Stephen King fans

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

Stephen King fans

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:48 am

TNT's new series, Nightmares & Dreamscapes, will air its first episode on Wednesday, July 12th. Check your local listings for the broadcast time in your area. For more information about the series, you can visit the official website at

www.nightmarestnt.com

www.stephenking.com
Image

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Stephen King fans

Postby MetalHead » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:57 am

i think Stephens best for is his true form .. Books :D

whenever I start reading a Stephen King book I can't put it down :D
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: Stephen King fans

Postby hashima » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:08 pm

MetalHead wrote:i think Stephens best for is his true form .. Books :D

whenever I start reading a Stephen King book I can't put it down :D


same here! :) "Shinin"s ma fav...

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Stephen King fans

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:05 pm

The Stand is still my favorite :)
Image

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Stephen King fans

Postby MetalHead » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:21 pm

i kinda liked Desperacion as well ...

... and Salems Lot :D

.. and of course the early classic books :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Stephen King fans

Postby mrmetal » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:44 pm

MetalHead wrote:i kinda liked Desperacion as well ...


Oh yeah....that was a tripped out book. Very good.

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Stephen King fans

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:20 am

MetalHead wrote:i kinda liked Desperacion as well ...

... and Salems Lot :D

.. and of course the early classic books :)


DesperaTion was good, but Salem's Lot scared the hell out of me the first time I read it. 8O
Image

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: Stephen King fans

Postby hashima » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:33 am

Gutterflower wrote:
MetalHead wrote:i kinda liked Desperacion as well ...

... and Salems Lot :D

.. and of course the early classic books :)


DesperaTion was good, but Salem's Lot scared the hell out of me the first time I read it. 8O


...ain't that da whole purpose?? :P

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Stephen King fans

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:09 am

hashima wrote:...ain't that da whole purpose?? :P


Of course, but Salem's Lot disturbed me a lot more than some of his other earlier books. I remember I was alone in the house and it was late (and I just couldn't put that book down). I was afraid to look out of my window because what if Danny Glick was hanging around there trying to get invited inside?! :lol:
Image

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: Stephen King fans

Postby hashima » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:18 am

Gutterflower wrote:
hashima wrote:...ain't that da whole purpose?? :P


Of course, but Salem's Lot disturbed me a lot more than some of his other earlier books. I remember I was alone in the house and it was late (and I just couldn't put that book down). I was afraid to look out of my window because what if Danny Glick was hanging around there trying to get invited inside?! :lol:


:oops:

Ultimate Sinner
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: TN

Re: Stephen King fans

Postby Olaf » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:03 am

If you like Stephen King you should check out the First Redemption Album. It has a 4 part song about Desperation as well as a song about Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes.

You can visit this link for sound sample:

http://ivorygate.com/redemption/discography.shtml


Image


(1. Desperation Part I 5:30 MP3 (938KB)
2. Desperation Part II 4:20 MP3 (765 KB)
3. Desperation Part III 5:45 MP3 (998 KB)
4. Desperation Part IV 5:20 MP3 (748 KB)
5. Nocturnal 4:00 MP3 (1186 KB)
6. Window to Space 13:20 MP3 (1223 KB)
7. As I Lay Dying 5:00 MP3 (1266 KB)
8. Something Wicked This Way Comes 24:00 MP3 (1741
Image

Killer of Giants
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: france

Re: Stephen King fans

Postby Fakeblue » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:11 am

Gutterflower wrote:The Stand is still my favorite :)


shit I only know french titles......how is my favorite called in english....it's the one with that woman tied to the bed with handcups by our husband and he dies and she has to watch a roaming dog coming along and eat her husband corpse lol.....she finally ends up taking the decision she has to cut her wrist o use her blood as a lubricating to slip her hands out the handcups.....god.....so intense....I'm still trying to understand how he can get you glued to the book so efficiently...I think it might be because he uses the contrast between simple styled writing and sophisticated writing when it comes to important parts of the story. I mean a lot of his stories really start with very simple descriptions and very simple literal style and suddenly he starts to surprise you by changing the narrative rythm very fast to get you kind of fascinated....

Anybody heard about his disease turning him blind ?

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Stephen King fans

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:57 pm

Fakeblue wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:The Stand is still my favorite :)


shit I only know french titles......how is my favorite called in english....it's the one with that woman tied to the bed with handcups by our husband and he dies and she has to watch a roaming dog coming along and eat her husband corpse lol.....she finally ends up taking the decision she has to cut her wrist o use her blood as a lubricating to slip her hands out the handcups.....god.....so intense....I'm still trying to understand how he can get you glued to the book so efficiently...I think it might be because he uses the contrast between simple styled writing and sophisticated writing when it comes to important parts of the story. I mean a lot of his stories really start with very simple descriptions and very simple literal style and suddenly he starts to surprise you by changing the narrative rythm very fast to get you kind of fascinated....

Anybody heard about his disease turning him blind ?


The book you're referring to is Gerald's Game. And I never heard anything about Stephen King having a disease that's turning him blind! 8O
Image

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: Stephen King fans

Postby hashima » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:26 pm

...haaa, I guess he rather will die of booze or drugs...

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1567
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: San Luis Rey, California

Re: Stephen King fans

Postby Deansolo » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:30 pm

Gutterflower wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:The Stand is still my favorite )


shit I only know french titles......how is my favorite called in english....it's the one with that woman tied to the bed with handcups by our husband and he dies and she has to watch a roaming dog coming along and eat her husband corpse lol.....she finally ends up taking the decision she has to cut her wrist o use her blood as a lubricating to slip her hands out the handcups.....god.....so intense....I'm still trying to understand how he can get you glued to the book so efficiently...I think it might be because he uses the contrast between simple styled writing and sophisticated writing when it comes to important parts of the story. I mean a lot of his stories really start with very simple descriptions and very simple literal style and suddenly he starts to surprise you by changing the narrative rythm very fast to get you kind of fascinated....

Anybody heard about his disease turning him blind ?


The book you're referring to is Gerald's Game. And I never heard anything about Stephen King having a disease that's turning him blind! 8O
I don't know if he's going blind...but he does wear pretty thick glasses.

BTW, didn't Stephen King get run over by a truck or sometning about 5 years ago, and was lying injured on the side of the road for a few days before some woman found him and helped him to recover...Then sent him on his way with a couple of broken legs? I thought I read that somewhere.
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Next

Return to Free for all...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest