SHOW US YA LIVE BITS......... :)

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

SHOW US YA LIVE BITS......... :)

Postby Rock » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:51 am

Well.....I thought, we have so many muso/guitarists here, we could share some of our personal onstage moments here and start a thread of personal onstage pics. 8O lol Well heres my first selection of pics.

this is onstage round '90-95 with a band I played hard rock with, and we done about 1200 gigs, we almost made it, but as the story goes.......SHIT HAPPENS

same band...early '90 with a Kramer, loved that guitar

hamming it up with the singer

This band was from round '95 when slider split, was a bit of an Adelaide australia supergroup of sorts, made up of well, kickass musos at the time from around....that guitar was a PRS, still have it, love these guitars. :)

Killer of Giants

Re: SHOW US YA LIVE BITS......... :)

Postby mrmetal » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:51 am

Cool pics. Any music samples?

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:59 am

Yep, cool pics. What's the exact model of your Kramer? Looks like a Baretta or a Focus...
Formerly known as \"Berseker\"

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:46 pm

Very Cool Pix! Great band name..Slider!
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:06 pm

mrmetal wrote:Cool pics. Any music samples?

Yep got quite a bit of music, some is on pc, most is on tape i need to put on pc. Will get some together and post it.

Hell Tanner, the model of the Kramer is a Striker, had a pretty average pickup in it, so I put a seymour duncan full shred in it which fkn rocks. If u notice it has a floyd rose tremolo in it, but I was like jake, and never really used them, I would never put the bar in, and most of my guitars never had tremolos on them.

DeanSolo...yeh we got the name from a T-Rex album, the slider....the hardest thing is finding a fkn name...That last b/w pic the name of that band was KAOS....

So cmon the rest of u rock lords, put some of your pics up:)

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:10 pm

Rock wrote:Hell Tanner, the model of the Kramer is a Striker, had a pretty average pickup in it, so I put a seymour duncan full shred in it which fkn rocks. If u notice it has a floyd rose tremolo in it, but I was like jake, and never really used them, I would never put the bar in, and most of my guitars never had tremolos on them.

So cmon the rest of u rock lords, put some of your pics up:)

Ha yes, a Striker! I'm no expert when it comes to Kramer's different models, there are so many of them, but I do like this brand, certainly because of one Ed VH. :lol:

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:21 pm

Yep Hell Tanner, I was a huge EVH fan in his early days, was about 12 when VH1 came out, and eruption was the song that that made me really want to play, and I had to have a Kramer coz he used em back then, and also I thought the headstock looked fkn cool. :) oww, and they did have a nice action.

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:33 am

why cant music hav stayed like that!..all guitar great sound big hair and attitude!..great pics by the way

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:25 am

Rock wrote:Yep Hell Tanner, I was a huge EVH fan in his early days, was about 12 when VH1 came out, and eruption was the song that that made me really want to play, and I had to have a Kramer coz he used em back then, and also I thought the headstock looked fkn cool. :) oww, and they did have a nice action.

Yeah, Kramers were pretty popular in the 80's because of EVH, there was Sambora, Mick Mars, Steve Stevens, Vivian Campbell, etc endorsing the brand. Too bad it just kind of vanished after that. It's like when EVH stopped playing Kramers everybody stopped too, weird. :?

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:48 pm

It was because Kramer went out of buisness in 1989 and the name Kramer was bought by Gibson and was not reopened until 1995 and is still owned by Gibson guitar today.
That is the only reason why all the above mentioned people stoped playing them . it had nothing to do with EVH even though he went to Musicman , then peavey now Charvel. eddie goes where the money is , EVH is A great buisness man.
The artist formally known as Brawler

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:56 am

Well, my last phrase was almost a humor twist anyway, whatever.

I tend to disagree about the "Eddie goes where the money is" bit, we can read that phrase everywhere. Frankly when he went to Music Man I really doubt he did it for the money. MM was not the biggest name in the guitar world, it was still a rather small company compared to others, if he really wanted money we would've gone to Fender or Gibson and I know for a fact they did chased him for years and promised *money*, they were dead on adding him on their endorsee list.
When he went to Peavey, that was a surprise, bigger than MM, yes, but I'm not buying into that "all for the money" theory, peavey and MM could never offer Eddie as big a deal as Fender Or Gibson could, even in their wildest dream. Going to MM or Peavey is not going where the money is in my opinion.
I know that, nowadays, it's a common thing to be blasé and say Eddie is a greedy multi-millionaire and that everything he does is for the money but I'm convinced that he rather went where he could actually control production and quality on various levels and he could only do that in a smaller company like MM or Peavey, certainly not at Fender or Gibson and he knew that all too well.

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:02 am

LOL......dont hijack my thread with Eddie fkn hearsay, c'mon u dudes, I know some of u play, fkn post some of your stage pics...... :)

Here's another random pic of mine to encourage u rock legends.. :P

Last edited by Rock on Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:30 am

i have none dude!...

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:33 am

crisguitar wrote:i have none dude!...

But I am sure u will rule the world oneday, and will see nothing but CRISGUITAR!!!!!!!!! :)

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:34 am

dude how tru..look out 4 a guy who has long brown hair,a gibson lp and a white jackson!...ill make sure i remember u guys an together retake the world..like in bill n ted!...ps help with the pickups dude!

Next

Return to Free for all...