Jake T shirt?

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Jake T shirt?

Postby Charvelised » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:20 pm

I remember some time ago that Someone was going to get some Jake Tshirts Printed (It my have been an Idea)..Just wonder if it found fruition?
My Badlands T shirt has been unwearable for too long!

Killer of Giants

Re: Jake T shirt?

Postby MetalHead » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:34 pm

I guess you could take some picture of Jake online and
bring them to a print shop :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:41 am

I actually mentioned that last year sometime and pursued it to an extent. I would've had to sink a chunk of my own money into it that I didn't have at the time.

I was actually wanting a Badlands shirt, and not just a Jake shirt though.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:09 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:I actually mentioned that last year sometime

i have a slight memory of that
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:28 pm

You can buy t-shirts in bulk from a place called blankshirts.com for cheap. creating the stencil is not that expensive. printing them is fairly easy. one could make quite a few bucks bootlegging shirts. I've thought about it many times. print up a bunch then have a couple kids sell 'em outside the venue for $10 each. Cha...Ching!!!

Disclaimer: I, in no way condone bootlegging merchandise. I've NEVER done it....I've only THOUGHT about it. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:40 pm

Or you could create a design and sell t shirts, coffee mugs, etc from this site:

www.cafepress.com

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Demon_A_Go-Go » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:15 am

Do you remember on the old message board there was drawing of Jake and his white charvelised fender made by someone's sister who is artist? Is there any chance somebody to send me this picture ? It was pretty big I mean scanned on high resulution I think it could be perfect for the front side of Jake t-shirt .

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:13 am

MetalHead wrote:I guess you could take some picture of Jake online and

I just tried to do this! But the shop refused because of copyright!
They did inform me of Some transfer Paper that one could use via a computer printer..are these anygood?
There has been 66 views of this post, Surely theres profit in 50 tshirts..(taking into account people may have visted this post twice!)

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:24 am

Charvelised wrote:
bring them to a print shop )

They did inform me of Some transfer Paper that one could use via a computer printer..are these anygood?
There has been 66 views of this post, Surely theres profit in 50 tshirts..(taking into account people may have visted this post twice!)
got me...

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:32 am

Charvelised wrote:

it helps if you know somebody that works in a printshop 8)

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:09 am

I personally always liked the Badlands photo in the antique finish that someone made up. It would rock on a black t-shirt! No offense to Jake, but I'd prefer having an actual Badlands shirt as opposed to just one with him on it.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:55 pm

Charvelised wrote:

Transfer prints don't last. There is profit in t-shirts. but you either must know someone in a print shop as stated earlier, or know the craft. It's not difficult to learn. there are books and videos on the internet that teach screenprinting.

As for the copyright. That's what has stopped me from printing shirts other than for my company. bootlegging is a serious crime. I'm sure you won't get into too much trouble self-printing one or 2 for personal use, but printing a lot for sale is another story all together. I know there are shops that bootleg on the side in my area. they run a huge risk. but they do it 'cuz concert T-Shirts sell for big bucks at the shows! Last time I checked a "real" concert T was around $50.00. and a bootleg was going for $20.00. Each bootleg shirt cost just a couple bucks, and pennies to print. As you can see, there's big profit. :D
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:16 pm

Well, I am a screen printer and do thousands of t-shirts a year....Jefnel might be able to answer this. If we came up with a design for Jake, to what point would be infringing copyright. Might see what I can do about making some. :)

Return to Free for all...