Journey/Def leppard = July 16 2006 St. Louis Mo.

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Journey/Def leppard = July 16 2006 St. Louis Mo.

Postby CubsFan » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:06 pm

Hey dudes wuz up ? This was an awesome show and it was sold out by the way 8) Both bands kicked some ass but the cool thing was that Steve Augeri ( Lead Vocalist - Journey ) was unable to perform so none other than Jeff Scott Soto assumed lead vocalist duties for the tour and he did a hell of a job. Def Leppard kicked ass and Vivian Campbell actually got to do a solo this time 8O so him and Collen were rippin shit up :D Great show and a great night :D

All Access Member

Re: Journey/Def leppard = July 16 2006 St. Louis Mo.

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:29 pm

I've been jumping out of my skin to see JSS front Journey, but I can't pull it off this time around! It does sound like a very cool show indeed! IMO, JSS is one of the best vocalist alive!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby CubsFan » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:07 pm

He did a great job dude and IMO he is a much better frontman than Steve Augeri. I meen dont get me wrong i like Augeri but JSS was singing hiss ass off and he was alot more entertaining to watch. The concert was sold out by the way and that made it so much better. And the other cool thing was how Viv Campbell and Collen were trading leads for leppard :D The last few times i saw them it was mostly Phil Collen but this time they both actually soloed and the Leps kicked ass as well.

Postby Fretman » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:01 pm

Thanks for the review. That show is one I would love to see, especially now that JSS is with Journey. Viv Campbell needs to solo more often, even though he doesn't like metal. :roll:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby CubsFan » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:07 pm

One thing that they did that blew me away was the remake of " Rock On ". Def Leppard had a huge video monitor playing behind them and they had a cool little phsycadelic display going on and Viv and Phil would each rip into a solo during that song and they would put them on that screen surrounded by all these flashes of light :? Well sorry i guess you had to be there.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:32 pm

Thank you for such a detailed and interesting review of the Def Leppard show, my friend. It blows hell and I'm so totally crapped-out since I won't be driving to Tampa ( even for Def Leppard, that is) to see the show!!! O, well. It sounds like you had a blast. Rocks Off. . .

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:27 am

Check out Soto's latest solo record.....it owns! \nn/

Return to Free for all...