New year. New gear?

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: New year. New gear?

Postby MetalHead » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:31 am

Speaking of Vader, they are using a familiar guitarshape ;) ($964)

I might get one of these myself :D ($650 including shipping and hardcase)

I don't know really, I'm kinda torn between guitars right now.

I could get away really cheap with those as well ...

A total of $180, but no electronics, no nothing.
ImageImage

or I'll put together a Jake E Lee strat from Warmoth :twisted:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:30 am

Vader uses Ran guitars this is a polish guitar brand....used by a polish band. I'm proud of that! :D

Be aware of the new prices from Warmoth, I've recently noticed their shipping prices had tremendously increased! :evil:

If I were you I'd definitely consider the parts by parts thing. I'm partial to that because I've built 2 guitars like this and in the process of building three others...at the same time(!). This is so much fun.
Ebay is a great source, I know some sellers who have very interesting deals on great pickups...
Formerly known as \"Berseker\"

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:48 am

Hell_Tanner wrote:Vader uses Ran guitars this is a polish guitar brand....used by a polish band. I'm proud of that! :D

+1
Too bad that they aren't a original shape :?

Hell_Tanner wrote:Be aware of the new prices from Warmoth, I've recently noticed their shipping prices had tremendously increased! :evil:

Those bastards. I shall send Vader for vengeance :twisted:

Hell_Tanner wrote:If I were you I'd definitely consider the parts by parts thing. I'm partial to that because I've built 2 guitars like this and in the process of building three others...at the same time(!). This is so much fun.
Ebay is a great source, I know some sellers who have very interesting deals on great pickups...

I'm thinking about supporting some european pickups :)

EMGs is also interesting, due to their QuickConnect thingy :)

Here's an idea for the "put together" ...

"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:09 pm

For good parts to build with try US Custom or All Parts as well. as for warmoth they only hiked up the over seize shipping but if yyou by in bulk they cut you a break, hope you build that Dean though its great to see the ML make such a come back, Thanx DimeBag :twisted:
The artist formally known as Brawler

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:56 pm

MetalHead wrote:
Hell_Tanner wrote:Vader uses Ran guitars this is a polish guitar brand....used by a polish band. I'm proud of that! :D

+1
Too bad that they aren't a original shape :?

Right they basically build BC Rich or ESP knock offs but I heard they were good quality.

MetalHead wrote:I'm thinking about supporting some european pickups :)

EMGs is also interesting, due to their QuickConnect thingy :)

Here's an idea for the "put together" ...

BareKnuckle pickups seem fine, they're boutique pickups....at boutique prices. :?
There's a seller in the US, Guitar Fetish Shop, who sells his own boutique pickups at very low prices but don't be fooled, they're very good for the price. You can basically get a set for something like $50-$60. For that price you can't go wrong.

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:18 pm

Hell_Tanner wrote:BareKnuckle pickups seem fine, they're boutique pickups....at boutique prices. :?

I don't agree on that.
Many SD pickups is almost at the same level.

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:28 pm

MetalHead wrote:
Hell_Tanner wrote:BareKnuckle pickups seem fine, they're boutique pickups....at boutique prices. :?

I don't agree on that.
Many SD pickups is almost at the same level.

Excuse me?! 8O We're talking about prices, right? I've just checked Bare Knuckles website, most pickups are between £90 and £190 apiece with a rather scandalous £7.90 for shipping in Europe. First and on a side note, I'm willing to pay $15 for shipping from the US to Europe not $15 from UK to other european countries, that's clearly too much in my opinion.
Then, £90 is already a sh**load for a pickup, SD pu's are nowhere that expensive, you CAN find most SD pickups on Ebay between $20 and $90 (shipping included on that price). You can find JB's, 59's, Alnico's, Seth Lover's, Quarter Pound's, most singles coils. Some SD's cost a bit more, in the $100 range, like the Screamin' Demon but it's nowhere near £190 which is a boutique pickup price for me!

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:26 pm

Hell_Tanner wrote:you CAN find most SD pickups on Ebay between $20 and $90 (shipping included on that price).

Yeah, and those are used ones too :roll:

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:40 am

MetalHead wrote:
Hell_Tanner wrote:you CAN find most SD pickups on Ebay between $20 and $90 (shipping included on that price).

Yeah, and those are used ones too :roll:

Absolutely not. I've bought 2 Jb's in the past for $80 shipping included, fresh from the factory.

If you're picky about that this seller sells new SD's, DiMarzio's, Fender's and most models (there are some exceptions though) are under $100 and $10 worldwide shipping and that's still nowhere near £190 and £7.90.

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:52 am

i just boght ma self a vintage jackson which is gunu by resprayed white. it has a great tone an i cant wait to get it back
apart from that maybe some new fx..but i dont want to have to much of an artificial sound!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Demon_A_Go-Go » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:49 pm

I bought a few days ago used peavey bandit 112 combo.I know it's not tube amplifier (only tube preamp) but it has powerfull drive and i love it .

I heard Tracii is joining Quiet Riot as well ?

Yeah, That's what I heard too. I haven't talked to him since the Brides got back from Europe a couple of weeks ago. He's another underrated guitarist IMO. He'll breathe new life into QR.

I had the chance to see them on a life show as a support band of Rock Never Stops Tour together with Ratt and Firehouse (Cinderella was the headliner). I was dissapointed because Carlos Cavazo wasn't there.He left the band because of solo projects in LA.And the new lead guitarist was young man never seen him before ,unfortunately he jumped on wha-wha pedal from beginning till the end .I was not able to recognize when he played rhythm or solo.I don't like him .I hope your friend will be the one and only guitarist in QR .

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:35 pm

well, according to Blabbermouth, Tracii already left Quiet Riot.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:57 pm

can you blame him ! I would rather him do the La guns gig its more real in you face rock and roll him and cavaso as well as Bill leverty of firehouse are all underated players
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:18 am

MetalHead wrote:well, according to Blabbermouth, Tracii already left Quiet Riot.

Yep, I talked to Tracii yesterday..He said he knew it (Quiet Riot) wan't his "cup of tea" after the first practice. Tracii's got all kinds of projects up his sleeve (including the one with us). I just wish he would wait a bit before issueing his press releases! :)

Speaking of new gear.....I'm gonna be getting one of these soon, courtesy of Mr. Guns. Real nice guitar...gibson style set neck, 2 Halo HB's, stop-tail peice and a tune-o-matic.. I played the prototype at his house a few months ago. Very cool!
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:55 am

a LesPaul and a SG just had a baby boy ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...