New year. New gear?

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

New year. New gear?

Postby MetalHead » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:19 pm

Are any of you guys/gals planning to buy any new music-related gear this year ?! :)

I have a bit of G.A.S myself, but I've narrowed it down to 2 guitars atleast :)

and

there was a Stellar LesPaul in the picture too,
but I ditched it. It was going to look like this though ...

after some new knobs and pickups and so on :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Re: New year. New gear?

Postby Deansolo » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:37 pm

Probably some recording gear. still trying to decide. Although my freind Tracii Guns is going to give me one of his new signature Halo guitars. They should be out next month. It's pretty cool. it's looks like kind of a cross between a Les Paul and an SG. Single cut away, Gibson style set neck, 2 Halo Humbuckers, Stop tail peice and a tune-o-matic. Nice. :D

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:43 pm

You know you have to post some pictures ? :P

I heard Tracii is joining Quiet Riot as well ? :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:53 pm

Yeah, That's what I heard too. I haven't talked to him since the Brides got back from Europe a couple of weeks ago. He's another underrated guitarist IMO. He'll breathe new life into QR.

Tracii's letting me reverse engineer a Theremin that was originally owned by Jimmy Page. I plan on bringing out a limited number of "Authentic Zeppelin" Theremins in 2006 as well. I've had it for a couple of months now. It sounds really really cool!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:57 pm

What's a Theremin ? :oops:

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:59 pm

Damn, don't talk about that! I have a pretty bad case of GAS but I just gave up buying guitars off the rack and started building them from different parts bought on Ebay. I currently have three different guitars in the process, a Jake inspired Strat Hardtail, a Tommy Bolin tribute Strat with a Tele neck and a Kramer 1984 RI replica. The latter will be the first finished without a doubt, I'm pretty psyched about it. I'll post pics as soon as it's finished. :)

Effects-wise, I bought an Echoplex, a DOD Buzz Box and an Electro-Harmonix Multiplexer in the last 3 months.
Formerly known as \"Berseker\"

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:05 pm

You might wanna checkout this then :D

I see that Jeff is selling his Jake-owned Marshall cabinet as well :?

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:06 pm

MetalHead wrote:What's a Theremin ? :oops:

A Theremin is an radio-like device thant you "play" by placing your hand next to it's antenna. The closer you place your hand to the antenna, the higher the pitch. The most famous Zeppelin song with Theremin is "Whole Lotta Love" The middle part with the swooshing, whistling sounds was done with the Theremin. According to Tracii, the Theremin he loaned me is the Theremin used on that song!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:09 pm

sounds interesting :)

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:11 pm

Hell_Tanner wrote:Damn, don't talk about that! I have a pretty bad case of GAS but I just gave up buying guitars off the rack and started building them from different parts bought on Ebay. I currently have three different guitars in the process, a Jake inspired Strat Hardtail, a Tommy Bolin tribute Strat with a Tele neck and a Kramer 1984 RI replica. The latter will be the first finished without a doubt, I'm pretty psyched about it. I'll post pics as soon as it's finished. :)

Effects-wise, I bought an Echoplex, a DOD Buzz Box and an Electro-Harmonix Multiplexer in the last 3 months.

Cool! Can't wait to see the pics. There's nothing like the sound of an Echoplex! No other delays even compare. Except maybe the Fulltone TTE, but that's just an Echoplex Reproduction...right down to the logo!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:16 pm

i picked up my old Trace Elliot amp at my mom some time ago.

i need to exchange the powerchord the speaker and the tubes
but after that i should have a fully working tube-amp again :D

there are plans of building an extra cabinet since it had
an external speaker-output :D

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:18 pm

MetalHead wrote:You might wanna checkout this then :D

I already have the body for the hardtail Strat, it just doesn't have the reverse slants though.

Deansolo wrote:Cool! Can't wait to see the pics. There's nothing like the sound of an Echoplex! No other delays even compare. Except maybe the Fulltone TTE, but that's just an Echoplex Reproduction...right down to the logo!

Yep! :) It's pretty mind blowing but I have such a hard time finding tapes, I've browsed Ebay but they usually go for an insane price...something like $200 for a lot of 10 tapes.
Formerly known as \"Berseker\"

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:58 pm

Right now I don't have a camera of some sort, but I'll list me gear anyways.

Guitars:
RR5 Pro
Starcaster by Fender

Amp:
Peavey Bandit

Effects:
Danelectro Fab Tone
Digitech Metal Master (It got robbed)
Zakk Overdrive
Dimebag's Wah pedal from Hell
Digitech Reverb
MXR stereo chorus
Boss MT-2 (It's on its way)
Boss BF-2 Flanger (It's on its way)

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:22 pm

for guitars I have 8fender strats 5 are pre CBS an 1 1971 1 72 1 75 as well as a 1989 lespaul custom and two mid 70's teles for amp I have 1 Marshall bluesbreaker and 3 Marshall 1959slp head with 2 1960marshall celestion equipted cabs as for stomp boxes I hav a Ibanez tube screamer and a boss od1 ,dod yjm308and a dunlop wah (of course) my favorite pedals are my Danelectro Fab tone and dadio over drive. plus a boss analog delay chorus and mxr phase 90.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:59 pm

Hell_Tanner wrote:
MetalHead wrote:You might wanna checkout this then :D

I already have the body for the hardtail Strat, it just doesn't have the reverse slants though.

Deansolo wrote:Cool! Can't wait to see the pics. There's nothing like the sound of an Echoplex! No other delays even compare. Except maybe the Fulltone TTE, but that's just an Echoplex Reproduction...right down to the logo!

Yep! :) It's pretty mind blowing but I have such a hard time finding tapes, I've browsed Ebay but they usually go for an insane price...something like $200 for a lot of 10 tapes.

Contact Dunlop. They still make tapes for the Echoplex. I'm not sure about price, but it's good to know they're still available. Echoplex's are awsome... but take a fair bit of maintenance to keep 'em going. :)

Next

Return to Free for all...