Working on solos

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Working on solos

Postby Deansolo » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:20 pm

You must BECOME the guitar....each note an extension of your inner-most being in order to make each solo yours and yours alone. ;) 8)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:12 pm

Deansolo wrote:You must BECOME the guitar....each note an extension of your inner-most being in order to make each solo yours and yours alone. ;) 8)

read the back of the randy rhoads tribute album..u must become like him!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:06 pm

Hahaha! While I certainly respect Randy Rhoads, I don't want to become like him. :) I just meant that you gotta put yourself into the solo....or it won't really be YOU.
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:02 pm

Deansolo wrote:Hahaha! While I certainly respect Randy Rhoads, I don't want to become like him. :) I just meant that you gotta put yourself into the solo....or it won't really be YOU.

konnichiwaaa folks, this would be a nice topic... "What do you wanna become in your next life?"... ... ... I'd like to become japanese... 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:09 pm

hashima wrote:
Deansolo wrote:Hahaha! While I certainly respect Randy Rhoads, I don't want to become like him. :) I just meant that you gotta put yourself into the solo....or it won't really be YOU.

konnichiwaaa folks, this would be a nice topic... "What do you wanna become in your next life?"... ... ... I'd like to become japanese... 8)

HAHAHAhahahah! :lol:

KONNICHIWWAAAA! O-hashima san! Why do you want to become Japanese? :lol:
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:39 pm

Essentially, the things that I like to keep my attention on, when jamming, is the flow of the song's melody behind my ( what I like to refer to as) association to the song, the change and consistency in the over-all texture, and how that solo part is going to affect the song. As in . . . will the solo part bring more attention to the beginning, middle or end of the song. This point usually depends on the lyrical content and/or the strength of the riffing in the instrumental pieces. I think that getting over the technical aspect of playing guitar might be where your stuck. You've almost aquired your technician's license, let's say. A suggestion that might work for you could be to pick out whatever lick or riff you happen to notice coming up multiple times in your improvisation, then apply it to every song you jam, in a number of different spots in each song. Otherwise, I could be wrong, you know. LOLOL

Previous

Return to Free for all...