Best solo ever

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Best solo ever

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:59 am

Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
MetalHead wrote:well, Cemetary Gates is from CFH ;)

???? Cemetary Gates ??? CFH ??

Cemetery Gates from their album Cowboys From Hell.

She nailed it :D
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:05 am

Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:

Well there must be a misunderstanding..I heard one of their musicians really died onstage from gunshots. I wasn't talking about lyrics from one of their song but I was talking about reality. I think it was the drummer. Nobody heard from that ? Did my sister bullshit me ? lol

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:13 am

Fakeblue wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:

Well there must be a misunderstanding..I heard one of their musicians really died onstage from gunshots. I wasn't talking about lyrics from one of their song but I was talking about reality. I think it was the drummer. Nobody heard from that ? Did my sister bullshit me ? lol

The guitarist, Dimebag Darrell, was murdered onstage by a gunman during a show at a club a couple of years ago. He was shot in the face. It wasn't a Pantera show, it was the side project that he had with his brother Vinnie, who was the drummer.

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:15 am

Fakeblue wrote:
hashima wrote:Jason Becker's solowork in "It's Showtime" (David Lee Roth / A Lil' Ain't Enough), you gotta experience him... simply the best one

...but friedman's stuff's great either 8)

Ho man, Becker is amazing. Have you listened to what he did with Friedman in Cacophony ? It was sensational. Has someone heard about JAson lately ? Is he getting better with lou gherags disease ? His story really made me feel down. I love him.

No news about his condition... apparently his site ain't been updated since 2004 however he visits his "mysite" almost every week and I wish him all the best!
Indeed, the Cacophony stuff with Friedman's not of this earth, incredibly amazing ideas... his bluesy works for David Lee Roth are great either, I prefer him to Steve Vai although the latter got a more personal style...
he's a legend!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:27 am

This is impossible for me to answer from a technical standpoint, because I don't play. From a music fan's standpoint, I've always love Slash's solo in Sweet Child O' Mine. I'm not sure why, but I've always thought it kicked ass!

As far as my all time favorite, I'm clueless.

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:32 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:This is impossible for me to answer from a technical standpoint, because I don't play. From a music fan's standpoint, I've always love Slash's solo in Sweet Child O' Mine. I'm not sure why, but I've always thought it kicked ass!

As far as my all time favorite, I'm clueless.
hey I'm glueless too

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:41 am

Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:

The guitarist, Dimebag Darrell, was murdered onstage by a gunman during a show at a club a couple of years ago. He was shot in the face. It wasn't a Pantera show, it was the side project that he had with his brother Vinnie, who was the drummer.

just to be really picky ... :P
Damageplan wasn't a side project ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:12 pm

MetalHead wrote:just to be really picky ... :P

Yes, you're picky...but you're right. lol

Postby Fretman » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:38 pm

Eruption...the solo that made me go buy a guitar.

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:43 pm

dude to follow on from Gutter flower my fav solo 4 this week is john sykesstill of the night the build up is awesome...an yeh marty friedman rules speed meatl along with his old guitar bud jason becker!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:02 pm

Gutterflower wrote:
MetalHead wrote:just to be really picky ... :P

Yes, you're picky...but you're right. lol

that was indeed the point ;)

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:10 pm

Fretman wrote:Eruption...the solo that made me go buy a guitar.

Who am I to say what's the "best " solo ever....but I know that Jimmy Page's 1st solo in "Achille's Last Stand" had a huge influence on me...really touched my soul .... and kicked me in the ass to really learn to play guitar.

listen to it....1st solo..

Achilles Last Stand on Presence.
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Postby Fretman » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:48 pm

Deansolo wrote:
Fretman wrote:Eruption...the solo that made me go buy a guitar.

Who am I to say what's the "best " solo ever....but I know that Jimmy Page's 1st solo in "Achille's Last Stand" had a huge influence on me...really touched my soul .... and kicked me in the ass to really learn to play guitar.

listen to it....1st solo..

Achilles Last Stand on Presence.

Yep...a great solo for sure...and a great song.

Postby skezza » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:44 pm

hashima wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
hashima wrote:Jason Becker's solowork in "It's Showtime" (David Lee Roth / A Lil' Ain't Enough), you gotta experience him... simply the best one

...but friedman's stuff's great either 8)

Ho man, Becker is amazing. Have you listened to what he did with Friedman in Cacophony ? It was sensational. Has someone heard about JAson lately ? Is he getting better with lou gherags disease ? His story really made me feel down. I love him.

No news about his condition... apparently his site ain't been updated since 2004 however he visits his "mysite" almost every week and I wish him all the best!
Indeed, the Cacophony stuff with Friedman's not of this earth, incredibly amazing ideas... his bluesy works for David Lee Roth are great either, I prefer him to Steve Vai although the latter got a more personal style...
he's a legend!

Becker is one of my favourites as well, Serrana is just, unexplainable. Firstly, for anyone whos wondering what this lads post means, he has Lou Gehrig disease, named after the famous baseball player who lost all his strength half way through the season... Becker is completely paralyzed and can only contact through moving his eye lid up and down. Ive wondered for a while whether he uses morse code (aka One) or what. Becker explains on his website, that its the power of your mind that decides whether you have this disease. Explaining about an incident in which he got out of bed started sleepwalking, walked quite a long way actually and then woke up wondered where he was for around 5 seconds, realized he was standing and as soon as he realized he was standing he fell. He believes power of the mind is more powerful than anything else, and that is why i have so much respect for him and so much time for this man. Hes an incredible guy and i hope we never forget him!

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:15 am

Jason Becker Empire on his Perspectives CD : :D or anything from Becker will do!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...