MTV Turned 25 Today

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: MTV Turned 25 Today

Postby Jiver » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:33 pm

Hmm.....

Well, to put my .02 in, and since it's been awhile since I've posted here, MTV SUCKS NOW. Not overall, but their choice of programming is suspect.

Just watch it. All Corporate. Blah. Never taking chances on the music. New artists? Forget it. Hell, I'll watch some newer groups, and take it in w/ a grain of salt. I DO like Wolfmother, and their song, "Woman". Hey, it's reminescent of the 70's sound. But other than a choice few, can't really stomach it. I'll get into the Hip Hop sounds, and whatnot. I'm open minded. But it's gotten worse as time has gone on.

Remember the 90's? When Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Soul Asylum, et al..."destroyed" Hair Metal, and it's brethen? Well, shit, I'll gladly listen to that genre of music than what's being brought to viewers nowadays. And again, I AM open minded towards music. It's a sad state of affairs regarding the music industry. No new mines to tap. Or, just that the corporate big wigs will not allow themselves to discover the great music that's occuring out there. Go to SW Music Festival, for example. GREAT Bands playing, and whatnot. But what chance have they to really break into the big time, and get good exposure? Thoughts?.............

Previous

Return to Free for all...