Guns 'N Roses -or- Aerosmith

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Which band you like more?

Aerosmith
31%
Guns 'N Roses
69%

Total votes : 13
Killer of Giants

Guns 'N Roses -or- Aerosmith

Postby johnthebrucelee » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:07 pm

OK, we're not talking about metal, we're talking about good kickback rock 'n roll. I think Aerosmith came before Guns 'N Roses, but they are both in the same genre. So, what band ou prefer than the other :?:

I like them both. They both have really unique vocalists. How about you?

Secret Loser

Re: Guns 'N Roses -or- Aerosmith

Postby Hell_Tanner » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:45 pm

Guns 'N' Roses all the way, Slash is the reason why I started playing guitar. I have a boot at the Ritz '89 and they were rowdy as hell, truly the most dangerous band in the world. They were kinda dangerous afterward but it just became a R'n'R circus with Axl various whims.
Slash has always been (even more lately) criticized for being inconsistent in his playing, playing out of tune, etc...you know what? It's not what Slash is about, he is no Steve Vai, he is Rock N Roll, it's about emotion and there's a lot of that in his playing, the solo to Nightrain just make the hairs on my arms stand up, clearly one of my favourite. I think he is the epitomy of Rock'n'Roll, an other kind of Keith Richards, another Keith Richards for an other generation.
Now Slash, Duff, Matt have Velvet Revolver and are successful with that band, well, more power to them. I had a hell of a hard time getting into VR but it'll grow on me little by little.
Formerly known as \"Berseker\"

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:15 pm

BARF! They both suck ass!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby sonicbrew73 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:19 pm

Aerosmith has been around since 1973. They're one of the reasons why G 'N' R started. Aerosmith was a huge influence for all the guys in Guns. But as far as good old fashioned American rock bands go, Aerosmith is one of the best in my opinion. I love G N' R too. Slash is one of the best hard rock guitarists out there now. Either way I love both bands. I've seen Aerosmith three times, G N R twice, and Velvet Revolver twice. All great bands in my opinion.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:06 pm

70s and 80s Aerosmith was great but once they started writing all them cheesy love songs and hanging out with that Silverstone chick they went south real fast. As far as Guns goes Appetite was a masterpiece and then they got rich and made those other 2 albums that were pretty week and then Axl got all bipolar and they imploded. So i guess i would say that I prefer Guns n Roses but i wouldnt kick Aerosmith out of bed either. :wink:

All Access Member

Postby Stargazer » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:09 pm

I like Guns Roses but I'm not a big Aerosmith fan. I think Dream On was good but it was done 1000 times better by Ronnie James Dio and Yngwie.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:27 am

mrmetal wrote:BARF! They both suck ass!

And your reason being??????? Coz they dont play 2000 miles an hr??? Slash has played some of the most memorable solos in history that the greater population would appreciate and remember, u sound like one of these one track minded "If he cant play real fast, he cant play for shit" I have been playing for 25 years, and all I was in to was playing as fast as I could in every scale like MALMSTEEN, VAI etc etc etc, then I got over it, and discovered what music was all about.....FEELING. :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:42 am

well rock n roll rebell...i think u an i mite hav some thing in comon there...i am surrounded by 200000 million miles hr players where i live they all sound the same an use the same scale..pentatonic! i wish they would realise that its not how fast u play its how u play! im 18 an been playing for 11 years i grew up learning 80's music an have no intention to change! maybe 1 day i will change rock music an get rid of this 20000 mph playing and add the feeling!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:56 am

I've never been big on Aerosmith, so I have to go with G&R.

I do like Slash's style for sure. One of my favorite guitar solos of all time is his in Sweet Child Of Mine. I love the way his solo is in your face the whole time and all of the sudden it just ends leading into Axel's quite vocal part....

I'm off my rocker here, but I just love the way that song is structured...

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:22 pm

Rock wrote:

And your reason being??????? Coz they dont play 2000 miles an hr??? Slash has played some of the most memorable solos in history that the greater population would appreciate and remember, u sound like one of these one track minded "If he cant play real fast, he cant play for shit" I have been playing for 25 years, and all I was in to was playing as fast as I could in every scale like MALMSTEEN, VAI etc etc etc, then I got over it, and discovered what music was all about.....FEELING. :wink:

That is not it at all.

Aerosmith had one good album. The first one. Every album after that was weak and very boring. Even the one that was being hailed as their comeback album, "Pump", could not stand up to "Toys in the Attic". So many of thier ballads are the same, lame-ass bullshit; you could almost interchange the lyrics and not even notice.

G n' R are just as non-memorable as the band I just mentioned. I can go into any used CD shop here and buy the entire catalog because nobody cares and came to thier senses and discovered just how bad that band was.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:55 pm

ok fair enuff mr metal, u didnt put a reason in..... :)

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:38 am

mrmetal wrote:
Rock wrote:

That is not it at all.

Aerosmith had one good album. The first one. Every album after that was weak and very boring. Even the one that was being hailed as their comeback album, "Pump", could not stand up to "Toys in the Attic". So many of thier ballads are the same, lame-ass bullshit; you could almost interchange the lyrics and not even notice.

G n' R are just as non-memorable as the band I just mentioned. I can go into any used CD shop here and buy the entire catalog because nobody cares and came to thier senses and discovered just how bad that band was.
C.C. and POISON will destroy all Prog Power Metal :wink: I was just joking mrmetal :wink: :D :lol:

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:39 am

mrmetal wrote:
Rock wrote:

That is not it at all.

C.C. and POISON will destroy all Prog Power Metal :wink: I was just joking mrmetal :wink: :D :lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:17 am

LOL HardDriver....u and your fkn double posts, what drugs u on man......can I have some :)

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:52 am

I dont know why it does that :oops: Its not on purpose :oops: And il send you some of my PROZAC in the mail. :roll:

Next

Return to Free for all...