C.C. Deville

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: C.C. Deville

Postby Charvelised » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:00 am

When I met CC in 1990 he was total off his face as was the bassist I don't recall his name totally wasted, yet Cc seemed a decent chap but the bassist was a real Tw@t! If I remember the gig itself was really poor!

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:17 pm

Charvelised wrote:When I met CC in 1990 he was total off his face as was the bassist I don't recall his name totally wasted, yet Cc seemed a decent chap but the bassist was a real Tw@t! If I remember the gig itself was really poor!

Bobby Dahl......Barbie Doll.... :roll:

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:02 pm

Todays bands just lack the skill and musicianship that the glam bands had. Most of todays hard rock bands are studio creations and heck they even use turntables :lol: what a joke. Bring back the solos and the arenas and make the world a better place. 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:10 pm

harddriver wrote:Todays bands just lack the skill and musicianship that the glam bands had. Most of todays hard rock bands are studio creations and heck they even use turntables :lol: what a joke. Bring back the solos and the arenas and make the world a better place. 8)

Yeah, too many screamo bands, it's not even funny. I know there's people who like that kind of "music", I respect that. I personally don't enjoy screamo and prefer the old metal instead of the new metal going on now. BLS have good metal going on now. Now what happened to the Backsreet Boys.... :wink:

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:32 pm

harddriver wrote:Todays bands just lack the skill and musicianship that the glam bands had. Most of todays hard rock bands are studio creations and heck they even use turntables :lol: what a joke. Bring back the solos and the arenas and make the world a better place. 8)

This is an assumption on my part, but Mr. Metal probably isn't referring to the American mainstream bands.

Correct me if I'm wrong Metal. :D

Postby Fretman » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:50 pm

I would imagine Mr. Metal is talking about bands outside of the US like Evergrey who have rodies that can outplay CC. :o

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:56 pm

Fretman wrote:who have rodies that can outplay CC. :o

either C.C is bad or the roadies are good :D
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:17 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:

This is an assumption on my part, but Mr. Metal probably isn't referring to the American mainstream bands.

For the most part that is true. But not totally. You went to Prog Power, not all of those bands were from Europe. Glam is what killed metal in the first place, so I don't care for it too much.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby sonicbrew73 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:31 pm

I don't think there are too many great guitar players out there that got their start in the 90's. There are so many awesome guitarsists from the 80's. Yngwie, Michael Schenker, Randy Rhoads, John Norum, George Lynch, John Sykes, Adrian Vandenberg, Jake E. Lee, Tracii Guns, and the list goes on.. i agre with Harddriver 100%

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:55 pm

Damn Sonicbrew i like the way you think 8) We should hang out sometime and watch 80s videos and drink beer. :lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:32 am

in responce to the coment about 80's guitarists being child play!....have you noticed yet that jake e lee was part of that era an i admire him alot..yeh so they mite hav had crazzy cool hair and exentric dress sence, but dnt modern rockers have this greasy look about them,the long black hair and the black trivium t-shirts!..at least the 80's bands were individuals!
i guess i just love the 80's 2 much! :lol:

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:02 am

Dont feel bad chris im right there with ya buddy 8) Todays bands lack any kind of originality or style or anything for that matter. All the songs sound the same they all get a few piercings and tatoos and shave there heads and they think they are rock gods. They always wander why record sales are down well maybe its because there is hardly anything worth buying anymore.

Postby Fretman » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:01 am

I will always love the shredders from the 80s, but there are some bands and guitar players out there right now that can just plain rip, you just have to know where to look. There are a lot of bands that all sound the same as well. Unfortunately these are the bands being promoted and shoved down our throats by the machine. The best stuff out there isn't exactly radio friendly, unless you have XM, and even then it's scarce. Don't stop looking for good music because it's still out there. Mr. Metal has turned me on to some killer stuff I might not have found otherwise.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:26 am

I said that there are players out there that MAKE the 80s ans 90s era guitar playing look like child's play. I didn't say that it WAS child's play. Here is a hint, they don't play in Trivium.

crisguitar, harddriver, sonicbrew73 - I am sorry, but you guys are wrong. Screamo metal is not the only thing out there. I love the 80s era (Schenker, Vandenberg, Lee, Van Halen, Sykes, etc) as much as the next guy. Hell I was there, I grew up with it, but that was 20 freaking years ago.

Poets and Madman can tell you, he went to Atlanta last year to see Prog Power. The two guys in Angra, Kiko Loureiro and Rafael Bitteincourt, shredded some of the most amazing dual lead solos I have ever seen. Also, they are prolific songwriters.

There are many more out there as well. So many, that it is enough to make you want to give up playing because you know you will never be that good.

FYI, Kiko has a new solo album that is out with some outstanding guitar playing.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:36 am

mrmetal wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:

For the most part that is true. But not totally. You went to Prog Power, not all of those bands were from Europe. Glam is what killed metal in the first place, so I don't care for it too much.

Yeah, I understand. When I said American, I was refering to what's being played on the radios in America. I was thinking that Hard Driver thought you were refering to the Linkin Parks and PODs here in the states...

Never mind...I'm not making any sense! :lol:

You're right, because there's alot of talent here in the states. Michael Romeo, Rob Johnson, Chris Caffery, John Petruci, John Schaffer, and Nick Van Dyke to name a few.

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...