Best solo ever

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: Best solo ever

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:09 am

Deansolo wrote:
Fretman wrote:Eruption...the solo that made me go buy a guitar.

Who am I to say what's the "best " solo ever....but I know that Jimmy Page's 1st solo in "Achille's Last Stand" had a huge influence on me...really touched my soul .... and kicked me in the ass to really learn to play guitar.

listen to it....1st solo..

Achilles Last Stand on Presence.

Speaking of Zep...

my favorite solo is the one in Ten Years Gone. I've got a video clip of it from Knebworth, and it's f*cking awesome.

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:14 am

Gutterflower wrote:
Deansolo wrote:
Fretman wrote:Eruption...the solo that made me go buy a guitar.

Who am I to say what's the "best " solo ever....but I know that Jimmy Page's 1st solo in "Achille's Last Stand" had a huge influence on me...really touched my soul .... and kicked me in the ass to really learn to play guitar.

listen to it....1st solo..

Achilles Last Stand on Presence.

Speaking of Zep...

my favorite solo is the one in Ten Years Gone. I've got a video clip of it from Knebworth, and it's f*cking awesome.
A friend of mine told me his favorite solo was in Zep's 'Since I have been loving you'

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:22 am

My all-time fave would be Jake's BATM.
My fave that brings back great memories (acquired at a younger age) would be The Nuge's Stranglehold.
Then there's the vegetative state fave solo - Floyd's Comfortably Numb.
I'm Sybil - I have a fave for every personality. lol

All Access Member

Postby Dude » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:03 pm

Too many from Jake to list -- but here are three others that come immediately to mind:

1.) Blackmore's live version of Highway Star on "Made in Japan" gets me every time.

2.) Schenker's Rock Bottom off "Strangers in the Night" kills.

3.) I always thought the Taxman solo on "Revolver" had balls.

Postby Megadragonzord » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:49 pm

I believe that Jason Becker communicates with his eyes the following way: Each letter he says has two eye movements, of four directions he does one for each movement and the people say what letter it is. He slowley gets through words and stuff and it takes a long time. He managed to write some music a while ago using just his eyes and a computer for a ballet I think.

Anyway, my favourate solos are Mr Crowley, Believer (they aren't identicle!), Crazy Train, You Lookin' At Me, Over The Mountain and Goodbye to Romance all by Randy Rhoads with Ozzy, Trouble by Randy with Quiet Riot. I quite like some of Glenn Tipton's work such as Painkiller. Also Tony MacAlpine's piece Tears of Sahara stands out as one of my favourate lead guitar doo-dahs. One of my favourate solos is the solo to 18 and Life by Skid Row, either Scotty Hill or Dave Sabo on guitar, but no matter who it is, it's brilliant.

Postby skezza » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:12 am

Megadragonzord wrote:I believe that Jason Becker communicates with his eyes the following way: Each letter he says has two eye movements, of four directions he does one for each movement and the people say what letter it is. He slowley gets through words and stuff and it takes a long time. He managed to write some music a while ago using just his eyes and a computer for a ballet I think.

Anyway, my favourate solos are Mr Crowley, Believer (they aren't identicle!), Crazy Train, You Lookin' At Me, Over The Mountain and Goodbye to Romance all by Randy Rhoads with Ozzy, Trouble by Randy with Quiet Riot. I quite like some of Glenn Tipton's work such as Painkiller. Also Tony MacAlpine's piece Tears of Sahara stands out as one of my favourate lead guitar doo-dahs. One of my favourate solos is the solo to 18 and Life by Skid Row, either Scotty Hill or Dave Sabo on guitar, but no matter who it is, it's brilliant.

Hey mate, believer is a great solo m8 as you said. no question!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby matty35 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:47 pm

had to get in on this thread,

lots to choose from, heres a list that springs to mind..

jake..bark at the moon
george lynch..all i want
john norum..distant voices
michael schenker..cry for the nations
randy rhoads..mr crowley
steve lukather..never walk alone
neal schon..whos crying now
nuno bettencourt..get the funk out
glenn tipton..grinder
dan huff..chained
andy timmons..super 70s
steve vai..for the love of god