Looking for a new amp :)

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Looking for a new amp :)

Postby Deansolo » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:07 am

I got a piggyback head and 4x12 cab!......been in storage for over a decade..got a family of mice living in it right now! Haven't had the heart to evict 'em! :lol:

Seriously, IMO, it's easier all around to just mic up a great sounding combo...easier on you back and your ears. :)

Unless you got roadies :x....you f**king rockstars! :x LOL! :lol:

Just my opinion...you understand. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:31 pm

I agree, Metalhead. A stack does look cooler than a combo! And, a hundred watts is really a bit much, unless you're playing at a barbecue or something outdoors. I've got a sixty watt Genz-Benz head with pentode/triode, and a 2x12 Genz-Benz cab. When, if ever, I need a really big sound, ( like, Blizzard of Oz loud) I'll mike it.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:00 am

I just want to be the loudest fuker on stage, lol, I would have 3 marshalls most big gigs, and 1 for the smaller gigs, and yeh, last 5-7 years of playing we all had roadies, so pffft, they deal with it, and change my fkn strings for me, new strings evry 2nd gig for me thanx. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:36 am

if I ever get a combo it would be a VOX AC30 :D
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:40 am

I used to have a roadie........My ex-old lady! LOL! :lol: she used to walk behind me carrying my guitar and fresh white towels! :lol: Just joking. :)

Hey Rock...what's the biggest gig you ever played where you were the headliner or the opener (no more than 2 acts on the bill)?

For me it was approx 4000+ people, where we were the Headliner (I was in a band called Nightwatch...Hard Rock/Metal....lead singer). it was a biker run in 1985. 4000 bikers from all across the western U.S. The event was an A.B.A.T.E. rally. ABATE was an organization of motorcycle clubs from all across the USA protesting helmet laws. We got great coverage in Easyriders magazine pics and a couple of paragraphs about the band...That gig was fkn WILD! All day event. :D
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:41 am

you have any audio from that show Dean ? ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:54 am

Well, I have done supports for........
The Angels (angel city) done quite a few with Doc and the boys
Divinyls
Rose Tattoo
Stevie Wright(ex Easy Beats singer) played guitar for 2 gigs with him, coz the other dude OD'ed.lol, great bloke stevie, love him)
Screaming Jets
Jimmy Barnes (ex Cold Chisel)
to name a few, and some of those gigs were 5000-10000 indoor and outdoor gigs, played a couple Hells Angels festivals, 2 chapters used to have a couple of big yearly festivals, Broadford and Ponde, and they were 10000+ mark, but they were a 2 day event, with about 20 bands, so that doesnt count, but they were good. So yeh, done some good shit over the years, and my old band Slider have several club records for most ppl that will never be broken, coz a lot of LAWS have change regarding fire safety etc, so the ppl they used to cram in to joints back in the 80's, will never happen again. :) but some of the smallest gig's were the most memorable, bigger gigs round 5000+ can lose that intamacy u have in the smaller gigs, but yeh, nothing like a mass of ppl goin hard when u play. :)
Last edited by Rock on Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:25 am

MetalHead wrote:you have any audio from that show Dean ? ;)

Unfortunately no...., not from that gig. I think I have rehearsal tapes for that gig tho'. I have a whole s**t load of tapes from bands I was in over the years. tapes from many, many gigs. In the 80's it was mostly club gigs. I was also in a band that toured the military bases entertaining the troops. Also did lots of corporate casuals playing covers. Those gigs sucked but they paid the bills. When I have time I'm gonna transfer all those tapes to CD. :) I'll look for a few gems to let you guys hear. :D
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:53 am

Hey Dean, when are u going to take that baby pic of yourself out of the avatar, and put something more recent in mate......... :)

Yeh I have heaps of tapes too, that was prolly the bad thing with the 80's, most gigs, u were too fkn pissed to think about getting the sound guy to do a tape when u played, and wasnt always available to record anyway. Just something I look back on, and wish I fkn paid more attention to, and recorded a lot more gigs. Ow well, I have some fkn good memorys. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:02 pm

Rock wrote:Hey Dean, when are u going to take that baby pic of yourself out of the avatar, and put something more recent in mate......... :)

Haha!....So you want a look at the old man, eh! :lol:

I'll see what I can dig up. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:05 pm

Deansolo wrote:
Rock wrote:Hey Dean, when are u going to take that baby pic of yourself out of the avatar, and put something more recent in mate......... :)

Haha!....So you want a look at the old man, eh! :lol:

I'll see what I can dig up. :)

:lol:
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:55 pm

Hahahaha, I liked your baby pic better. :)

Previous

Return to Free for all...