Just wonderin'.......

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Just wonderin'.......

Postby Deansolo » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:56 am

If anybody here likes to play acoustic... Since I've been visiting jakeelee.com, I haven't heard anyone talk about acoustic playing...the only talk is about shredding and electric guitar. I love playing acoustic. For the last 16 years my main acoustic guitar has been an Epiphone SQ180 'Everly Brothers' model (not to be confused with the Don Everly model). For those of you not familiar with the SQ180, its a jumbo bodied acoustic with a very thin fast playing neck with lots of acoutrements, like rosewood fretboard with star inlays, a tortex "moustache" pickguard, and nice white binding on a black laquer body. I really like playing this guitar...I originally got it 'cuz a friend (who was also a singer) and I wanted to form a duo and play a few gigs. He had an Ovation which was real loud, and I needed a guitar that was as loud as his was. It looked cool too, so I traded my lawsuit Strat for it. I've come to regret trading my Strat 'cuz the lawsuit models are quite desirable these days. I also have a real nice classical guitar that I bought in Spain in the late 70's......Anyway, I was just wonderin' if anybody else likes to play acoustic.
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Re: Just wonderin'.......

Postby skezza » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:57 pm

i love the sound of nylon strings :)

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:38 pm

I have three acoutic guitars and I love to play the hell out of them. Especially when my bud sings along.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:37 pm

i'm actually looking for an acoustic right now :D
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:21 pm

Yeah I just got an acoustic and I have borrowed a friend's classical. Well the acoustic artists I listen to are Black Crowes, Zakk Wylde for a start. Zakk Wylde has an amazing voice. Just listen to his Book of Shadows. :D

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:13 am

Being a Singer I play acoustic Most of the Time!

Postby Fretman » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:34 pm

I play a lot of acoustic. I'm not always in the mood to plug in and I'm sure my wife appreciates it. :)

Return to Free for all...