Jake e lee t-shirts / Designs

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Jake e lee t-shirts / Designs

Postby Rock » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:57 am

OK folks...I have talked to the higher powers that be, and have the go ahead to create a Jakeelee.com t-shirt for our members. Got some ideas going around on how we can do this, so feel free everyone to throw any ideas around.

First off, I think we should let the members pick the winning design, and the members submit their ideas for designs. I am thinking a front and back print. Dont want to go over the top too much, coz I want to keep costs to a minimum. Maybe 3-4 colors max, but ideally 2 colors. I am a screenprinter and do alot of t-shirts, so I have the facilities and expertise to make this a reality. I dont want to make a cent out of it, just cover my costs for t-shirts, ink etc, and the money raised goes to the upkeep of the site. I have already discussed this with Jeff (creator & webmaster of this site) and he thinks its a great idea!! Maybe with the sale of a shirt, u get a 1 year full access to the site. There are alot of ideas how it could all work, but importantly, I want feedback from the community to see if it is a worthwhile venture. I think it is a really good oppotunity to keep Jakes name going for along time to come, and keep the site up for along time to come.

Designs...I was thinking we could possibly run a competition for ppl that want to submit designs, with the winning design, obviously getting a free shirt, plus maybe 2 jake CD's/DVD etc of their choice, or some other item etc. So come on everyone, let us know what u think, and give me some ideas how we can make this a success for Jake, Jeff and the site in general.

:D

Killer of Giants

Re: Jake e lee t-shirts / Designs

Postby Deansolo » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:09 am

I think it's a great idea! :D
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:25 am

I'm in!

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:27 am

Gutterflower wrote:I'm in!

OOoooooo........ 8O

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:29 am

Maybe a Discography on the back? A retrospective of his career?
www.cats-eyeesp.com

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:59 am

I'll have a Tshirt Too...

All Access Member

Postby dave1021 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:28 am

Lte me know when more details are available. It sounds very cool.

Dave
...And somebody said Fair Warning, Lord strike that poor boy down. Turned from hunted into hunter, went to hunt somebody down.--Van Halen

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:16 am

Deansolo wrote:Maybe a Discography on the back? A retrospective of his career?

nihao folks...

...great project, I'm in as well... the retrospective/discography-thing on the back sounds amazin...

...how do you feel bout a "rising-sun" below the headline on the front... I mean it got only two colors'n'emphasizes Jake's origin... ?

my color-suggestion: white tshirt (so it ain't too Hot For Teacher... öhm, I meant summer), black writings and a bit red for the rising sun on the front...

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:18 am

hashima wrote:

nihao folks...

...great project, I'm in as well... the retrospective/discography-thing on the back sounds amazin...

...how do you feel bout a "rising-sun" below the headline on the front... I mean it got only two colors'n'emphasizes Jake's origin... ?

my color-suggestion: white tshirt (so it ain't too Hot For Teacher... öhm, I meant summer), black writings and a bit red for the rising sun on the front...

...and maybe those red spokes could be guitars instead!

I vote for red. :P

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:40 am

Gutterflower wrote:
...and maybe those red spokes could be guitars instead!

I vote for red. :P

...red da whole tshirt... just think bout summer... and totally red... that would be... too... ... ... well... chinese...

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:45 am

hashima wrote:

nihao folks...

every time I see that rising sun I think about LOUDNESS :twisted:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:54 am

I am for a t-shirt...great idea.....but please, no rising sun.

You won't catch me dead sporting 80's gear in this day and age. :D

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:17 pm

mrmetal wrote:I am for a t-shirt...great idea.....but please, no rising sun.

No shit! Rising sun is waaaaay too 80's, and not cool in 2006. Besides rockers wear BLACK T-Shirts nowadays... no matter how hot it is. No one will take you seriously in the club, at the gig, after the show, etc., if you have on any other color than black. Except on chicks. chicks can wear any color they want and look cool.

Disclaimer: I didn't make the rules....it's just the way it is. :)

I vote black T.

or,

Maybe instead of 3-4 colors, keep it limited to 2, and offer 2 colors of T-Shirt. One black and one white/other color for the members who get too hot wearing black.;) That's what I offer my customers....Black or Grey. the majority request black.
www.cats-eyeesp.com

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:27 pm

Deansolo wrote: Except on chicks. chicks can wear any color they want and look cool.

:D but the red would've looked so good with my hair. LOL

*sigh* FINE! Black or grey works, no rising sun. I guess you men wouldn't go for purple either?

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:01 pm

Deansolo wrote:
mrmetal wrote:I am for a t-shirt...great idea.....but please, no rising sun.

No shit! Rising sun is waaaaay too 80's, and not cool in 2006. Besides rockers wear BLACK T-Shirts nowadays... no matter how hot it is. No one will take you seriously in the club, at the gig, after the show, etc., if you have on any other color than black. Except on chicks. chicks can wear any color they want and look cool.

Disclaimer: I didn't make the rules....it's just the way it is. :)

I vote black T.

or,

Maybe instead of 3-4 colors, keep it limited to 2, and offer 2 colors of T-Shirt. One black and one white/other color for the members who get too hot wearing black.;) That's what I offer my customers....Black or Grey. the majority request black.

Black is definitely too borin for a JakeShirt cuz anyone wears black... Jake E. Lee fans are somehow special folks, they support a forgotten hero of the 80s and therefore they gotta draw all the positive attention to their shirt and themselves... so I'd say:

EVERYTHING BUT BLACK or grey!

matane

Next

Return to Free for all...