If Kip Winger looked like Lemmy .....................

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: If Kip Winger looked like Lemmy .....................

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:52 pm

I actually like Winger's stuff from all three albums. Pull will really surprise you because of how crunchy and heavy it is! Check out Junkyard Dog from the Pull album, then you may change your mind about them.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:16 pm

Doobie wrote: As for you, mrmetal ... you're not blond and you're not greasy-dirty-filthy-stinky looking. Feel bettah, now?

No, I am not blonde that is for sure, but you haven't seen what I look like after mowing the grass either. :wink:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Jiver » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:11 pm

Man, this is a great thread. Lemme put my .02 in : Was raised in Phoenix, saw all the "Glam", Hair movement back in the 80's. ICON was a Phx local band, Keel, and Jim Gillette, I believe, was from there as well. Anyway, 1992, I moved up to Ea. Washington, family reasons. Saw from a distance the Grunge Movement. IMO, every music era had it's good/bad pts. But I prefer the "Good" time era that was Hair Rock, whatever it's alluded to being. Poison was, and STILL IS, a great band, entertaining. Why are they, and others, Still around, selling out arenas? And sure, H/D had a good pt: What was the message they were putting out? Blow out your brains, etc..? Don't know what they were trying to convey in their music.

I like Alice in Chains the most from that era, but they really don't put themselves in that genre. For awhile they did, riding the wave. But now, they ride the same class as Heart. Soundgarden broke up 9 years ago, Chris Cornell is now in Audio Slave, Nirvana gone, Dave Grohl has his own group Foo Fighters(still think it's a stupid name for any group), Pearl Jam is more like Phish or the Dead, have that kind of following. The Seattle scene didn't last too long, that's for sure. On their local level, it had been going since the 80's, underground, but as soon as it hit the National Level, it splintered.

Alot of the 80's bands had good music far beyond what was played on the radio/MTV. I agree; Winger's "Pull" IS a GREAT CD. Just listen to it. Warrant's D/E/D cd is great, too. Some bands like Trixter sucked, IMO. I saw them 2x, and blech!!! But anyway, good thread.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:00 pm

Jiver wrote:Man, this is a great thread. Lemme put my .02 in : Was raised in Phoenix, saw all the "Glam", Hair movement back in the 80's. ICON was a Phx local band, Keel, and Jim Gillette, I believe, was from there as well. Anyway, 1992, I moved up to Ea. Washington, family reasons. Saw from a distance the Grunge Movement. IMO, every music era had it's good/bad pts. But I prefer the "Good" time era that was Hair Rock, whatever it's alluded to being. Poison was, and STILL IS, a great band, entertaining. Why are they, and others, Still around, selling out arenas? And sure, H/D had a good pt: What was the message they were putting out? Blow out your brains, etc..? Don't know what they were trying to convey in their music.

I like Alice in Chains the most from that era, but they really don't put themselves in that genre. For awhile they did, riding the wave. But now, they ride the same class as Heart. Soundgarden broke up 9 years ago, Chris Cornell is now in Audio Slave, Nirvana gone, Dave Grohl has his own group Foo Fighters(still think it's a stupid name for any group), Pearl Jam is more like Phish or the Dead, have that kind of following. The Seattle scene didn't last too long, that's for sure. On their local level, it had been going since the 80's, underground, but as soon as it hit the National Level, it splintered.

Alot of the 80's bands had good music far beyond what was played on the radio/MTV. I agree; Winger's "Pull" IS a GREAT CD. Just listen to it. Warrant's D/E/D cd is great, too. Some bands like Trixter sucked, IMO. I saw them 2x, and blech!!! But anyway, good thread.
Thanks Jiver :D Your my kinda dude :D Just saw Poison/ Cinderella on the 16th of June and it was a hella of a show. Packed the place also and put on a EXCELLANT stage show with pyros and lasers and all the good stuff.

Previous

Return to Free for all...