New year. New gear?

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: New year. New gear?

Postby stratattack » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:12 am

its a mutant that would take some getting used to , how does it sound? it must rock for Tracii to endorce it!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:16 am

Talking about NAMM 2006, do any of you guys know if there's a place on the web that list extensively each participants?
I've checked the official NAMM website and there's nothing about that.
Formerly known as \"Berseker\"

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:19 pm

Cool isn't it? Your're right it's a mutant...like the offspring of a LP and an SG! :D Plays beautifully. I couldn't really turn it up though (nighttime, neighbors) so I couldn't really hear the Halo HB's in all their glory. but even if the pu's bite I still dig the guitar. :D
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:34 pm

Hell_Tanner wrote:Talking about NAMM 2006, do any of you guys know if there's a place on the web that list extensively each participants?

There is a section of the website that can only be accessed by members. Basically the show is for members only, the public is not invited.....and there are so many member participants that when you enter the main Hall at the show they hand you a directory book 1 inch thick! 4 days is not enough to see it all. It's fun! Like going to the circus...a musical instrument circus.

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:27 pm

Deansolo wrote:
Hell_Tanner wrote:Talking about NAMM 2006, do any of you guys know if there's a place on the web that list extensively each participants?

There is a section of the website that can only be accessed by members. Basically the show is for members only, the public is not invited.....and there are so many member participants that when you enter the main Hall at the show they hand you a directory book 1 inch thick! 4 days is not enough to see it all. It's fun! Like going to the circus...a musical instrument circus.

Wow! I could never have imagine that. Well, actually I wanted to know if EVH's gonna participate or not.

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:26 am

Deansolo wrote:4I couldn't really turn it up though (nighttime, neighbors)

that's why I crank it up daytime :D
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:39 pm

MetalHead has some pretty expressive good quality Guitars that burnt orange one is magnificent and that LOUDNESS looking guitar is outersight. I like that one must! Very cool music gear you have MetalHead.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:51 pm

MetalHead wrote:
Deansolo wrote:4I couldn't really turn it up though (nighttime, neighbors)

that's why I crank it up daytime :D

The dude's a rock star so he sleeps in the day! :lol: He only comes out at night....That's why the guitar is called "The Vampirotic" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:30 pm

Shadow wrote:MetalHead has some pretty expressive good quality Guitars that burnt orange one is magnificent and that LOUDNESS looking guitar is outersight. I like that one must! Very cool music gear you have MetalHead.

:?: :?: :? I don't think he owns any of them, right MetalHead?

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:27 am

Hell_Tanner wrote:
Shadow wrote:MetalHead has some pretty expressive good quality Guitars that burnt orange one is magnificent and that LOUDNESS looking guitar is outersight. I like that one must! Very cool music gear you have MetalHead.

:?: :?: :? I don't think he owns any of them, right MetalHead?

that's true, although I wouldn't mind to own any of them ;)

I think Shadow read my post about which guitars I want ...
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:01 am

ok, so I've found more guitars :)

'this one' goes cheap on eBay right now :)

and this tobaccoburst finish is just beautiful :D

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:15 am

Still waiting for my Kramer 5150 body replica to arrive but I'm eyeing one of those little OLP MM1's too, they're excellent guitars for a very low price and esthetically identical to EVH old EBMM. Could be a nice addition to the collection for a few bills...

Damned GAS! :x

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:36 am

Hell_Tanner wrote:Damned GAS! :x

Indeed :twisted:

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:30 am

those OLP axis models are not that bad for the money the even have them with floyd rose trems now. (exept the OCC models are just trash) hell they do put the music man pick ups in them so at least yah know your getting som good sound .

Not that many low priced guitars today can say that. the same goes for ESP'S LTD guitars and even Femder is Putting some quality in the squire line too. like he said Damn gas prices as well as the rest of this lousy economy.

Also if your are looking for a great lespaul without paying the stupid price Gibson has the Gall toi charge us hard working and sometimes struggling musicians, try Jay turser , and some of Gibsons Epiphone line is great too , my freind just got the epi version of the Z Wylde Grail and it sound GREAT I was shocked,

Its not like the 80's and 90 when you did get what you payed for the days when 100 bucks got you a high action shit paddle. now you can get so much more for you buck and with all these great internet stores it makes it easier.

Now if we just get a pres who cares :evil:
The artist formally known as Brawler

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:15 am

stratattack wrote:those OLP axis models are not that bad for the money the even have them with floyd rose trems now. (exept the OCC models are just trash) hell they do put the music man pick ups in them so at least yah know your getting som good sound .

Not that many low priced guitars today can say that. the same goes for ESP'S LTD guitars and even Femder is Putting some quality in the squire line too. like he said Damn gas prices as well as the rest of this lousy economy.

:?: :? :lol: Mmmh, not that GAS, we were talking about G.A.S. (Gear Acquiring Syndrome)! :lol:

Anyway, I've already shed $2000 for a guitar in the past, actually three of my guitars are in that price range, that's really a lot of money and I can't see myself spending that much money in the future. Now, I just buy parts on Ebay and build them. I can come up with pretty good stuff plus it's fun.
But, yeah, those little OLP EVH knock offs are pretty good for the money from what I've read. $200 is pretty cheap and they're nowhere like other guitars in that price range, with 2inches action, dead pickups and plywood.
These are real guitars.

Concerning Les Paul copies, Orville's, Greco's, Tokai's are all made in Japan and are the lawsuits LP's. They were so close and sometimes better than the original that Gibson shut them off. They're some "must-score" guitars.

Tommy Bolin Forum

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...