Nightmares

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Nightmares

Postby Fakeblue » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:17 am

Hello guys and gals,

Describe here your worst nightmare.
Let's fantasize on other's nightmares,
let's talk about them, compare them to our own nightmares,
and basically try to understand why they are scary to us so that we can eventually get rid of them.

Killer of Giants

Re: Nightmares

Postby MetalHead » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:51 am

i haven't got a specific nightmare ..
but one dream I remember is when me and
my friend went to a gas station, then my friend
went down with the gas-station owner to a lake.

my friend never came back 8O
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby SDBinNY » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:57 pm

I haven't had a dream that I remember in over 20 years,so I guess I'll have to get back to you on this one...

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:41 pm

I have this really bad nightmare all the time. In my dream, I have to get up real early and drive 37 miles on a busy freeway where everyone is traveling around 85 - 95 mph. I then go into this room and sit behind a large wooden structure that has a pc on it.... oh wait, that describes my normal day....damn....I guess I am still sleeping during that time.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:02 pm

Sorry to burst your bubble girls, but nightmares are childs play.

There was a ghost in the house I grew up in. Fkn eerie.
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Postby jefnel1 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:53 pm

Ok Dean - I'll bite. You gotta elaborate on that one. My wife grew up in a haunted house as well. There was an unmarked grave in the backyard of the house. Well, it was marked with a large rock, but that's about it. They excavated the yard a bit to put in a pool, and after that, weird shit started happening...
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:24 am

jefnel1 wrote:Ok Dean - I'll bite. You gotta elaborate on that one. My wife grew up in a haunted house as well. There was an unmarked grave in the backyard of the house. Well, it was marked with a large rock, but that's about it. They excavated the yard a bit to put in a pool, and after that, weird shit started happening...

Okay, Yeah...I had a ghost in my house, this is totally true, I swear on my life. My parents experienced it, my brothers and sister experienced it, friends experienced it, ex-girlfriends experienced it , my wife who's a bit psychic really had a hell of a time with it.. Fuckin weird.

I think it has something to do with the area where we live...the area where I grew up and still live is in Southern California, about 40 miles north of San Diego. There's lots of history here going back to the Spaniards who built all the Missions up and down the coast of California.

I grew up in a neighborhood about 2 miles away from Mission San Luis Rey, which is the largest of the California Missions (I currently live right across the street from the misson BTW :) ). The whole area was part of a HUGE Spanish land grant and the place is dotted with very old Ranchos (spanish ranches) and cemeteries from the pioneer days.

Anyway, in the 1950's and 60's, a few residential subdivisons were built in the area surrounding the Mission, there's many now, but back then there were only a few, and isolated from each other. My old neighborhood was one of them. my parents bought the house about 6 months after it was built, but they were not the first owners.

The first owners only lived in the house for a short time. My parents were told the first owners, a young couple, were getting divorced and had to sell the house. I was 2 years old when we moved in, and for as far back as I can remember there was always an eerie feeling in the house. We were a big family...Parents and 6 kids. Our house was a pretty lively place cause there were lots kids in the neighborhood (50's and 60's baby boom), and my brothers and sister always had friends staying over. many times their friends would wake up terrified, and say they saw a strange man standing over them while they were sleeping.

This kind of thing continued for the 32 years my parents lived there.... always happening when there was a lot of activity in and around the house. I'd tell my parents it felt like someone was in my room. They told me they felt the same thing and not to worry about it. The ghost, who we nicknamed George, never hurt anyone...although, it was kind of mischievious. I'm not sure if it had any relationship to the house per se, I think it had more to do with the neighborhood.

As I got older, my parents travelled a lot and I used to stay there when they were gone to look after the place. Shit would happen after me and my buddies would hang out and party, or if I brought a new girlfriend home...stuff would later go missing, or things would be moved inexplicably when I'd arrive, or doors that we'd never lock would be locked... stuff like that. Like it was pissed that I had people over invading it's space. Passive agressive behavior.

The thing is.. that by the time all us kids had left home, shit didn't happen on a regular basis anymore, only occasionally, when the whole peaceful vibe of the house was disturbed...although that eerie feeling was still present to a degree. What's also strange is that I talked to an old friend a few years ago who used to live in the same neighborhood, 2 blocks away, and he said sometimes he'd get an eerie feeling like being watched in his house too. That's why I think it has something to do with the whole area not just the house. Sometimes I drive through that neighborhood on my way home at night and I still get that eerie feeling. I cant explain it. It's weird. I think the whole fkn neighborhood is haunted.

Try Googleing: Hauntings in Oceanside California. You'll see one story about the Hunter Steakhouse. The Hunter Steakhouse is about 3 miles from my old neighborhood. :) That whole 7 square mile area surrounds the Mission and a whole shitload of old cemeteries dating back to the 1700's.
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:29 am

Thanks to all of you for sharing your nightmares.
My turn : From when I was a kid, I had this vampire bursting in the room and terrifying me. I kind of froze with panic and got paralysed by him because his presence was so strong. He laughed very hard at me be so weak. The only thing I could do was waiting for the dream to stop. That was until the day I finally realised all I had to do was to face him. It was really hard in the beginning but when I found the courage to do so my nightmare became a lot of fun. I found myself running after the vampire and beating the shit out of him. lol

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:32 am

MetalHead wrote:i haven't got a specific nightmare ..

Thank you for that. I never read any serious stuff about dreams analysis so what I'm gonna try to do is probably a croke of shit but would you allow me to ask few questions in order to try to understand your nightmare ?

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:36 am

Deansolo wrote:
jefnel1 wrote:Ok Dean - I'll bite. You gotta elaborate on that one. My wife grew up in a haunted house as well. There was an unmarked grave in the backyard of the house. Well, it was marked with a large rock, but that's about it. They excavated the yard a bit to put in a pool, and after that, weird shit started happening...

Okay, Yeah...I had a ghost in my house, this is totally true, I swear on my life. My parents experienced it, my brothers and sister experienced it, friends experienced it, ex-girlfriends experienced it , my wife who's a bit psychic really had a hell of a time with it.. Fuckin weird.

I think it has something to do with the area where we live...the area where I grew up and still live is in Southern California, about 40 miles north of San Diego. There's lots of history here going back to the Spaniards who built all the Missions up and down the coast of California.

I grew up in a neighborhood about 2 miles away from Mission San Luis Rey, which is the largest of the California Missions (I currently live right across the street from the misson BTW :) ). The whole area was part of a HUGE Spanish land grant and the place is dotted with very old Ranchos (spanish ranches) and cemeteries from the pioneer days.

Anyway, in the 1950's and 60's, a few residential subdivisons were built in the area surrounding the Mission, there's many now, but back then there were only a few, and isolated from each other. My old neighborhood was one of them. my parents bought the house about 6 months after it was built, but they were not the first owners.

The first owners only lived in the house for a short time. My parents were told the first owners, a young couple, were getting divorced and had to sell the house. I was 2 years old when we moved in, and for as far back as I can remember there was always an eerie feeling in the house. We were a big family...Parents and 6 kids. Our house was a pretty lively place cause there were lots kids in the neighborhood (50's and 60's baby boom), and my brothers and sister always had friends staying over. many times their friends would wake up terrified, and say they saw a strange man standing over them while they were sleeping.

This kind of thing continued for the 32 years my parents lived there.... always happening when there was a lot of activity in and around the house. I'd tell my parents it felt like someone was in my room. They told me they felt the same thing and not to worry about it. The ghost, who we nicknamed George, never hurt anyone...although, it was kind of mischievious. I'm not sure if it had any relationship to the house per se, I think it had more to do with the neighborhood.

As I got older, my parents travelled a lot and I used to stay there when they were gone to look after the place. Shit would happen after me and my buddies would hang out and party, or if I brought a new girlfriend home...stuff would later go missing, or things would be moved inexplicably when I'd arrive, or doors that we'd never lock would be locked... stuff like that. Like it was pissed that I had people over invading it's space. Passive agressive behavior.

The thing is.. that by the time all us kids had left home, shit didn't happen on a regular basis anymore, only occasionally, when the whole peaceful vibe of the house was disturbed...although that eerie feeling was still present to a degree. What's also strange is that I talked to an old friend a few years ago who used to live in the same neighborhood, 2 blocks away, and he said sometimes he'd get an eerie feeling like being watched in his house too. That's why I think it has something to do with the whole area not just the house. Sometimes I drive through that neighborhood on my way home at night and I still get that eerie feeling. I cant explain it. It's weird. I think the whole fkn neighborhood is haunted.

Try Googleing: Hauntings in Oceanside California. You'll see one story about the Hunter Steakhouse. The Hunter Steakhouse is about 3 miles from my old neighborhood. :) That whole 7 square mile area surrounds the Mission and a whole shitload of old cemeteries dating back to the 1700's.

The only thing I've been through that you might consider as a supernatural experience was getting around a round table with friends, putting a glass upside down on the table, spreading letters around the glass, puting our fingers on the glass, wait half an hour for everyone to focus and then say 'spirit are you there'. believe it or not, but the glass moved. then we asked questions to the 'spirit' and we got answers. Were we pushing the glass unconsciously toward the letters ? I don't know. What I know for sure is on of my friends had a vision once. he saw his grandma in the hospital with tubes in her mouth. Then he collapsed on the table, and we had to call 911. Pretty scarry.

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:17 am

Fakeblue wrote:
MetalHead wrote:i haven't got a specific nightmare ..

Thank you for that. I never read any serious stuff about dreams analysis so what I'm gonna try to do is probably a croke of shit but would you allow me to ask few questions in order to try to understand your nightmare ?

Oops ! Sorry man, I just realized my question was very undelicate, that's none of my business. forget about it.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:08 am

Dean, your area sounds alot like the coast of North Carolina, particularly the Beaufort area. Pirates flocked to that area way back when, even Blackbeard. Heck, he even owned a house in Beaufort! Anyway, people swear up and down the whole town is haunted. If any of you have a chance to visit Beaufort, North Carolina then do so. It's a beautiful, little ocean side town with a ton of history plus ghost stories!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:09 am

mrmetal wrote:I have this really bad nightmare all the time. In my dream, I have to get up real early and drive 37 miles on a busy freeway where everyone is traveling around 85 - 95 mph. I then go into this room and sit behind a large wooden structure that has a pc on it.... oh wait, that describes my normal day....damn....I guess I am still sleeping during that time.

:lol: Wow, we share similar nightmares Metal, minus the traffic from hell though!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:19 am

mrmetal wrote:I have this really bad nightmare all the time. In my dream, I have to get up real early and drive 37 miles on a busy freeway where everyone is traveling around 85 - 95 mph. I then go into this room and sit behind a large wooden structure that has a pc on it.... oh wait, that describes my normal day....damn....I guess I am still sleeping during that time.

This IS my daily nightmare...to a T! Except it takes me 45-60 minutes to go 21 miles to work. :roll:

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:05 am

I too had spirits in my house. This is no shit so don't laugh at me - I had to have it exorcised. Serious shit. I put up with them for a while but, when they started messing w/my daughters head I had to get them out of the house (not that I was enjoying being driven completely insane by them). Doors with forces behind them not letting me in the house, lights on in the morning even though they were turned off the night before, trying to unlock a double locked door from the outside before the top lock magically locked again before I could get the door open, front door opening and slamming closed - go to check it and it was locked and the only other people in the house were sound asleep, put an item in its place and an hour later you can't find it - come back the next day, or in some cases 3 days later, and there it is. Yea, I thought I was going completely fucking insane. The day my daughter headed for the front door (she was 5) and told me she had heard my mom, who is still living, say "c'mon, it's time to go. You have to go NOW!!" was the final straw. So, I tell them, "YOU fuckers are the ones that have go NOW!!" Exorcism done, spirits left - end of story. I know it's hard to believe if you've never experienced it. I hope none of you ever do. Years later my daughter told me she had known "they" were there for some time before we ridded ourselves of them. I think they were hanging out in her room, mostly. To this day she has yet to see any movie that deals with exorcism, haunting, etc. I don't blame her - I don't watch them either. I tried to watch the two hour show "A Haunting in Georgia" with all the lights on in the house but, I didn't make it through the last 40 minutes. Scary show that one.

Next

Return to Free for all...