch myself sometimes with what i say and type sometimes and rememeber that these are my opinions and views only and i never confuse them for being facts :? So i guess when i say todays music sucks i should be a little more specific and say that todays mainstream music sucks IMO. Im sorry dudes im just stuck in the 80s and early 90s when it comes to rock n roll and heavy metal :cry: i miss it so much :cry: but they say what comes around goes around so maybe the cycle is almost complete. :? Ok so i have no idea what im talking about so il just say this JAKE.E.LEE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh make no mistake man, I think the "well known/mainstream" U.S. bands aren't very good with an exception to a few. I have to admit that I like Altar Bridge and Evanescence to name a couple.

I still love 80s hard rock/metal and listen to it very often. Heck, I was listening to Mr. Big's Lean Into It last night! :wink: That's one of the best melodic hard rock albums in my humble opinion! You don't have to apologize for being a fan of 80s hard rock to me, because that's where I cut my teeth on music as well. I'm only 29, so I'm not an old man here! :lol:

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:33 pm

Fretman wrote:I just had a funny thought....CC Deville taking over one of the guitar slots in Evergrey. :lol:

That's not funny, that's scary!!!! 8O

:D

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:51 pm

I would check out Search of Truth. That is my favorite, but I also like Inner Circle a lot. Evergrey is pretty awesome live. They pull the stuff off live that is one the albums. Very impressive.

Previous

Return to Free for all...