SHOW US YA LIVE BITS......... :)

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: SHOW US YA LIVE BITS......... :)

Postby Rock » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:49 am

crisguitar wrote:dude how tru..look out 4 a guy who has long brown hair,a gibson lp and a white jackson!...ill make sure i remember u guys an together retake the world..like in bill n ted!...ps help with the pickups dude!

Man...go with Dimarzios, I am pretty impressed with what they have at the mo....they seem to be the most progressive, on the edge company at the moment, there are some real good pickups to choose from at the minute.....Steve Vai has about 3 models out with them, evo etc, but I will guarantee u, I will get a Dimarzio pickup, I have done a wee bit off research lately, and the toss up is between 1 pickup from EMG and that is the EMG85 maybe the EMG81, the main diff being in my opinion (IMO) is the 81 has a nicer fatter clean sound, but dirty the 85 is alot dirtier, and I am pretty sure Zakk Wylde uses the 85. ..... But I am swinging towards the Dimarzio Humbucker series, they have about 8-10 good fkn kikass pickups fo various tastes....they have the breed series for steve vai to the PAF series with Joe satriani, Dimarzio at the minute are the fkn pickup which covers everyone, and seems to care and cater for everyone.......Seriously, if someone wants to give me an endorsement in pickups, I would like it to be DiMarzio.... :)

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:56 am

Rock wrote:
crisguitar wrote:dude how tru..look out 4 a guy who has long brown hair,a gibson lp and a white jackson!...ill make sure i remember u guys an together retake the world..like in bill n ted!...ps help with the pickups dude!

Man...go with Dimarzios, I am pretty impressed with what they have at the mo....they seem to be the most progressive, on the edge company at the moment, there are some real good pickups to choose from at the minute.....Steve Vai has about 3 models out with them, evo etc, but I will guarantee u, I will get a Dimarzio pickup, I have done a wee bit off research lately, and the toss up is between 1 pickup from EMG and that is the EMG85 maybe the EMG81, the main diff being in my opinion (IMO) is the 81 has a nicer fatter clean sound, but dirty the 85 is alot dirtier, and I am pretty sure Zakk Wylde uses the 85. ..... But I am swinging towards the Dimarzio Humbucker series, they have about 8-10 good fkn kikass pickups fo various tastes....they have the breed series for steve vai to the PAF series with Joe satriani, Dimarzio at the minute are the fkn pickup which covers everyone, and seems to care and cater for everyone.......Seriously, if someone wants to give me an endorsement in pickups, I would like it to be DiMarzio.... :)

dude i wish i owned dimarzio coz i would give a lifes suply just 4 the little essay u just wrote lol..im likein dimarzio 2 ther such an oldschool sounding pick up..i like the fred and the paff...its just the single coils that will be hard maybe the yjm signature series?

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:04 am

LOL crisguitar, if i need a new manager, it will be u....... :) u are the sought of guy that could sell an iceblock to a fkn seal. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:11 am

ha..my dads a hard headed bussiness guy so it comes naturaly..but obviosly being a rockn roll rebell i rebelled against him an now living the rock n roll life style to the max!!!!!!!!! i dnt need a job wen i can play guitar like i can!...but i learnt all ma stuff from peeps like u tho!

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:17 am

crisguitar wrote:ha..my dads a hard headed bussiness guy so it comes naturaly..but obviosly being a rockn roll rebell i rebelled against him an now living the rock n roll life style to the max!!!!!!!!! i dnt need a job wen i can play guitar like i can!...but i learnt all ma stuff from peeps like u tho!

If u are as good as u are confident, I want to hear some of your magic, I like your confidence, hope your playing is as big as ya dick, u remind me of a young evh b4 he was truly discovered. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:22 am

He's got the attitude down I'll give him that yah lets hear some stuff bro.
and keep in mind Junior ther are alot of pros on this site so try not to step on your words as well as some toes.
I am glad to see a young kid be able to feel that well about his playing but don't get the ego part involved that my best advice to you. :D
Last edited by stratattack on Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:23 am

well like evh i try not to conform with the regular styles of playin..iv ripped up the rule book an re written it!...hence y im gunu change this word of rock n roll!
yeh man it suks that i live in england..the home of current shit music! well wen i get ma new band to gether...a band who wants the same as i do..new era rock then ull hear me lol
howz ur style?

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:26 am

crisguitar wrote:well like evh i try not to conform with the regular styles of playin..iv ripped up the rule book an re written it!...hence y im gunu change this word of rock n roll!
yeh man it suks that i live in england..the home of current shit music! well wen i get ma new band to gether...a band who wants the same as i do..new era rock then ull hear me lol
howz ur style?

LOL mate, u r even primed for the rockstar interview, u know how to talk to talk, I am waiting to see u walk the walk....... all the hype of a heavyweight fight.. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:28 am

dude im just repressed an need to get out ther u no its hard like being 18 an looked down on beacuse no one believes u!..if some peeps lke gave a chance it would be great!!!!!!!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:51 pm

Rock wrote: So cmon the rest of u rock lords, put some of your pics up:)

This isn't live, but it was a band pic from Oct. 2006 :twisted: :D

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:52 am

Ahhhhh cool, good shit MrMetal, what gear u use, and whats the band u are with, I am working with a band right now, just about ready to gig....pretty much just a cover band to just get out and have a good time. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:04 am

Rock wrote:Ahhhhh cool, good shit MrMetal, what gear u use, and whats the band u are with, I am working with a band right now, just about ready to gig....pretty much just a cover band to just get out and have a good time. :)

Not bad for a 37-year old, eh? 8)

That band was called Stargate, but I am not with them right now. I am starting a new band with the singer and another drummer. We want a keyboard player, but are not having any luck with that.

My gear is a Mesa/Boogie preamp, power amp rack. 2 4X12 celestion-stocked cabs. They say Crate on them, so they are decietful! The Ibanez RG in that pic and the Epi Les Paul pictured in my avatar are my main axes. The Ibanez has JBs in it and the Epi Les Paul has custom Les Paul pickups. (Soon to be replaced with EMGs).

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:13 am

Rock wrote:the 81 has a nicer fatter clean sound, but dirty the 85 is alot dirtier, and I am pretty sure Zakk Wylde uses the 85.

the 81 should be the dirtier one as Zakk uses one in the bridge
and an 85 in the neck ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:34 pm

MetalHead wrote:
Rock wrote:the 81 has a nicer fatter clean sound, but dirty the 85 is alot dirtier, and I am pretty sure Zakk Wylde uses the 85.

the 81 should be the dirtier one as Zakk uses one in the bridge
and an 85 in the neck ;)

Ahh ok, they are very similar prolly got the numbers mixed up. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:48 pm

mrmetal wrote:
Rock wrote:Ahhhhh cool, good shit MrMetal, what gear u use, and whats the band u are with, I am working with a band right now, just about ready to gig....pretty much just a cover band to just get out and have a good time. :)

Not bad for a 37-year old, eh? 8)

That band was called Stargate, but I am not with them right now. I am starting a new band with the singer and another drummer. We want a keyboard player, but are not having any luck with that.

My gear is a Mesa/Boogie preamp, power amp rack. 2 4X12 celestion-stocked cabs. They say Crate on them, so they are decietful! The Ibanez RG in that pic and the Epi Les Paul pictured in my avatar are my main axes. The Ibanez has JBs in it and the Epi Les Paul has custom Les Paul pickups. (Soon to be replaced with EMGs).

Ahhh yeh, I am around your age too, and mostt ppl think I am alot younger, rock'n'roll keeps you young :lol:

Couple of mates have Mesa Boogies and swear by them, personally I have always been a Marshalll man, but yeh sounds like a great setup u have, what style of music u play??

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...